• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 buck! :thumbup: :thumbup:

DSC_0044_zps15b33a73.jpg

I was thinking about dipping it in some type of something. ha!

the dash knob is broke no big deal.

I got two unbroken plastic air vents with new looking hoses with it.

still more oics to come. I'm pulling the L16 and tranny out of MasterCheif :D

Careful how so?

Non-indexed can spin on the shaft.

50 buck! :thumbup: :thumbup:

DSC_0044_zps15b33a73.jpg

I was thinking about dipping it in some type of something. ha!

the dash knob is broke no big deal.

I got two unbroken plastic air vents with new looking hoses with it.

still more oics to come. I'm pulling the L16 and tranny out of MasterCheif :D

That dash is awesome and has tons of potential. Check out my thread for before and afters of mine. Keep those air vents......you'll need them. I used plastic hose on my vent system I got for another project. Much better than the fiber.

Shit man your dash looks great! Makes me want to paint

this one a green like the cab color of my truck. Pretty sure its the same green as yours.

I might not get to that one for a while anyway being I just

made a new dash ha but then again I think I seen a few air

bubbles in the suede.... so maaaaby after I get my L18 in

With newly lined engine bay.

Wish I had the money to do a front brake job before I move to

Olympia.... that would be the greatest..

There are guys on here that would likely give you $50.00 for that ashtray if undamaged.  :lol:

As mentioned, don't lose the defroster vents, they only came on the 520, unless the 411s are the same.

Good score, did the instrument cluster look good, did it have amber turn signal indicators?

Was there a red 4 way knob in that truck? Go back and get it if it was good.

nice dude!...   When you moving?  wait to coat the dash, when you get to oly, hit up jrock4224. he owns a powdercoating shop and does great work....  FYI, jrock and I both kept the 521 lower textured bottom bolted to the 520 metal dash top...  look great...

shitty pic of mine...

2013-02-22200242_zps2565f096.jpg

That looks real good! I'll keep that in mind.

And I should be moving up there the summer of 2014

if I can get some moneys together. I'll for sure get in touch with jrock.

And everything beside a red knob wayno.

I wish I could buy the whole truck its not in that bad of shape for being in a junk yard.

As far as the amber cluster.... I was looking at it when I pulled the dash and I knew he would have charged me more with it still in the dash so I hid it behind the seat. Ha :) but I'll be going back for everything knobs heater, wire cluster maybe..

That looks real good! I'll keep that in mind.

And I should be moving up there the summer of 2014

if I can get some moneys together. I'll for sure get in touch with jrock.

And everything beside a red knob wayno.

I wish I could buy the whole truck its not in that bad of shape for being in a junk yard.

As far as the amber cluster.... I was looking at it when I pulled the dash and I knew he would have charged me more with it still in the dash so I hid it behind the seat. Ha :) but I'll be going back for everything knobs heater, wire cluster maybe..

I think the amber turn signal indicators are easier to see than the green ones, especially in the sun.

The wiper switch does you no good, as the 520 only has a one speed wiper motor, but if the knob is in good shape, grab it if you need it.

Are the rear reflectors there, they are on the rear lower corners of the bed pointed backwards, I need a set.

Bed reflecteors?? The round ones?

If that's what your talking about wayno this truck doesn't

have its original bed.

But if that's not what your talking about then I think you might need to post a oic of what you need ha.

I'll take some oic when I go back for you too.

There a l16 with a a87 head on it in the back of this 521.

I think someone had the idea to swap the motor kinda found out they can't do it that easy and set it aside tell he Junked it. Hahha that my own little story though. :D

Bed reflecteors?? The round ones?

If that's what your talking about wayno this truck doesn't

have its original bed.

But if that's not what your talking about then I think you might need to post a oic of what you need ha.

I'll take some oic when I go back for you too.

There a l16 with a a87 head on it in the back of this 521.

I think someone had the idea to swap the motor kinda found out they can't do it that easy and set it aside tell he Junked it. Hahha that my own little story though. :D

Yes, I was talking about the round ones on the rear bed corners, I need a set for the 520 project.

I have lots of L heads, don't need anymore.

No no didn't think you did just thought it was a tad funny

It was in the back of this 520.

no reflacters on it.

But! I should be buying a new bed for my 521

The bed is a 69 and it indeed has them. I was going to keep them but I got to thinking about it and I hate the front blinker lights on the finders of my truck, so I wantedt to take them of 'of coures cover the hole flush' and then I wouldn't keep them reflacters. They are yours once I buy the 120 bed... might be a few months..

I am starting to think we are talking about different reflectors, I am talking about the ones on the rear back lower corners of the truck, not the ones on the rear side, they look like the missing reflector on Bob3's wagon above the rear lense, he has one on the left, but the right one is missing.

day648_zps9be2b5d6.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think this 69 bed has them. I still could be wrong.

Wayno I'll let you know either way.

I'll get down to the junk yard tomorrow and snap

Oics like I said too. I think I have a red knob btw..

I don't need any more red knobs, but for what you would pay a wrecking yard for it, you could get 30 times the price back.

XXL posted a couple photos of the reflectors I am talking about, thankyou for that XXL, are them for sale? :lol:

I don't need any more red knobs, but for what you would pay a wrecking yard for it, you could get 30 times the price back.

XXL posted a couple photos of the reflectors I am talking about, thankyou for that XXL, are them for sale? :lol:

Only with a free 520 to go with them :( ... and since I sold my previous DD to make this truck my DD, I'm afraid what I'd need for the truck is not realistic.  :hyper: However, with all the chatter about the red hazard knob, I'm thinking maybe I should sell mine and buy a black one to replace it.

Only with a free 520 to go with them :( ... and since I sold my previous DD to make this truck my DD, I'm afraid what I'd need for the truck is not realistic.  :hyper: However, with all the chatter about the red hazard knob, I'm thinking maybe I should sell mine and buy a black one to replace it.

They are for bragging rights, nothing else.

Just keep yours, it gives the interior color.  :lol:

Name that bushing......?

haha

DSC_0072_zps53ed33e8.jpg

you all must know. look at this thing! holy hell it wasn't even doing anything really! the the damn rod was beginning to wear as well. 

didn't snap that yet..

SO the block!

I didn't really want to tear it all the way down but a few days after I bought it I thought it would just be best to get some new bearing in thereand some new ring.

once I tour it down I was happy I did, not only am I learning but the bearings had some wear that I didn't.. per-say like, but what do I know.. I do know that know I'll have new bearings though.

In this Oic I'm just pulling out the plastigage. not much else done besides more cleaning of the truck.

DSC_0071_zpscbca2943.jpg

I needz more bushingsss!