uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LCA? And yep!

It was to easy huh? I should have just posted the skinny skinny old bushing.

Any who I'm thinking I want to power wash the bay and evevy thing really? Any advice? Or should I even do it. Idk if I said but I am going to be using bed liner in the bay. I know I want to get I super clean...

LCA? And yep!

It was to easy huh? I should have just posted the skinny skinny old bushing.

Any who I'm thinking I want to power wash the bay and evevy thing really? Any advice? Or should I even do it. Idk if I said but I am going to be using bed liner in the bay. I know I want to get I super clean...

I almost didn't figure it out, as I have not looked at a 520/521 frame in a long time, at first I thought it was the top of the shock tower/shock top, but after looking at it for a while, I realized I was looking at the bottom of the LCA(lower control arm) strut/tension rod mount, as I knew it wasn't the front frame mount.

It will look like a dark cave if it is dull black in there, I would generally suggest the engine bay be the same as the body color.

So a no go on the bed liner in the engine bay huh Wayno?? Idk if it would look like a cave in there... not with everything back in. My block is bright blue, I painted it blue because I did want my truck blue but more and more I think I want the sea foam green it may or may not be.... better make up my mind on he block color...

Also mrbigtankers looks damn good lol.

I do want more peoples thoughts on this though!

I mostly wanted to do the liner for some rust prevention, the look of course and cleanliness a little. Cleanliness as it doesn't look as dirty if painted...

What y'all think?

I understand staying stock I do..

I think bedliner or black engine bay looks cheap, unfinished, trashy.  Yeah, it's a strong opinion, but it's mine.  Body color looks way more classy and "correct" IMO.  Not to mention bedliner is not smooth and will simply accumulate more grime and be more difficult to actually clean when needed.

• Like 1

I did the black engine bay, it shows the dirt way faster, and the fact is it actually doesn't look that good, I wish it was red so I could see the stuff in there, almost everything is dirty black.

DSCN0153.JPG

I never actually finished the engine bay, as I was so happy to have it going, I didn't care anymore, it's a daily driver now, and won't be taken down unless it has something bad happen, like I lose an engine.

I think bedliner or black engine bay looks cheap, unfinished, trashy.  Yeah, it's a strong opinion, but it's mine.  Body color looks way more classy and "correct" IMO.  Not to mention bedliner is not smooth and will simply accumulate more grime and be more difficult to actually clean when needed.

So now i am fuckin trash ha?

Well if your not going to look trashy and line it,just get a sand blaster and bang it out,and then you going to shoot it with automotive paint or real classy rattle can spray paint.Wow i used to have a battery tray i am so glad its gone.Keep up the good work.Now i got a do my engine bay again for the new little engine i am putting in.

Hahaha I've got a sand kinda sand blaster. No medium or but I was thinking I'll ask if they can make me a rattle can for the color I want. I'm sure they can. I'd love to get it painted the way it should be but right now I really want her back on the road and I'm just about out of money. With the two new master cylinders and other little things I can't go all out yet.. I need to be back on the road, that way I can make more moneyz to move and for the datto.. Mastercheif help me get a good amount of money when Iwas driving here. It was like every older person iI knew wanted me to help with their yard or move or anything now I'm without.... driving a pathfinder.... at least it slaps my music hella loud...

Need more Datsun...

Then dont do nothing to the engine bay,get it back on the road and focus your time on driving working and saving to spend money on it.they come a part so easy,first off you dont want it to look trashy like my engine bay and second its just double the work down the road.Just clean and call it good,but hey look at my truck what do i know.lol

Yeah I was going to be headed to get some rust prevention primer And a can of rattle paint the color I need. I only have two spots really that I need the rust prevention. But it will for sure look good.

I'm the type of person that if I don't like it I won't roll with it and I'll work on it tell I get it the way I need.. haha like my dash even though I bought the 520 dash. I don't mind doing things a few times either it sucks ass yeah but I learn. I know what your talking about though.

DSC_0073_zps18eebf47.jpg

I want to hit half the frame and get it shiny then paint it but Idk.... ??

if you used a wire wheel make sure you go back over what ever is wired with 80-100 grit because primer/paint does not like to stick to polished metal 

also por 15 or something like is great for the batt. tray and is paintable

if you used a wire wheel make sure you go back over what ever is wired with 80-100 grit because primer/paint does not like to stick to polished metal

also por 15 or something like is great for the batt. tray and is paintable

For some reason I spaced out por 15 good idea.

And thanks for the tip about the sand paper.

i would stop right there and just can it and get the truck running.

That's what I'm doing really. But Im slowly rebuilding an L18 and still need to stop a small leak in my old transmission and bushing that are way over needed.

I'll be on the road soon if my first engine rebuild goes good. Haha and I have faith in my self that the book is right cuz the three books I have are leading me. Along with the fathernlaw when I don't understand.