What I'm working with!

uberkevin

So with my new job, work on the datto is going slow but i'm almost there, she'll be back on the road darn soon. I can not wait!!

Da

Oics!

So I wanted to clean up my head a little and soo i did.

DSC_0084_zps5c9bbd72.jpg

DSC_0099_zps4bf63b05.jpg

After clean up I dropped that bitch on my L18 and followed the manual to the letter 'first engine build' I did not want to do anything

wrong so I watched Hainz guide on youtube 10+ times along side the book.

Here's where I'm at now.

DSC_0105_zpsbeb13161.jpg

So She is indeed getting worked on.

I also got some new tie rods and bushing for my tension rods.

I'm thinking I might want to get this 5 speed from a 620... I don't really know though just thinking about it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here it is all. I got it all done! Shes running! :thumbup:

DSC_0110_zps21e62099.jpg

Had a small problem with wires but I got it fixed right... All is working anyway.

DSC_0132_zps8064da91.jpg

Also had to make a gasket for the oil filter adapter.

DSC_0134_zps7179f119.jpg

Her she sits tell tomorrow when I get off work or in the morning after they tell me not to come in again...

DSC_0136_zps29535ab3.jpg

I happy to have my 521 back, ive learned a lot and it feels great build something from almost nothing, I thought it would be a little more challenging

I had a few mishaps but over all everything went perfect! 

• Like 1

For some reason I spaced out por 15 good idea.

And thanks for the tip about the sand paper.

Here is what I wrote on my thread a while ago.  It's a good deal and this stuff is great:

Was going to start doing the frame and axle with undercoating, but when I went to the store to get some Chassis Saver, it was $40. a quart. Holysh!t. I decided to go on line and find it cheaper. So, I ended up on Stock Wise Auto. Just bought a gallon for $99.03 with shipping and a promo code from Google. Should be here in a week, but that's ok cause I just saved 68 bucks!!

Are you washing the tires?! Looks good by the lake.

Ha! no I hate those things.... Rim/Tires. Ive got rallies but need to clean and paint.

Why you ask? and thinks but thats the Columbia River, huge!

speaking about rims, these are on the 620 I have here and they arnt rusting and are not bad looking any clue what they are? someone..

No clue what profile id need if i ever use them on the 521.

here they are.

DSC_0189_zps5954fb59.jpg

The 620 rocken them.

Ha! no I hate those things.... Rim/Tires. Ive got rallies but need to clean and paint.

Why you ask? and thinks but thats the Columbia River, huge!

speaking about rims, these are on the 620 I have here and they arnt rusting and are not bad looking any clue what they are? someone..

No clue what profile id need if i ever use them on the 521.

here they are.

DSC_0189_zps5954fb59.jpg

The 620 rocken them.

Those are i am almost 100% sure are enkie wheels..

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update, disc brakes from kracs in California are going to be shipped to me Friday :) just wanna say thanks to Mr.bigtanker for helping me get these. I'll be posting oics as soon as I get the box in what's going to be a slow few weeks.

Shit I'm stoked! I'll be talking to the insurance agent tomorrow to see what if any discount I'd get for putting new brakes on the truck. Seems like I should get a discount!

Minor update, disc brakes from kracs in California are going to be shipped to me Friday :) just wanna say thanks to Mr.bigtanker for helping me get these. I'll be posting oics as soon as I get the box in what's going to be a slow few weeks.

Shit I'm stoked! I'll be talking to the insurance agent tomorrow to see what if any discount I'd get for putting new brakes on the truck. Seems like I should get a discount!

Personally I would not do that, telling an insurance agent you are modifying your vehicle is in my opinion a bad idea.

It's great that you are doing it, but institutions don't understand things like that, unless it is like hagerty, where they deal with that sort of thing daily.

Unfortunately not hagerty but Allstate and I was really only going to mention to my agent I was thinking about doing it. Im pretty close to my agent he's a cool dude.

it seem like I remember him asking when I got the truck insured if it was drum or disc brakes while he was typing away behind his computer.

I understand what your saying though... could they drop me you think? It just seem being able to stop better helps "save lives" there for pay less haha

As I said, institutions don't understand things like this, all they hear is your vehicle has been significantly changed, and unless you are an ASE certified mechanic, and it's an american classic that has well known hardware that they can look up in a catalog from a well known company that has been selling this brake modification, I wouldn't go down that road.

This is my opinion, I don't tell my insurance company anything, well except Hagerty, as they insure classics, and they understand this type of thing.

Wait, your going to tell your insurance company that you modified your brakes from an OEM design to a homebrew setup on a 40 year old truck in hopes of getting a discount? What are you going to save? Like $10? You'll be lucky that they don't drop you completely after you tell them that.

I have State Farm for my 521 and it's like $200 a year. I'm in the process of going to Hagerty but likely not....AAA now has classic car insurance. I'm probably going to go that route. You have to get a membership but that covers all the cars. I'm only going off State Farm because 3 of my cars don't see 1000K miles a year and State Farm won't insure for classic value and more importantly, they say I have too many cars to insure.

your going to save your self from having a insurance policy..........lol......seriously the less u tell them the better .. they either try to add writers or worse use it as a reason to deny any future claims.....unfortunately nsurance companys arent out to help u as much as they like to say

Wait, your going to tell your insurance company that you modified your brakes from an OEM design to a homebrew setup on a 40 year old truck in hopes of getting a discount? What are you going to save? Like $10? You'll be lucky that they don't drop you completely after you tell them that.

I have State Farm for my 521 and it's like $200 a year. I'm in the process of going to Hagerty but likely not....AAA now has classic car insurance. I'm probably going to go that route. You have to get a membership but that covers all the cars. I'm only going off State Farm because 3 of my cars don't see 1000K miles a year and State Farm won't insure for classic value and more importantly, they say I have too many cars to insure.

Hawaiian you like getting ripped off,Stare farm is garbage.Talk about to much to begin with.You guys need to check out Wawanessa,have not found any one cheaper and there service is great.My 521 is like 160.00 a year and while they wont cover the trucks value it is still full coverage.