• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snapback.pngthe510keeper, on 13 July 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

blue2door.jpg

I am the lucky new owner of this car!

I'm going to call this car "The Keeper" in honor of the man I'm buying it from!

It should be ready for me to pick up sometime in Janurary or Feburary of 2013. I am so proud and honored to be buying a car from "the510keeper".

Hopefully James and Victory can post some pics during the prep and paint process!

Actually i have had this car longer then any, nice to see it going to a good home.

The pics i took of "The Keeper" 13 years ago, before it was gutted, were all hard copies, I will have to see if I can locate them

Tossed the factory blue fender years ago. 12 years a go if a fender had a dent, it got tossed.

We are changing out fenders to 68-69, and shaving the rear lights (68? :) )

Ironic thread title of the year award goes to...

I suppose it is ironic, unless you look at how far over due it is. Then consider that James has had it longer than any other. I guess The510Keeper wants to Keep It.

I am a typical car guy, I'm impulsive. This car was an impulsive buy. I bought it shortly after my '68 510 was crashed, to fill that void. I was excited to build it. I spent over a year buying parts for it. I now have other interests and that void has been filled by other projects. I may just pull out my '68 510 wagon from my storage building and start putting all of those new parts on that.

PM me if you are interested.

It seems that people can't do math, lets see if this is clear enough;

The original agreed price is $8,500

I have paid a 50% deposit of $4,250 to James

He is owed the other 50% of $4,250 upon completion of the car

I will sell my 50% of the car for $3500 (discounted $750 from what I've already paid)

James is still owed the remaining 50% of $4,250

SO TO BE CLEAR

Pay me $3,500 and Pay James $4,250 for a TOTAL of $7,750 and the car is yours.

It seems that people can't do math, lets see if this is clear enough;

The original agreed price is $8,500

I have paid a 50% deposit of $4,250 to James

He is owed the other 50% of $4,250 upon completion of the car

I will sell my 50% of the car for $3500 (discounted $750 from what I've already paid)

James is still owed the remaining 50% of $4,250

SO TO BE CLEAR

Pay me $3,500 and Pay James $4,250 for a TOTAL of $7,750 and the car is yours.

Maybe people are getting confused with these statements:

"He is owed the other 50% of $4,250 upon completion of the car"

"James is still owed the remaining 50% of $4,250"

50% of $4,250 would be $2,125.  I think what you meant to say is:

"He is owed the other 50% of $8500 upon completion of the car"

"James is still owed 50% of the original balance, which equals $4,250." or simply "James is still owed $4,250"

• Like 1

-Removed- 

For the sake of Bob's build page, I felt my original content would be better suited for a Personal Message.

In reference to jrock's post, I made a comment that when I clicked on the original classified ad, it felt like I was entering in on an on-going argument. 

• Like 1

There is nothing confusing here Bob, it says it all, and most importantly, it is very clear what you are going to end up with, and how much James will be owed.

What's a disgrace here is the United States educational system, giving diplomas to people that cannot read.

Well . . . it is with a heavy heart . . . THIS CAR IS FOR SALE

I've lost interest in this project that I've never seen. It's been almost two years since I paid a 50% deposit in on this car.

James and I agreed on $8,500 for the car, perfect tub with no rust and painted perfectly.

It was to come with; new glass, new front and rear window seals, rebuilt door hinges, doors hung, complete interior (not installed), other odds and ends, no motor or trans, etc.

As I said, I have lost that loving feeling. 

If you are interested here's the deal. James owes the above work and he is owed the balance of $4,250 (he has been paid $4,250 by me)

I will sell my interest in the car for $3,500 and you will owe James the balance $4,250. I loose $750 and you win.

Let me know if you are interested.

• Like 5

^^^^ what wayno said 

I read it once and it was perfectly clear to me 

carry on 

maybe read the whole thing twice might help but it is clear to me bob 

• Like 5

bobs just that way .... happens when u build the baddest ass datsun around most times..... but yeah i thought i was in a argument too ...but usually if im involved there's some form of arguing

Followed by a vacation

• Like 2

Life of a car guy. I worked on a '51 ford shoebox for three years and sold it cause i was burned out on it. Not to mention thats about when i met Bob.......Lol

what????? its now on miata suspension and runs a boosted dohc ???? :rofl:

• Like 1

I dont miss doing body work for a living...

my friends only sent me projects that needed to be perfect and were willing to wait the amount of time It takes me to do work.

I cant stand imperfections.... to any extent

I spent an entire week doing putty/sand/primer on a cb750 tank

and then took it back again for another 2 days for inspection and wet sanding

and then he sprayed it with rattle-can semi gloss black  :frantics:

• 5 weeks later...

SOLD

The510keeper and I made a deal for me to buy this car on August 6th 2012. Money was sent and the deal was done. I was to buy this 510 from him painted beautifully, as they always are. This process was to take place over 6 to 7 months (180 - 210 days). I was very excited and started buying parts for it. 

Time went by . . . .

Now, 617 days have passed, the car is still not done and I have sold my stock in it, as my interest and faith have waned. I wish the new owner good luck in getting this car up and running as it will truly be beautiful when it finally gets done. 

• Like 3

Interesting enough,

My goal was to sell the car out right, with out painting it. My lack of time to work in my shop gets the best of me, as I have a full time business I run.

Bobs been talking about buying a painted car from Vic and I for over 3 years, but does not have the patients to wait 2 years once he commits to buying and picking a color.

I have gone out of my way to pick my best parts and do some of my best work, knowing this is car is going to a fellow hardcore Datsun guy.

This is suppose to be fun, and what is a few extra months compared to the rest of your life.

This is a $5000 paint job, and most shops would not touch it for under $10k.

• Like 2

Everyone over commits at times. I'm not looking to insert myself into a pissing match but to me there's a huge difference between 6-8 months and 2 years.

The car is and will be beautiful, no doubt. 

The cost is a moot point if it's 1.5years late and not finished. You did agree to the cost and timeframe correct?

Again, not trying to bang on you but this is a community and the discussion is out in the open.

-Josh

• Like 1

I've always been amazed at how much The510keeper get's done knowing he run's another unrelated business. Being in business for yourself is usually a lot more than 40 hours a week too.

• Like 1

snapback.pngthe510keeper, on 13 July 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

blue2door.jpg

I am the lucky new owner of this car!

I'm going to call this car "The Keeper" in honor of the man I'm buying it from!

It should be ready for me to pick up sometime in Janurary or Feburary of 2013. I am so proud and honored to be buying a car from "the510keeper".

Hopefully James and Victory can post some pics during the prep and paint process!

The "Time Frame" was pretty apparent in the first post! 

To be clear, I'm not pissed, I'm just over waiting! I have never said anything negative about James. His work IS AMAZING! 

I am just collecting BMW's now and no longer collecting Datsuns. I still hope to own a "the510keeper" car some day, I'll just buy it already done!