to boso or not to boso

i picked up an rx7 oil cooler at canby (thanks kami) and im torn between putting it behind the valance or out front boso style here is a quick mock up of it boso style

9F991D5D-orig.jpg

what do you guys think?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No vote on boso. Up there yonder it would be a certain disaster... unless of course the oil cooler was fake and just there for looks.. in which it becomes excess weight ;)

Not a boso fan but I am a fan of understatement... so place behind grill (where it's safe) but where it can be noticed. Out front looks desperate to be noticed. The only saving grace of an out front mount is if it was actually a working cooler. Jon, there's no right or wrong way to do this. What ever you do will be fine.

• Like 5

I would be concerned with a rock going through the cooler if it's out front.. at least behind the grille it can be useful and not be so susceptable to damage... central oregon is the reason my grill has a million painted-over chips, my hood has rock dings on the front, I have dents in the grille, at one point a busted turn signal lens,... place is horrid on vehicles lol.

I could only imagine driving down 97 and having a nice big fatty chunk of cinder go through the cooler and you not know it until you spin a bearing.

Plus it'd probably cause issues being super-cold in the winter time and at night.

Mike couldn't have said it any better - put it in a safe but noticeable spot if you want to run a cooler. But there's no right or wrong way to do it like he said, it's a personal preference thing.

orig-11727721.jpg

Where you're at is pretty rural. It could be a disastrous affair were some critter or piece of debris to find it's way to the weakest, most exposed link in your lubrication system. I would say guard it behind your bumper and grill, but like was mentioned before(and has been a recurring response to many of threads as of late), do what YOU want to do. If for nothing more than aesthetic value, I'd personally not go that route unless it was the theme of my entire car.. of course, if your plan is to go Boso, then that's a good accessory to have.

Since everyone keeps saying the same thing about rocks, Ill change it up a bit. I still say no boso, but only for the fact that the car doesnt fit the rest of the look. I find it horribly out of place with the way your car sits now so I dont think it will look as good as you are hoping.

to those saying do what you want i dont know what i want yet hence the question i was planning on putting it behind the front valance when i first got it then i pocked it up out front just to see what it would look like now im kinda torn but its gonna end up behind the valance

boaty this thing never gets driven in the snow thats why i bought the subaru

Not a boso fan but I am a fan of understatement... so place behind grill (where it's safe) but where it can be noticed. Out front looks desperate to be noticed. The only saving grace of an out front mount is if it was actually a working cooler. Jon, there's no right or wrong way to do this. What ever you do will be fine.

mmm sound advice be different i like the idea of boso undercover