Whats a mopar..?

I know what MOPAR is, just part of the funny story. Apparently I'm now the co-owner of two 1972 Dodge Darts and here is how is happens.

hanging out with the other half's family last sunday, He decided to buy two dodges and such for a good price. So now I'm going to have to show him how to install an engine in the 2 door and fix the 4 door up for just general giggles. Thing that makes this funny, he bought the cars for looks and when I congratulated him on buying vintage mopar he was like "Whats a mopar?"

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, MOPAR is not a car or a car brand, but Chrysler's brand of auto parts.

Mike, do you remember AutoPar?

Dude really,, he probably still remembers reading about that whole Red sea thing that was in all the papers back then..

I try not to mention it on the webz, but I co-own a '73 Challenger. Part of the reason I'm poor. It's a nasty little car.

Cordoba 360 .30 over

Big cam- unknown specs

Police interceptor heads- Ported, with big valves.

Stepped long tube headers

Stock Torqueflite trans

4:10 gearset

etc. SO much fun to drive.

i have a few mopars myself. a 72 scamp, 77 power wagon, and my kids got a 68 dart 270 sedan and an 87 sundance, "technically" my wife has one too. an 87 cherokee. i say technically since its the last of the AMCs.

My dad has two dodges, one a 75 duster or dart sport, has a 318, and a dart swinger with a slant six.. Beautiful cars.

We have a 360 from a dodge flatbed waiting to be put in the swinger, cause the six is knocking :/

Im more of a Chevy guy when it comes to domestics, but 440s have a place in my heart..

• Like 1

Lol oics!!! I'm still mornin the death of caroll shelby and I hate mustangs

Gt-40 and Cobra ....

Gt-40 being my fav :wub: but the cobra is a nasty little basturd! !!! Ollz.

Yes i love 440's ... slant six ... 273 .... and the larger hemi's as well.Hemi 4spd manual tranny's were suppose to be tougher than shit as well as the torqueflight's.

IMG_20120504_234419.jpg

Giving this to my wife on Saturday for her birthday. She has no clue.

383 2bbl Plymouth fury3.

Been trying to make the paint shine.

The more I buff, the more comes off, but it's getting there.

IMG_20120514_182814.jpg

IMG_20120514_182802.jpg

It's starting to make me understand the appeal of the patina look.

I had a 79 duster (volare really, with "duster package". 318 auto)

Brown and black. Bought it for 350 bucks. Drove it for 2 years, still ran when I sold it for 50 though it had a bent LCA (donuts on tight streets not advised)

MOPAR- an acronym for "motor parts".Chrysler's factory racing program was called "Direct Connection".Best factory backed program to ever exist.The stuff you could walk into the dealer & buy would give you guys "wood" for a month.