Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that... But you just bought it. Confused.

Everyone makes those impulse buys.... Have you ever gotten to the point of working on something every single day to keep it driveable where you finally hate it?

i would sell that 69 and keep your original car

I know, thats probally what i should do, its in way better shape, who knows what will happen at this point, all i know is i have two cars now, and i gotta get them both put back together either way.

My reasoning behind selling the 71 is in my opinoin its worth more, and at the same time i get to start over with something different, unless you guys disagree? i would keep both, the whole idea was sell one and get my z to at least painted, as i said before, one 510 for my z finished is a pretty good trade.

the 69 is fawked.

I like the turbo bagged L better. I mean how many times have you seen a bagged turboed 510!!

NEVER!!

Well I haven't... A slammed 510 is a dime a dozen.

Only once... its sitting in my driveway...

Edit; either way i wouldnt run that turbo setup anymore, it was fun but it took its toll to fast, it was always worrying and tinkering, never driving and not thinking about every little sound coming from the engine bay. on top of that im communting 100 miles every day and start college up again in the fall.

Everyone makes those impulse buys....

Touché.

I would personally keep your car and sell the 69 (even though I prefer 69s), But it seems you might have a buyer already for yours. Maybe you should sell it and just rock the 69. Either car is decent with its share of faults so either way you should be ok. Money talks if you want to fix the Z... So I'd say whicher gets cash first goes.

If i were you i would Sell the '69 before its to late and end up losing cash. And while there are still fan boys that love that car.

or sell z and keep both 510s :rofl:

Ive came up with an ideal useing reg airbags with the strut intact. Meaning still using the strut casing without the shock portion of the strut. Even with adjustment for camber. Hopefully using on one the keepers projects and of not his one of mine that i take from him.

Everyone makes those impulse buys.... Have you ever gotten to the point of working on something every single day to keep it driveable where you finally hate it?

I know, thats probally what i should do, its in way better shape, who knows what will happen at this point, all i know is i have two cars now, and i gotta get them both put back together either way.

My reasoning behind selling the 71 is in my opinoin its worth more, and at the same time i get to start over with something different, unless you guys disagree? i would keep both, the whole idea was sell one and get my z to at least painted, as i said before, one 510 for my z finished is a pretty good trade.

my tan sr car was an impulse buy.

my bow flared dime was definitely an impulse buy.

2 thing's i have learned buying dimes rust never sleep's and you can always tell what chassis has ben driven hard buy how they flex . and as low as that 69 is that chassis must flex like a mother fucker. my first five ten started sagging in the back from the chassis flexing and the 1/4 panel tore a way from the rear pillar it was as low as that 69

Ive came up with an ideal useing reg airbags with the strut intact. Meaning still using the strut casing without the shock portion of the strut. Even with adjustment for camber. Hopefully using on one the keepers projects and of not his one of mine that i take from him.

Aerosport bags work great in the front, the only issue is if you wanna run a wide wheel and really slam it, you could adjust camber as well with plates

my tan sr car was an impulse buy.

my bow flared dime was definitely an impulse buy.

2 thing's i have learned buying dimes rust never sleep's and you can always tell what chassis has ben driven hard buy how they flex . and as low as that 69 is that chassis must flex like a mother fucker. my first five ten started sagging in the back from the chassis flexing and the 1/4 panel tore a way from the rear pillar it was as low as that 69

Every logical thought says make both run and sell the 69, theres just something about that car that for some reason i love, but then its, how far do i go with it, do i do door cards and carpet and finish the wiring? or should i just finish the exhaust, make it move and get rid of it?

You guys are right, i SHOULD sell the 69, the rust is bad, the bottom of the car is screwed, in your guys opinions what do you think i could reasonably sell the 69 for?

ill buy it for a grand you keep the motor haha

im kidding.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

How much you get depends on how much work you do to it. There really are a lot of fanboys out there that would probably snap this up if it was in decent condition. Piece together an interior, fix the wiring, anyone not a true Datsun fan will want the KA, give it a good wash, and snap some halfway decent pictures. You'll get rid of it quick I would bet.

Post it here, Craigslist, and Stanceworks. Done deal.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

How much you get depends on how much work you do to it. There really are a lot of fanboys out there that would probably snap this up if it was in decent condition. Piece together an interior, fix the wiring, anyone not a true Datsun fan will want the KA, give it a good wash, and snap some halfway decent pictures. You'll get rid of it quick I would bet.

Post it here, Craigslist, and Stanceworks. Done deal.

even the realm