Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

Ive been focusing on my interior the last few days, its coming along pretty nicely, it feels so good to drive around in something all assembled with 50 percent less rattles and somewhat quieter witht he carpet, deadening, door cards, rear seats, trim, etc etc all installed, starting to look good to.

Ill post up some pics tomorrow. the door cards were the first thing i had ever wrapped in vinyl, they look good but you can tell which one my dad did lol

Tomorrow i need to focus on the engine bay and a couple little exterior things i want to get cleaned up. also test fitting some different wheels a buddy might let me borrow for the show, Friday will be a good bath, detail, vaccum etc and saturday hopefully itll be looking good enough for the showcase!

• Like 1
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have pics of the AeroSport install or did I miss something? I always thought they would be pretty straight forward. Set height, weld platform etc. Been thinking about going this route for a while so whatever you've got would be appreciated. Car is looking great.

Do you have pics of the AeroSport install or did I miss something? I always thought they would be pretty straight forward. Set height, weld platform etc. Been thinking about going this route for a while so whatever you've got would be appreciated. Car is looking great.

I thought i had pictures somewhere but apperently i was so excited when the bags finally showed up i didnt take any. Ill be sure to get some good pictures of the struts when i pull them out to shorten them again, it is pretty straight forward and pretty easy like you said

The interior pics i promised, (still working on the video/fancy pics lol) Probally doesnt look like much, but its clean, and all assembled finally and for the most part im content for now!

And no, those arent the same seats shucks sells, there much higher quality and about 3 times the price and yes... i do need to vaccum haha

2012-07-19_18-49-20_967.jpg

2012-07-18_14-28-07_406.jpg

2012-07-19_18-48-22_624.jpg?t=1342749352

2012-07-19_18-48-40_498.jpg

2012-07-19_18-48-52_100.jpg

2012-07-19_18-49-11_488.jpg?t=1342749385

Interior is lookin good!

I'm going to start my kick panels hopefully soon. Doing 6.6" components in them. Fiberglass enclosure. Shud be fun! I'm just worried about foot room though. But don't want speakers in my doors either. We'll see.

Your cards and doors look good.

So ive been thinking about wheels a lot lately, curious what your guys opinions are on some diamond racing steelies, powdercoated white, thinkin 14x7 meybe 8s with zx struts, and strecth the tires i have on them... ??? what do you guys think?

Go Bart Racing. Just as awesome, lil less custom, but my set was 199.75 for 15x8's and that's shipped as well.

I'm gunna look into that, half the price of diamonds! I just can't decide if its worth doing zx struts yet, I know most people to it for brakes, but I could get some more dish with them, and I don't wanna buy wheels now if I do zx struts later, I could stagger do 7 in the front and 8 in the back I suppose...

im sure this has been asked somewhere but hopefully someone can give me a quick run down. Whats an average 14x7 wheel weigh? what effects does a lighter/heavier wheel have on performance etc? i can get 16lb wheels for 80 apiece or 22 pound for 56.. and 14x8s 18lbs and the other style ? probally 23

Well, weight will definitly rob power, as there is more mass to speed up and slow down(braking should be considered as well!) Lighter wheels are less mass, but also have lower weight loads and shearing strengths, if you plan on track days and drifting. The 14x8's if they do weigh 18 pounds would be around 22-24 with tires and as far as I know(not a 510 guy) this is pretty good.

Hope this helps!

While i was doing my wheel bearings and fixing that broken caliper today i took a couple pics of what you can see of the aero sport bags, hope it helps a little...

Thanks for the pics. It looks like they fit well with no rubbing. Oh and I like wide steelies and have thought about them several times over the years.

Looking good... I Could not find that link I had about the struts... But ya it all depends on tire size... I'm happy with the 195/50/15 tires I run. If I were to go 14's, my 510 would be on the floor. I can still get it to go lower, front and back. But if I pop a bag I will be stuck there. I'm still able to drive it fully aired out right now.

Well, weight will definitly rob power, as there is more mass to speed up and slow down(braking should be considered as well!) Lighter wheels are less mass, but also have lower weight loads and shearing strengths, if you plan on track days and drifting. The 14x8's if they do weigh 18 pounds would be around 22-24 with tires and as far as I know(not a 510 guy) this is pretty good.

Hope this helps!

Okay im going with as light as possible then lol

Thanks for the pics. It looks like they fit well with no rubbing. Oh and I like wide steelies and have thought about them several times over the years.

No problem!

Looking good... I Could not find that link I had about the struts... But ya it all depends on tire size... I'm happy with the 195/50/15 tires I run. If I were to go 14's, my 510 would be on the floor. I can still get it to go lower, front and back. But if I pop a bag I will be stuck there. I'm still able to drive it fully aired out right now.

I think im gunna shorten my struts again with vw rabbit inserts. At this point if i pop a bag.... i couldnt drive it haha so i mine as well keep going lower if i can!

if there 510 struts i can donate a fresh set to u.... hate to see a shortened strut shortened again...at least then u could always go back....

Sweet! i just may have to hit you up when i get ready to go lower!

If anyone is interested in my wheels, shoot me a message, i dont wanna sit on them forever once i get new ones!