Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

140 from factory. But people say they are pretty plugged up in stock form.

Specifications Ka24E

• Bore × Stroke: 89.0 × 96.0 mm
  • Max power: 140 hp (105 kW) @ 5600 rpm
  • Max torque: 152 lb·ft (206 Nm) @ 4400 rpm
  • Valve Configuration: SOHC, 12 valves
  • Compression ratio: 8.6:1 (9.1:1 for early 1989 240SX)

cruisin trying to stay out of boost, im sitting at 12-14afr. which is pretty good is it not? when i start to pull, say second gear full boost, my afrs go to between 9 and 10, correct me if im wrong but thats richer right?

So if im running richer under full boost, i need to do one of two things, reduce the pitot tube size, less pressure less fuel under boost, or go to a slightly smaller main jet. im sitting at 1.9 right now, which is big for my 1.6 compared to everyone else, so meybe a 1.8 or 1.75?

Edit: or just run it for ahwile rich under boost, a little extra fuel couldnt hurt anything right?

how many pounds of boost is there being introduced?

9-10s in the afrs is a bit rich... you could get a little more power with tuning it (your smaller main), but i think youve got the right idea about keepin it rich..

does it pull smoothly going through the different circuits on the carbs? are there flat spots or anything? are you getting alot of fuel smoke out the exhaust?

how many pounds of boost is there being introduced?

9-10s in the afrs is a bit rich... you could get a little more power with tuning it (your smaller main), but i think youve got the right idea about keepin it rich..

does it pull smoothly going through the different circuits on the carbs? are there flat spots or anything? are you getting alot of fuel smoke out the exhaust?

Im boosting 8 pounds, and its there whenever i punch it. Overall it seems to be running good, pulls good, no flat spots at least not that i can tell, theres a bit of lag in between gears, and no smoke at all. i can smell fuel occasionally but theres not enough there that you can see it.

Bov is now working fine.

i think today i will get the cold air finished, and finish my exhaust, both of which could have an effect on tuning, and see where its at before i try tuning it at all.

Also going to re calibrate the wideband just for the hell of it and make sure its right.

hmmm lol well im glad yours is runnin good, mine gets worse everytime i drive it HAHA oh well, its just all the little fine tuning bs that i have to get past. i think that tomorrow...since i shouldnt drive it... ill go back to suspension for a day and see what i can accomplish....

If anyone knows where i can buy aftermarket floatbowl t's (i read somewhere they make them) let me know, until i get new ones my cars down!

Problems of the day. broken float t. headlights shorted on something and now there all f***ed up, somehow engine bay temps reached 140 degrees = a big problem, boost leak somewhere, i tried shortcutting cleaning my engine bay....super clean and aluminum...enough said.

On the bright side, Bov is working great, afr seems to be working great, and up until the T it was running like a champ, everything seemed to go downhill after taht.

2012-07-05_12-04-57_986.jpg?t=1341518382

Man it looks like a bomb went off in there.... lol having problems with my new fuel setup. i went to an elctric pump thats rated for 15psi, and a fpr thats supposed to be boost sensitive and has a gauge and is supposed to opperate from like 0 to 30 psi or something like that. but i cant get it to adjust.... period it does whatever the hell it wants! sometimes itll be up in the 15 range somteims drop down to like 7 but it will not adjust...