Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never liked the wheels, and i have no idea what offset they are or brand,

And casey i personally think if you can find a decent part car then swap parts and restore it other wise just drive it.

Or use both of your 510's and build one bad ass one :thumbup:

Never liked the wheels, and i have no idea what offset they are or brand,

And casey i personally think if you can find a decent part car then swap parts and restore it other wise just drive it.

Or use both of your 510's and build one bad ass one :thumbup:

in the pic i see two bad ass cars, no need to take one down to make one badder asser.... but if u do i got dibs on the wheels..or at least let me borrow tem for a week to see how they fit.....

I dont have the time or money to give either of these cars the metal work they really need, so i just wanna keep them both on the road. there both sweet in there own way, not show quality or perfect but no need to strip down another car if it can be driven! ive contemplated puting my bag setup up on the 69 and coils on my car. the 69s already so beat up that i think it would be sweet to do whatever it takes to lay frame. but for now the goal is get it back on the road!

If i ever do anything with the wheels you and vintage have first dibs lol

I dont have the time or money to give either of these cars the metal work they really need, so i just wanna keep them both on the road. there both sweet in there own way, not show quality or perfect but no need to strip down another car if it can be driven! ive contemplated puting my bag setup up on the 69 and coils on my car. the 69s already so beat up that i think it would be sweet to do whatever it takes to lay frame. but for now the goal is get it back on the road!

If i ever do anything with the wheels you and vintage have first dibs lol

I was in first!

• Like 1

does the 69 have the DE in it still, or did it come without stuff to motivate it?

Came with a single cam, most everythings there to make it go, just gotta finish wiring, finally got it to fire on starting fluid, so now its down to an injector fueling problem

i thought the 69 had spring boosters, not coils? Or did he switch them to the other one?

And vintage and Jrock ill bring the popcorn!

Yeah it did, but if i swap around suspension id get some coils for my car

mmmmmmmm as good as that sounds... ill take the pass option, i hate automatics....

and i got the 69 fired off today! felt good to here it run finally, i was starting to get worried!

Anyone wanna buy a bagged and boosted 71 LOL it needs a fresh motor

As cool as a boosted L-series is, I would probably take the KA. If I wasn't on Ratsun with the knowledge of your build I would have no idea what you did to that motor to get it into that condition. You could have destroyed it with boost... Some people buy projects for projects and don't need it running either. Some may like the turbo L and would be willing to put the work in to get it back up and running. Do you have the ability to offer either engine to a buyer? I know youve got two 510s but do you only have the two engines?

I think all the fanboys would want a KA. Always seems like the KA cars go for more money than nicer L powered cars too. Also when you say anything is "blown" you probably loose 3/4 of your potential buyers because they want to tinker with a car but they really don't have enough skill to rebuild a motor.