Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the break in the rings just kinda came apart as i pulled each ring off

The break in the skirt, i noticed a hairline crack and just barely pushed on it and it broke off

Then a pic of the head all cleaned up

and some blood

2012-08-22_01-35-50_645.jpg

2012-08-22_01-36-05_129.jpg

2012-08-22_01-36-30_228.jpg?t=1345624969

2012-08-22_01-34-48_377.jpg?t=1345624919

2012-08-22_01-35-09_545.jpg

Well the deal with the Ka fell through since this motor was hitting so many snags, so im back to running the l20b!

I ordered new pistons since the one broke, started port matching my intake and exhaust (didnt really take the time to do this on the l16), i got the head all re-assembled just need to adjust the valves, and i picked up a bigger turbo! it kinda sucks cause it needs to be rebuilt, put that kit in the mail, but i figure it was free, and the td04 was much to small for that l16, drove me crazy how easy it boosted...

Now that its going back in my car, i must say im pretty excited to see how it does! ported head, fully balanced bottem end, fresh motor this time, lightened fly wheel, bigger turbo, gunna hopefully actually plumb in an intercooler since its all apart anyway, should make some good power, hopefully there will be a noticeable difference from the l16!

2012-08-22_14-42-32_970.jpg?t=1345680563

alright so my badluck with motors continues, ive been dailying the 69 and well it was great for awhile, probally have 600 miles on it since i got it, annnddd then today it went knock knock knock BOOM, pretty much without any warning, im 99% sure it was something timing chain related, it died as i came to a stop sign, got it to start again, making the worst noises possible moved ten feet enough for me to coast downhill to a parking lot and it died again, and will no longer turn over... i got it towed home and havent bothered looking yet... i leave in the morning for the weekend so ill tackle it next week

i guess im trying to prepare mentally for the worst... so my question is... if the chain did snap,break,comeapart,etc, are the tolerances so tight i just bent every single valve in the head?