Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL must be nice to have unlimited time and funds to be ruining old cars on a whim! Oh, to be livin the dream.......... LOLOL

Theres a guy in Arlington that has an 80's 3 series with a 5.0 mustang motor. Get-r-dun.

Haha if only i really did have unlimited funds... the things i could accomplish! haha ive seen a few v8 swapped e30s, just like when it comes down to a 510 everyone says it wont work, to heavy, wont handle etc, but if you talk to the guys that actually have done it i guess it works out pretty good in the end, i actually got the car off a friend who blew up the origanal crappy 4 banger and started the swap, he went off to college so... now i have it!

vintage dont look like your hurting to bad for toys and time....insulated high bay shop.... new contruction, enclosed trailer....sik sled with a trailer.... i know if u got one of those u got time to burn fuel....plus i seen some leather trimmed out suv interior in your pic of spudly driving down the highway.... wood installed on his woof....good lookign project spud.....wish u were closure i think our talents would make nice products....cant wait to see the 318 running

me too...cause everyone should own a datsun... there bitchin....still nice digs to put your car in... i agree spudly does have cool shit to do and its always done in like a hour and a half...wtf spudly....slow down...lol

I know! I think he has a secret crew of midget mexicans stashed in the back closet that work all night for high fives and taco bell..............

Vintage, just cause i dont talk about it doesnt mean im not working on the Z! ;) and thats a sweet sled, i get to usually go up with my uncle a few times through out the season, im usually on his spare, 06 rmk 600... with nos! haha do you know tony from speedway marine? hes built some sweet turbo sleds.

jrock, i dont think this project will be done in quite an hour and a half..... haha but with that said i already modified and reinforced the crossmember, and cut out the firewall/tunnel and should have the motor mounts all fabbed and welded in tomorrow when i get back from class! then the hard part will be done... just a matter of making it run after that. Driveshaft is gunna be spendy i think

Mavent met Tony but know of him. Do most of my own work. But the idea is buy a good enough sled not to NEED work! Can't skimp on reliability when I ride the back country. Break down there and its a $1500 minimun heli ride out if you cant fix it there! Yikes. We'll have to try to ride baker the same day this year. would be fun!

Come to think of it, I need a Datsun sticker for the sled! :D

No doubt. Very tempted to buy some for my blue 4dr. ^_^

What size is that crazy stretched tire? I wanted to run 175/55-15s if I get the Drags, but not if that's what those are. I really dig stretch, but not quite that much.

No there 145/65s and they look RETARDED, im planning on 165/45 or 55s... hopefully will have those before the weather gets to bad! 175/55s would look good to, depending on if you have zx struts or not you would have to roll and pull to fit them though, or at least a real good roll. on second thought a lot of people arent as low as i am... I cant pull the trigger on tires yet cause im still debating different wheels... dont wanna buy new tires just to get rid of them again!

Jrock... i dont think your gunna hate them out of me! but if i get different wheels youll be the first to know!

Cant wait to get the rest of the photos, My friend that did the shoot said they turned out really good, but he shoots for streetsweepers and some other site and wants them to be posted before he lets em go

175/55s would look good to, depending on if you have zx struts or not you would have to roll and pull to fit them though, or at least a real good roll. on second thought a lot of people arent as low as i am...

FWIW, in the front you can actually do 195/50-15s with ZX struts and camber plates. I was only considering 175/55-15s for more rear clearance. The 195s will clear in the rear of a 2dr, but not a 4dr. :sleep:

15x7 +0 Konig Rewind (same fitment as the drags) with a 195/50-15, 280ZX struts, and camber plates:

Rewind_510.jpg

FWIW, in the front you can actually do 195/50-15s with ZX struts and camber plates. I was only considering 175/55-15s for more rear clearance. The 195s will clear in the rear of a 2dr, but not a 4dr. :sleep:

15x7 +0 Konig Rewind (same fitment as the drags) with a 195/50-15, 280ZX struts, and camber plates:

For the record thats why i said depending on if you ran zx struts or not! ;) i dont, which is why i said a good roll or pull would be nessescary!

So the 69 was back in my shop sooner then i had expected

2012-10-05_10-42-32_809.jpg?t=1349491120

Hope no one cares that i post a pic here and there of my e30 progress

2012-10-05_18-42-20_495.jpg?t=1349491148

And on a side note... i saw this at inmotion last weekend, thought itd be cool to build one for my quad, figure it wouldnt be that heavy so with a little reinforcing in the back itd probally be fine? Except itd make my turbo boost faster with the load

2012-09-29_16-24-40_90.jpg?t=1349491162

oh spudly you are my guy.....thank u for rememberin me....im ready when u are... ;ets build that trailer too i can coat it fo ru....i got a sick pic of a sc400 and a street bike on a similar trailer with matchin powdercoated wheels car and trailer.....love the rewinds too on the bamboo freak....thats a great look also