Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worth it at all ... you can only go like 1/2" lower than the front control arms dragging ... before the frame rails drag under your feet

.... I love how your car looks in the back,, any lower looks stupid .. .. did you already have to cut mini-tubs? (not worth it IMO)

Let me know what your plans for lower are,, because I only wanted another inch or so lower than where you're at now,, and I don't think it's possible (there's a few cuts I made, that just immediately went from, "just a little lower" to "oh, fuck, it's ruined" ... :rofl:

Thats where im at right now... just one more full inch and id be satisfied, what did you cut that messed it up? cause i think i could do it.... but id be making a cut or two haha i like the fitment right now though, technically i could a half inch drop with some different tires... meybe i should do that first since when im aired out my exhaust is already only 3/4 of an inch off the ground... another full inch would set my crossmember on the ground though

indy u got way more than a inch that u were going for....your shit is moar loar then any 510 will ever bee....spud like the rack ... probably scaled down would be more what your going for... i rermember one guy i new made a basket for his roof rack out of bambo.... even had sides that were like 2.5 inches tall...looked cool....i like where your headed... hate those wheels though so send them to me ...moar nower pleaz

Thats what im thinking two, definately shorter and if i can a little lower, a bamboo rack would be pretty sweet, im still debating on the whole basket thing, im gunna do it but i cant decide if i should go metal, or keep it classy and put my wood working skills to the test

hahaha who knows meybe if i get some different ones this winter we can do a part trade on some powder work! ;)

i dont like the new color either! i gotta sand it all down and redo it, with a natural wood stain again, shorters gunna happen, in fact ill go do that right now, and bamboo would be awesome, where do you even get bamboo from?

Do you think a wood frame/basket, or silver metal frame basket?

Thats where im at right now... just one more full inch and id be satisfied, what did you cut that messed it up? cause i think i could do it.... but id be making a cut or two haha i like the fitment right now though, technically i could a half inch drop with some different tires... meybe i should do that first since when im aired out my exhaust is already only 3/4 of an inch off the ground... another full inch would set my crossmember on the ground though

I don't reccomend cutting into a 510 for more rear control arm travel,, that seam is VERY structural, and the ONLY thing holding the rear spring pocket to the car

DO NOT cut into the front shock towers/frame rail area where the front tires hit metal: ... it makes the front shock towers VERY weak:

7984871709_54355e5d33_c.jpg

I'm serious that it's impossible to get the front T/C rod cups on the ground .... unless you cut off the rocker panels and all the floors

... you need to cut out all the floors/frame rails, before the rocker panel seams will drag anyway .. not worth it, trust me

6967658967_bb40e3be8c_o.jpg

hmmm the fronts fine... its the seam in the back... i was planning on cutting slits into and folding it over, giving about 3/4s of an inch more travel... but i guess ill just have to live with it, i dont wanna weaken anything structurally, and i dont want to create more work for myself... guess ill spend that time hunting down and replacing rear rockers and a front fender!

That sounds interesting, but I'd be scared to fuck it up real bad without a re spray in the near future!!

Shortened the rack a total of 5 inches, looking so much better and started sanding it down, unfortunately I have to replace the slats to get back to a natural color!

• Like 2

Who cares, they are probly cheap right? Unless you used some fancy pants wood!

I remember seeing bamboo shoots somewhere recently.........................................cant.................................remember........................where..............................................................

• Like 1

Fucking air lines... Blew another front line during my photoshoot tonight, whole roll of electrical tape should get me home.. This stuffs supposed to be rated at 190 degrees and 140 psi, appearently

they suck though.. Anyone know of anything better I could try??

braided leaders can be made at any hydralic shop.....they can make swivels and any length u need, i usually just make them long enough to ge out of harms way...then back to regular air line... or i slit rubber hose to fit over the line in areas where rubbing or heat play a factor...i cant think of anywhere on a 510 where heat would factor other than drivers front so if its there just re route the line away from heat all togehter.....guarentee u, u will wreck your 510 if u blow that line at highway speed....lol...errrrr not lol

braided leaders can be made at any hydralic shop.....they can make swivels and any length u need, i usually just make them long enough to ge out of harms way...then back to regular air line... or i slit rubber hose to fit over the line in areas where rubbing or heat play a factor...i cant think of anywhere on a 510 where heat would factor other than drivers front so if its there just re route the line away from heat all togehter.....guarentee u, u will wreck your 510 if u blow that line at highway speed....lol...errrrr not lol

I have a few chunks of braided line, i may just go get the right fittings to run those through the engine bay.. becasue yes it is the drivers side front that keeps going, but its as far away as possible from any heat source, i though it was werid becasue my engine doesnt see over 175 degrees, but when i think about it all three times have happened from letting my car sit still running for an extended period of time... braided lines it is!

Well I'll be. I was wondering were TheGooner went. After the first NorthEnd'r meet he and his wagon went MIA.

(chanting) BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD

I talked to him he said he was gunna start one!

Heres my current project, since i would be killed in my sleep if i did this with a 510... ill use this poor old 318i that no one cares about!.....Drift car!

2012-09-27_18-36-08_159.jpg