Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

3 cars = 3 projects

How you have time and money for so much fun is beyond me!

The 510 has really been consuming most of my energy lately, im about tired of working on it so i just want to get it into good dd shape and fix maintence stuff as needed and just start driving it and enjoying it again. not that i dont enjoy working on it....

The Z hasnt been touched in several months, so.... nuff said, but my dads really been pushing me to get going on it again so while im working and have some money im going to buy some big stuff that will hopefully get me to the point of needing paint.

As far as this e30 thing goes, i dont need it until next summer, im going to throw everything inside the car and throw it outback under the carport until this spring lol it was just one of those things he was going to get rid of either way before he left for school, and i got a killer deal on it. fresh motor, tranny, brand new clutch and flywheel, complete car, coils, in good shape, basically everything is there except mounts, 750$.... it was really hard to pass up

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedo finally fixed (new cable)

Exhaust finally ran...you almost literally cant even here it at an idle, (it used to sound like a diesl tractor.. no joke)

axle rebuilt and installed

Did another side of wheel bearings

bled my brakes cause they were getting a bit soft

and am currently working on installing some speakers... appearently listening to your ipod is illegal?

Some bad news though... i noticed on the way home yesterday... the dreaded blue cloud trailing my car when i pulled onto the freeway...

Time to dust off that l20 and finish building it!

Some bad news though... i noticed on the way home yesterday... the dreaded blue cloud trailing my car when i pulled onto the freeway...

Time to dust off that l20 and finish building it!

Blue cloud could be carbon? if at high RPMs?

My dads Camry did this when i was behind him, he blew out all the carbon (I'm guessing) and the check engine light went away lol.

Ive never heard of that before, i think its turbo not motor though which is good, it only does it if i punch it and hit full boost, if i ease into it it doesnt smoke. , noticed some oil around the blowoff also noticed my oil return was a little kinked, so longer return line and im keeping my fingers crossed oil pressure was just building up in the turbo from the line.

Also. since the full exhaust, one its very very very....very quite, but i think it messed with my tune, if i stab it into high rpms and full boost itll puff a little cloud of black smoke/grey, my theory is the exhaust fattened it up somehow, but i havent hooked the laptop up yet to confirm this.

I got mine at shucks, it was only like 13 bucks too, went right in no problems (i was wondering if the 5 speed was gunna mess with things)

Havent given an update in awhile... been daily driving my 510, 99% sure the turbo is whats burning oil. getting shit gas mileage 16-20 but overall im pretty happy with it right now, havent had any real major problems except an airline blowout lastnight.

Oh and my new car....

Yeah it was his car, plans right now are to finish wiring up the ka, put an interior in it, fix the rear dif, new tires, fix a few other little things and make it driveable again, im my opinion the cars beyond restoring becasue of rust, so mine as well keep it on the road!

Yeah it was his car, plans right now are to finish wiring up the ka, put an interior in it, fix the rear dif, new tires, fix a few other little things and make it driveable again, im my opinion the cars beyond restoring becasue of rust, so mine as well keep it on the road!

he i got a stock diff sitting on my floor...right next to the 510 struts.....next time u take them off look for a et witha number next to it .. ususally printed on back of spoke...thats the offset...if they came with the car super jalen outta know the wheels and offset