Jordan's Fully Caged, Flared, Tubbed 72 SR 510

510 OC

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build thread i remember you and your father came to take measurements of my 510 at my shop to see if it would fit on your trailer. i scored the Rb20 off that guy. good work there man!

Yup, that was us. Dime has come a long way since then though. haha

Sweet, glad to hear u worked out a deal with that guy :thumbup:  I'll come say what's up one of these days and i hope everything is going good with ur shop. B)

The one thing that is cool about me not being on for Ratsun for 6 months is I get to come back and find threads like this and it is like watching a whole season of a show on DVD rather that week by week. Great stuff here! Looking forward to the season finally now!

• Like 2
The re work on the factory manifold is ingenious. There are several Sr20 builders that swear that the s14 / s15 cast manifolds will perform better than most aftermarket units and last longer. 

Cast manifolds are great. The factory cast manifolds have 1000s of hours and 1000s of dollars invested in them for R&D. They are are shaped a specific way internally to maximize a lot of features. People that build tubular manifolds normall just make them equal length and call it a day. You will also see a cast manifold last the elements longer than any tubular manifold. There are a few aftermarket and factory manifolds that are great. The stock S13/14 manifold as well as the Evo unit are great. 

• Like 1
The one thing that is cool about me not being on for Ratsun for 6 months is I get to come back and find threads like this and it is like watching a whole season of a show on DVD rather that week by week. Great stuff here! Looking forward to the season finally now!

Same here. I'm trying to get back to work on my car, and all of this stuff is great inspiration for me. Keep up the great work. This is an amazing looking project.

• Like 1
The re work on the factory manifold is ingenious. There are several Sr20 builders that swear that the s14 / s15 cast manifolds will perform better than most aftermarket units and last longer. 

Mario from TCR came over to my house a couple months back and spotted that manifold and said he was sure that it was his work from back in the day. He also recognized his motor and tranny mounts. Pretty beast!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend I decided to strip down the sr even more and clean and repaint it the original cast aluminum color. Also changed all the freeze plugs with nice shinny brass ones. :wub:

photo37-1_zpsc6d4e2ec.jpg

photo36-1_zps9e052d39.jpg

photo38-1_zpsc679e9e6.jpg

photo39-1_zps3a2cfa4b.jpg

Scored this sweet Greedy oil pan yesterday for only $80. Talk about a come up!!! :w00t:

photo42-1_zps92349eaf.jpg

photo40-1_zps84613439.jpg

And a little teaser for u guys. B)

photo41-1_zps234788ef.jpg

Yup, that was us. Dime has come a long way since then though. haha

Sweet, glad to hear u worked out a deal with that guy :thumbup:  I'll come say what's up one of these days and i hope everything is going good with ur shop. B)

yeah come whenever evrything is going good here i started my build on the 240z i will start a thread soon.