Jordan's Fully Caged, Flared, Tubbed 72 SR 510

510 OC

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Nice fab work !!! I love builds like this and hope to tub mine after my v8 conversion. Will you be able to fit a 10" wheel in there?  Are you making custom control arms? I was hoping to run a 10" wheel with a 285 or so tire but thought I would have to rmove the shock mounts and make new ones to do it. Great

job and keep pics coming!!! B)

I also really like the c10 truck and it's road race/ pro touring theme. One of the best Ive seen.

:thumbup:

• Like 1
Nice fab work !!! I love builds like this and hope to tub mine after my v8 conversion. Will you be able to fit a 10" wheel in there?  Are you making custom control arms? I was hoping to run a 10" wheel with a 285 or so tire but thought I would have to rmove the shock mounts and make new ones to do it. Great

job and keep pics coming!!! B)

I also really like the c10 truck and it's road race/ pro touring theme. One of the best Ive seen.

:thumbup:

Thanks. I'm personally going to try to run 15x8 -0 offset or 15x9 -0 offset wheels. 225/45-15's for the tires. I wasn't planning on making custom control arms but will see.    

Yeah, Hellboy is one of the sickest C10's out there!!! :thumbup:

I have 17 8's with 235 on a 4 door non flaired or tubbed but had to massage inside a tiny bit and rolled the lip allittle aswell but I guess you might be going this route for the low stance with normal camber angles and have clearenxce at the top. Mines not super low so haven't rubbed the top. Your 8's will fit easy but the 9's might need the arms notched allittle to clear? I was thinking of making new rear arms and run a 930 hub set up with vented disc brakes like I've used a ton of times in offraod cars and maybe even change the wheels to wide 5 like your truck and put a hollow tube spindle on the front with offroad hubs again with huge brakes to match the wheels all the way around. Just whats been floating around in my head but have other pressing things in the ay right now. I'm assuming the c10 has a quickchange rearend in it?

I have 17 8's with 235 on a 4 door non flaired or tubbed but had to massage inside a tiny bit and rolled the lip allittle aswell but I guess you might be going this route for the low stance with normal camber angles and have clearenxce at the top. Mines not super low so haven't rubbed the top. Your 8's will fit easy but the 9's might need the arms notched allittle to clear? I was thinking of making new rear arms and run a 930 hub set up with vented disc brakes like I've used a ton of times in offraod cars and maybe even change the wheels to wide 5 like your truck and put a hollow tube spindle on the front with offroad hubs again with huge brakes to match the wheels all the way around. Just whats been floating around in my head but have other pressing things in the ay right now. I'm assuming the c10 has a quickchange rearend in it?

Yup, that's exactly why I'm going that route. I want it super duper low with a really mean and aggressive look. That would be super sick man if you figured out a way to get that to work for you.

Yeah, the C10 does have a quickchange rearend in it. Here's a link to it's feature in StreetTrucks magazine. http://www.streettrucksmag.com/hellboy-no-limits-street-legal-autocross-c-10/  B)

• 5 weeks later...
No go on the cage yet but I decided today to cut out the spare tire well and notch the rear tire wells for my CV's and coilovers.

photo6-1_zps5a4e53eb.jpg

Looking good!

Your gonna to want to trim the body back for control arm clearance while your in there.

What are your plans for camber/toe adjustment?

-Josh

Looking good!

Your gonna to want to trim the body back for control arm clearance while your in there.

What are your plans for camber/toe adjustment?

-Josh

Are you talking about the A-arm travel swinging up more into the body? As far as the Camber/ toe adjustment, I'm using a slotted rear X- member.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!