Granny panties

Well While I have been outta town the crew jumped in to granny panties head first.

In the beginning, we haven't came across a granny 2 door like this in years.

Looks like a great candidate

lasvagas11_4768.jpg

lasvagas11_4786.jpg

lasvagas11_4772.jpg

lasvagas11_4777.jpg

lasvagas11_4776.jpg

lasvagas11_4778.jpg

lasvagas11_4788.jpg

lasvagas11_4784.jpg

lasvagas11_4779-1.jpg

Problem areas, min rust on the lower fender, but the roof will take the cake. Not a hard fix and a lot of options just depends on how much we want to invest in to granny

lasvagas11_4787.jpg

lasvagas11_4770.jpg

Tom yanked the rebuilt L20B out (getting ready to mate up a 280zx 5 speed)

lasvagas11_5273.jpg

lasvagas11_5274.jpg

lasvagas11_5276.jpg

NOS Nissan clutch and pressure plate, along with a new through bearing and pilot bushing

lasvagas11_5281.jpg

lasvagas11_5282.jpg

lasvagas11_5284.jpg

This granny was an automatic car so Tom needed to install a clutch petal assembly

lasvagas11_5278.jpg

Some ideas are paint her, better rims and tires, coilovers. Only time will tell and yes in the end we will off her like a used car salesman. Never get attached

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetness, we get to saddle up for a new one!

I don't know how you make decisions with all the protects James. It would paralyze me. Hell I have 4 bicycle projects and 3 Datsuns, and have trouble deciding which gets the attention and resources. "But if I buy a $120 engine kit for my cafe bicycle project, that is $120 I don't have for the '59, 510 or 521. And if I spent it on the Datsuns, that is $120 I could have put toward a welder...." On and on like this. It is a wonder I make any progress on anything.

Then you have the added decision of how far to take something before you sell it.

I've always had this problem with decisions... "Hey kid, you want a Coke or an Orange soda with that Big Mac."

"Uh..."

Meanwhile the line behind me is getting restless.

What's funny about decisions is we get so many cars that the parts for one just arrived in the car we just got. Or parts we have and wonder what we are going to do with them go into something new we haven't got yet.

That being said we are running out of parts to make car complete.

So I'm spending more cash to make cars complete.

As soon as we sell a car a big portion of the money goes in to buying another builder.

After we sold Big Red we added to it and bought Virginia. Now that Virginia is gone we are looking into whats next, which is going to be a very big surprise :)

About the roof, we will not cut the roof off or rag top it. Sometimes, once a car has had this done it's never the same and we need a buyer. We are not building it for us, but for a community of Datsun enthusiast