The Blue gO_On build?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Little update, Derek got the valve seats resurfaced.....machine shop checked all the valves and more had slight tweeks than not. He took all the extra valves I had with him.

They were all cleaned up by the machine shop also. Derek can chime in on the cost.

So anyway, with all good valves and seats we got it all assembled today.

IMAG7176.jpg

IMAG7177.jpg

IMAG7181.jpg

IMAG7186.jpg

• Like 1

Been a very weird day for me, and probably others that have seen me today.

Was driving over to "H5WAGONS" place to finish some work on the car. On the way over my motor starts making some significant noises and will now barley move under its own power. So I get some help from "AriasCarlos" towing it over to H5's place. On the way over there Carlos mentioned his buddy has a 620 king cab for sale. At that point I needed something to drive and maybe make a little cash on after all this.

So ended up going to look at the 620, and well bought it. Which is a surprise to people that know me :rofl: Not really a 620 or truck fan in general.

79 620 King Cab Deluxe, L20b, 5 speed, matchbox, etc. It has a lot of rust on the tailgate, some on the fenders and little spots through out. But once I replace that tail gate it will get rid of most of it :) Got got it for a fair price so all is good...Best part is, it drove me home  :D

Plan is to get this thing registered and legal, maybe do a quick spray can job on it, and other things needed to be a daily. Drive it for a while then maybe sell it. Who knows I may end up keeping it ;)

IMG_2447_zpscec467ac.jpg

IMG_2452_zpse3858e19.jpg

IMG_2453_zpsb7afad6b.jpg

IMG_2458_zpsdd5bd329.jpg

IMG_2459_zpsa252799d.jpg

IMG_2450_zps5665a4fc.jpg

IMG_2456_zps0f729cc1.jpg

Look at where that coil spring is, weird.

IMG_2449_zps1a9b5564.jpg

I think its awesome that you scored a 620,( sorry to hear about the goon) I know your not a 620 fan but maybe the little truck will win your heart in the end, if not oh well at least there is another datto on the road !

Oh and that coil spring , pretty common overload set up for light trucks ..I probably have 3 sets just like it I have taken off projects over the years.

• Like 1

Literally made an account just to comment on this build haha. Just wanted to stop and compliment you on the awesome work you're doing, it really inspires me to try and find one of these wagons or an on school wagon in general to do my own build. I've noticed you haven't treated the rust, but I say leave it because it really ads to the "ratsun" character  :w00t: . So yeah just keep up the good work dude, i'll definitely be checking back on this thread to see what you've done.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...