The Blue gO_On build?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So today I decided to make some leaf spring clamps. After a lot of reading, people have been saying it helps tremoudously with wheel hop, axle wrap, ect...

Decided to try it myself.

Wow what a difference! first thing I noticed, I went into reverse and everything felt a lot more stable. Usually when I go down my driveway, I get a little diff slap from the angle of the driveway, now it doesn't do it at all. Then I take off from a stop sign and I am actually going fast, no lag on take off. Took it around some tight corners and it now has less body roll. Overall this amazing for the price of it, only cost me about $10!

If you have leaf springs try this out :thumbup:  I placed the clamp right before the nub on the front portion of the leafs.

IMG_2335_zps5b360a8d.jpg

IMG_2341_zpsf06cc04b.jpg

IMG_2340_zps11dedd43.jpg

IMG_2338_zpsf51e8847.jpg

Finally picked up the BMW seats from my friend :D The color is close to the 510 stock red, but not perfect. I am thinking a might try and find the red vinyl paint for the BMW seats and paint the panels and such to match, since they are very faded anyway.

Also found 1 center cap at "H5WAGONS's" house, fits perfect! Anyone know what it's from? Looking for 3 more or a set!

IMG_2347_zps71a447e4.jpg

IMG_2346_zps984988c9.jpg

Finally picked up the BMW seats from my friend :D The color is close to the 510 stock red, but not perfect. I am thinking a might try and find the red vinyl paint for the BMW seats and paint the panels and such to match, since they are very faded anyway.

Also found 1 center cap at "H5WAGONS's" house, fits perfect! Anyone know what it's from? Looking for 3 more or a set!

IMG_2347_zps71a447e4.jpg

IMG_2346_zps984988c9.jpg

Try hubcap world, they have hundreds of center caps, at least they did when I was last there.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbusinessfinder.oregonlive.com%2F695527%2FHubcap-World-Portland-OR&ei=7VrCUrunKojboASnl4DYBw&usg=AFQjCNFZBM8iVUu5839iny1k1bd3iUYRLA&sig2=pATjnycY7INDVz8sWYnQWQ&bvm=bv.58187178,d.cGU

• Like 1