The Blue gO_On build?

Ok, so after all the driving, replacing, fixing, and more driving,replacing, and fixing...The car runs so amazingly compared to before! Thanks again to anyone who has helped out on this swap!

As we left Mikey's house (Thanks again man!) I could instantly feel the difference in the pedal. No more hesitation! Got on the free way on the way home, and HOLY SHIT  :D  :D  :D  :D  :evil: twice as fast as it was before, it felt so smooth and did not want to stop!!!!!!

I am really impressed by the power after fixing all these little issues! Going to do a few more things and it should be all good!

Some pics of the weekend.

On way back from Klotz's place, Look at the door!

1598365_588896661183675_1766176847_n_zps

Backseat partner on the way up to Jrocks

1558672_588896651183676_1244033287_n_zps

and one of Adams many powder coated parts we also picked up, while up there!

1492858_588896654517009_1684869952_n_zps

Oh also, a video i got the other day, Now that its running better I will get a better video...

th_IMG_2365_zps92c9a561.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been having some issues. Started a thread on it here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/59319-odd-noise-id/

Went ahead and took the head off. I have a car to borrow for a while, so I thought might as well check everything out. Taking it apart tomorrow...

The #2 pistons is pretty clean compared to the others. A bronze color.

Also one of the valves has some grinding around the area it touches. The cam also has some grind marks as well. All pictured below.

IMG_2380_zpse877743b.jpg

IMG_2382_zps5886f91e.jpg

IMG_2383_zps3eab0be3.jpg

IMG_2384_zps55ef4d9e.jpg

IMG_2385_zps848c9aee.jpg

You can see the grinding around the valve area here.

IMG_2386_zps19a3bce6.jpg

IMG_2394_zps0fc34589.jpg

IMG_2395_zps64ea8a86.jpg

IMG_2396_zps47d7ddfb.jpg

IMG_2397_zps77c19a8a.jpg

You can see the grinding on the cam here, also the head has some marks too...

IMG_2393_zps0ecb3b82.jpg

[url=http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/draynor1995/media/IMG_2398_zpsdc9810a3.jpg.html]IMG_2398_zpsdc9810a3.jpg

Good to see issues up top though....Bottom-end should be fine. B)

I know some people don't use any sealer on HG, but water ports need just a little insurance in my book. I use a spray sealer, very thin coat

IMG_2386_zps19a3bce6.jpg

Tap, tap, tap, tap...... :sick:

Ok, so Derek brought the head over and Banner stopped by to help tear it down. The valve with the shinny edge(Exhaust) was the first clue but the intake we discovered was obviously bent, would not slide out the guide with out being pushed.

This is turn cracked the top of the valve guide :crying:

But knowing that the valve was sticking is a big relief (without valve spring, we could not open valve to normal open position)....New valve guide located and I had a bunch of good stock valves, so we hope to have it installed & back on the car this weekend.

Derek is dropping the head by the machine shop tomorrow.

This valve had a very slight bend....slid out the guide no problem

IMAG7167.jpg

Intake I didn't get a pic but it was visually bent....and when pushing it out with light force it cracked the tip of the valve guide.

All other valves came out fine and seats looked good,

IMAG7170.jpg

We will also check all other valves before final assembly....and will be lapping them also.

Lets see if we can get some higher compression numbers next time. :ninja:

Video of bent valve....

http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/H5WAGON/media/VIDEO0490.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Shenanigans.... http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/H5WAGON/media/VIDEO0492.mp4.html

Intake valve on that cylinder was sticking.  ...Forgot to mention that.

So the low compression number on 3 was really nothing. I told Derek you don't even have 500 miles on this motor, so all numbers might come up a bit. :thumbup:

#2 had the bad valve....made good compression when cranking over slow for test, but when running would stick when above idle like crazy.