mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice truck, love what you did with yours. Question though, what's that metal under where your battery tray was? Can't see your right tire through your engine bay, is that a special feature they only used on some models? Lol

Thats the rubber to block the upper control arm area or fender well from the engine bay.Its a different rubber,i made those off the original ones that were all torn up.They have those lines in them.They are not smooth. 

Thats the rubber to block the upper control arm area or fender well from the engine bay.Its a different rubber,i made those off the original ones that were all torn up.They have those lines in them.They are not smooth. 

Lol, I was trying to be funny, was talking about the absence of a rot hole under your stock battery spot. If mine was any bigger, the whole battery support would fall through...

photo-128.jpg

Got the bottom of my original door fixed with a doner door.It had one top side small hole that will all be cut out and replaced,along with seat brackets made for it.And i still want to mini tub it maybe just go with 9" wheels nothing crazy just think it will look cool.I dont know any more.But at least im still moving forward on this but i got to drive it to and enjoy it. As ugly as it is it really gets a lot of attention oh it needs a FJ20 to maybe carbed cool factor but old school.

FJ20s are awesome! But heavy I think... CA18DET!!!

As far has headlights that are drop ins...

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

but read this:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?288782-Who-has-the-best-sealed-beams

and here is the bi-focus

The best light ever for 5.75 conversions was the Cibie CSR but has been discontinued sadly (I think the building that made them burnt down or something and the molds were lost)

Laecaon thanks for this daniel stern guy he carry's those cibie still and i already emailed him for the both low and high beam kit.pricey but i think in the long run i will be a lot happier.

• Like 2
photo-128.jpg

Got the bottom of my original door fixed with a doner door.It had one top side small hole that will all be cut out and replaced,along with seat brackets made for it.And i still want to mini tub it maybe just go with 9" wheels nothing crazy just think it will look cool.I dont know any more.But at least im still moving forward on this but i got to drive it to and enjoy it. As ugly as it is it really gets a lot of attention oh it needs a FJ20 to maybe carbed cool factor but old school.

so wait...you repaired your door with a rusty panel? what am i missing? oh wait i just re-read you caption. nevermind. looking good.

know i know what to expect at the back of my door on the bottom ... has bubblez too.......i m confused too looks like u welded on a rusty door bottom....stop wih the fj talk......i was in my doors this week... willing to bet u found the same widow felt in the bottom of the door .. when i was reaching in there i got all whigged out i was grabbing a rat carcas... hans informed me thats my old window felt ....prolly why they all rust out down there the hole bottom if the door was full ...sidenote wanna sound deaden my doors .. but the access is too small for me to get my arm in so looks like im gonna have to barter with hans to do my doors cause his are wicked quiet after he did his

Laecaon thanks for this daniel stern guy he carry's those cibie still and i already emailed him for the both low and high beam kit.pricey but i think in the long run i will be a lot happier.

YOU MAKE ME PROUD. Relay the headlights with high wattage bulbs and upgrade your alternator. You will not be disappointed. Remind me to pull out my Cibies and NOS buckets to show you what I did to mount mine.

YOU MAKE ME PROUD. Relay the headlights with high wattage bulbs and upgrade your alternator. You will not be disappointed. Remind me to pull out my Cibies and NOS buckets to show you what I did to mount mine.
why dont you just send them to me.thank you

I got the alternator already and i got 3 i think of my 4 headlights are the original ones or at least 2 of them but just want something better.

Wait, you found Cibie CSR's? If so, good job.

Did you check out his website he sells them,and he replied back with a long message of recommendations and so forth.Its about 450.00 give or take with shipping with the highs and lows and all bulbs and relay kit he sells.So i think its reasonable i know this stuff gets costly but i know it will be worth it in the long run with better lights and looks.Lord know's my truck needs it.

Damn that headlight setup cost a fortune. But I completely understand.

Looky looky at what I did tonight:

The look will grow on me. Its kinda interesting to me...

IMG_0120.JPG

The light is not this blue. Cameras white balance was off. The light is pretty much pure white. I also think I need to raise the cutoff a degree or 2...

IMG_0113.JPG

Over exposed, but shows the cutoff well.

IMG_0110.JPG

I am in love, driving at night is already so much better, and already passed 2 cops so that checks out.

Damn that headlight setup cost a fortune. But I completely understand.

Looky looky at what I did tonight:

The look will grow on me. Its kinda interesting to me...

IMG_0120.JPG

The light is not this blue. Cameras white balance was off. The light is pretty much pure white. I also think I need to raise the cutoff a degree or 2...

IMG_0113.JPG

Over exposed, but shows the cutoff well.

IMG_0110.JPG

I am in love, driving at night is already so much better, and already passed 2 cops so that checks out.

Good job i guess i will put my order in for my lights.Yours look good.