guess my number... please help...

Alright quick question what can i expect to pay from a jy for a set of 1983 280 zx struts with all the brakes ? i got a small wrecking yard that has two but am feeling a little gouged on the price...any one who guess the price i am possibly gonna pay will get a sixer shipped to there house

so i want value of what there worth and a guess at what this poedunk jy is trying to get me for....mind u these are just being used for a coil over swap...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are on a rusted out purple turbo ,,then yes ,,the yard is gouging you.. but they say you`ve got to pay to play right.?

If it`s the same yard ...you notice theshort 5speed trans still in 4x4 is still there also..

Try to find a '81-'84 Maxima sedan or goon and get them. They are within a hair of being the same thing. The Maxima is built on the 280zx chassis and shares a lot of components. Huge calipers and the rotors are vented like the zx but are a mm or two smaller diameter so that it not be in direct competition with the zx.

Years ago in the '60s a buddy got a big ass Cadillac and needed a new U joint.... $30 which was almost a half paychek then. The Olds U joint was the same number and $11. This yard is fucking you just because "It's a Z car!!!!"

Mine are now on my 710. They sat in the wrecking yard for 4-5 years and just before the crusher got it I snagged them... for free. :P Hell I didn't have a car for them for about two years, just didn't want them to go to waste.

Got some close guess here only one higher but he is closest so far .... Banana that yard is off my radar after that bs but this is kinda same deal, small yard took 5 hours to call me back with a price.... He could only tell me the calipers were twenty bux each..... And I thougt it would end well when it started that way too....after he called me back and let me know the totally itemiZed list I was shocked but he did offer to pull them for free..

... Quik pm me the details would rather see my money go towards another Datsun then a 8 ball or some blow...At the junkyard .....

Thanks ka datzen mike I will look into that too....those are kinda rare birds too

Ding ding winner ..... I was like 350 yeah like it the rotors and calipers are new and it's got a fresh cartridge.....well shit looks like I'm sending three beers south and three souther.....

Comic okc is irrelevant I'm still pissed that jack ass clay Bennett stole my nba team and a perrenial Allsta4 in kd.....but if u have some to send for fifty that will gO a long way in the forgiveness catagory

Wrecking yards get ridiculous about old parts anymore. I still have a few hookups, they wants $80 a piece for 280zx struts in pns a while back. I waited until someone else had them, but I can still go through another route. The problem is they want to ding you for the rotor, spring, caliper, anything that's attached. You obviously need the hub, but separating the rotor from the hub in the wrecking yard is a giant pain.

What I've done before is gotten the strut, keep the receipt, duplicate the paint mark, and take them back your stock 510 strut a few days later saying, "it wouldn't fit my car!" :) Fuck them for trying to screw us! Especially when you have to buy a new caliper and rotor and spring and strut cartridge because IT'S OLD SHIT! ;)

I payed $100.00 for a set, then 2 weeks later I found a 83 280zx parts car, payed $40.00 for the 280zx, pulled the struts, wheels and a few other parts, then sold the zx to a neighbor down the street for $85.00. I would only pay 40$ to 80$ for a set. Just like what Matt says, you got replace old parts for new.