Projekt.....1972 wagon

jrock4224

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a house in a rural area with a little land.

Glad to see some Datto work getting done JR. I think most people seem to have issues with any of those components in that area hitting side draft air cleaners. RHD gets it easy that way...

hahahahaha its in farm country.... just a rural acre parcel... i wish i had a pic of when he bought it ... he dragged me out there and i said what the fuck is this ...it was a shop and a house from 77..untouched and delaptitated....ihelped along the way but his place has come 10000000 miles from where it started....as has my little 50's rambler in town...both our places were super old school ... since then we have remodeled everything but my kitchen.....we both bought for the shops...there about the same size just mines attacted and stick frame construction while his is pole and metal....i will say mines insulateed and has a attic so it stays oth cool and warm with out much effort....his has a wood burning stive inthe corner and a couple propane heads i got a pic of my shop/ garage i will post it ...we spent alot of time building both through benchs and shelving.....need a lift at datsun ville.....but not a an of two posters and its really what would work best...tryng to get phixius to turn out his garage so he can get some work done.... i wanna paint his car at his place....

well its gone... i will miss her.... got married in her.... did countless burnouts ...had a great time .....but all 41 k miles of her is down the road...i hope she enjoys her new home in portland at the hands fo a 16 kid ..... dont forget to thank your dad... cause i did....

a45f1f14.jpg

my wife was sadder than i was.....did score a 05 crf450 r in the deal...

gonna build another one of these....this is hans 07 450 r motard conversions for the street....mines white...fer now...all stock 05 low hours ...

FAAD8AD9-9C23-422A-BDBC-4B42ACE1BF8F-950-000000B851DCE959.jpg

and even some left over spending money for some goonage...

i low balled the trade value and him and his son had to have the truck....this is the first thing i sold where there was no haggling or himming and hawwing....i said i will give u amount this in trade value.. .he shyed away saying they had to go to dinner and would call me later to just cash me out at my price...he called and said the bike does him no good just sitting there like it has...so he took my low ball trade offer and paid full pop for the truck.....to be honest at the price i sold it it was a steal...i had tried to get what it was wroth ...fair market...even had a deal for it to go to sacramento...but in the end this guy called ///showed up next day and we dealed it out....have most all the motard parts .. just need the expensive wheels and tires...oh and a over sized stator...this wil be a spring project ... the goon will ride by then ....it has too... hans is switching to days instead of nights and it will be harder to do the early am stuff for him....

well its gone... i will miss her.... got married in her.... did countless burnouts ...had a great time .....but all 41 k miles of her is down the road...i hope she enjoys her new home in portland at the hands fo a 16 kid ..... dont forget to thank your dad... cause i did....

a45f1f14.jpg

my wife was sadder than i was.....did score a 05 crf450 r in the deal...

gonna build another one of these....this is hans 07 450 r motard conversions for the street....mines white...fer now...all stock 05 low hours ...

FAAD8AD9-9C23-422A-BDBC-4B42ACE1BF8F-950-000000B851DCE959.jpg

and even some left over spending money for some goonage...

This bike is sick! Frame looks good gold.

radio......this is how it went ...the guy wanted my truck...he had a stock crf 450 r low hours that i had listed as possibl part trade interest ...he came drove the truck ...liked it for his son... he told me what he thought the bike was worth..... i said i can do this ,,,this amount for he truck and this amount against trade for bike...he left and came back after dinner and accepted my low ball offer for his 450 r ....i gave him 2 k toward purchase......now i will build another bike like pic above.....that black bike is hans bike, guy with blue two door and red 521....tore it down and powdercoated everything then i suggested motard.....4 weeks later motard parts showed up.....now one of fthe only honda crf 450r motards that is street legal in washington....mine will be a little different as far as colors but pretty much the same look....fun little torquey street monster....

thanks drews dime... its a cool bike i hope mine turns out half as nice

hmmm stocking up..what am i trying to do now...

5BBDD355-BF84-4125-933F-2001140EFB93-147-00000004B05B42C2.jpg

and my metal shop hee at the shop where i fabricate things but mainly fix carts and make hooks for the shop.... the iron worker is the best tool i own...

6084C82D-4323-4764-B8BB-A3E9BAACB839-147-000000054057BF48.jpg

325F371A-DDDB-4CD8-A646-F1A45E45D814-147-000000054DC2FFDF.jpg

cant find the home shop pics i took i will have to recreate those....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well off jackstands but not exactly what i had in mind when i said that...lol

5CD9003E-2E6E-4BD6-BF7D-46340831235D-795-00000143E233AF74.jpg

pulled all components off doors to be able to sand blast everything but outside skin of doors....putting new seals in and dont wanna have tor uin those at some point to go back and jamb the doors so jambing the doors now so its a one time investment on seals...

0E222D6C-E5E5-44C1-A97B-3F5829BDD0FD-795-00000143DB029206.jpg

7D023BC5-056E-41F6-BF7F-E1F65785C3C3-795-00000143DDFD751B.jpg

blew up the power steering in the tahoe and had to drive the ole mazda dashless to work a couple days....grrr to many vehicles to many needs..glad i hadnt need to defrost yet..

ECAB84A7-7D70-4FE1-9E51-81A3E6146035-795-00000143EABEB4B4.jpg

blew up the power steering in the tahoe and had to drive the ole mazda dashless to work a couple days....grrr to many vehicles to many needs..glad i hadnt need to defrost yet..

This is how I feel. It's hard deciding which project to work on when you have your free moments. Decisions, decisions.... But at least there's forward movement on the goon :w00t:

yeah needed the space for han's 521 to recieve some work.... so we dollied up the goon.....we put all the dash inner structure and venting into the goon .....had to drill out a bunch of the broken bolts and tap them all.... was a total pain in the ass....drilled out as many other various broken 10mm off too till we ran out of appropriate drill bits for the job...wtf datsun ..broken bolts are a staple in a datsun rebuild...tore out all the e brake brackety ... modeled up some front brackets to make for the suspension...got the steel all sheered up this morning at work.... gonna punch the holes and start welding ....

layed some of the harness in this car....enough to realize we need to finish a few other things before we get this thing all running and shit....still gotta bang out some paint work on this car too......need to paint the spoiler black..... and the rear window frames and the gas door that i purposely didn't paint then ran the shit out of it .......he kept hollaring at me to not forget the gas door while i was painting ...so i went over there and just hosed it down till paint was running off it ....having to sand it off was worth it from the look on his face while i was dong it...( i already knew i had more parts to paint anyway, so i had a little fun...at both of our expenses..besides there was still a dent in the edge that needed to be fixed but i was told not to worry abou tit and just paint it....not really my syle to paint dents..)

C5E822DC-8E8C-4B9A-B923-BC9F2B123F48-795-00000143E7B91C00.jpg

maybe u guys remember it .... we have been trying to catch the goon up to this level the 2dr is at so we can finish them at the same time... but i have been unsuccessful in staying on task on my end...spent last weekend tearing a crf 450r down so we can motard another one....

----really trying to concentrate now on getting a roller by thanksgiving .. that way i can button up the floor and get the seat brackets the rest of the way in and bed line both sides of the floor....being toying with the idea of just going ahead with the icehouse/philcas exhaust tunnel.....i already got to raise the tunnel weld on the floor for the rest of the seat bracketery...i just hate cutting up the floor when there's no rust...got the heater box with me at work gonna tear down and powder coat it all ..... damn it i wish there was a replacement one available... may just have to figure out a pressure test and try and make sure its a non leaker before going back in.... plan n rebuilding the valve as per the 620 heater valve threads.... my outter dash the plastic part needs some real work ... i see i need a glove box door and the refurb on the gauge cluster is dire.....oh well i don't really need that shit yet ..... but i will tinker with those parts as i can at work... i need a axle and a drive line in the car so the floor can be finished.

there was more work done to the goon then the pics showed but i kinda figured i would explain that as i go....once i finish blastin the doors i will take those to he shop at my house to paint them and get them ready to reassemble and get on the car...the front fenders and hood will be a chore too, deciding on what to do ...i think i will just rock the patina there kinda rough from being off the car and man handled all there lifes between us and when po had the car....thought about a rusty hood cause its real wierd but now that honderps do that ... its off the table...

fuck i just realized i need a windshield .....grr one more thing....plan to post more updates now that its winter and it rains to much to fly ....lol

This is how I feel. It's hard deciding which project to work on when you have your free moments. Decisions, decisions.... But at least there's forward movement on the goon :w00t:

its even harder when u got all this different shit too not just say fuck it and watch the nascar race when u could be out there putting a mazda back together and making it a safe driver again..i never should have started the crf 450 project right now.... but it went from a full bike on a stand ...to a motor on the counter in about a 1.5hours...the rest of the unneeded dirt bike parts ended up on ebay...i got the frame and everything here at work for powder..the parts i am selling almost cover the wheel and tire package....so i'm off to give blood and the navy to recoup whats left...

.my gm tech buddy owed me for some powdercoating on his blazer and 68 camaro so he offered to buy the parts and do the work for free on the tahoe... so at least i aint gotta worry about that one .... it lost the power steering two and a half weeks ago and i been driving it sparingly .....but its kinda a nice arm work out....(no its not...)

Haha, I hear ya. I just spent all weekend sanding and painting two fenders, headlight rings and a cowling...... all while still doing my wifey duties :angel: Too many toys though, it's hard to choose which one REALLY needs the work vs what's more fun to do. We've all been there..... to at least some extent.