Projekt.....1972 wagon

jrock4224

to the number I called earlier?

no thats shop number .... i got a ol school customer who is cellphone new... he has texted my shop number about a 100 times... its wierd to get a automated speak texter on my work phone .... i numbered and answered your questions .... prefer questions answered i nforum topic insteadof pm s since others maywonder same things....

ps no beaner ... very causcasian with heavy in-bred minitrucker vibe with datto blood pumping through my veins.... i kissed my goon this weekend

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jen we mostly fly micro foamies right now ... eflight s back and beasts ... i got a video of us and hans original 521 and the cover we were flying under let me post it....the big planes and helis only get flight time at approved wide open areas.....its easier to get your broken shit out of a field than a forest...

when we were flying over water .... i alsmot died drowning swimming for my plane.. not in this vid though

th_435d0ddf.jpg

one of these two vids he drills my i phone .... the dick.....yes tristin this is what can keep me from getting the goon done. these planes are abot 160 and a fucking hoot.....crash glue fly...eventually they get to much glue and its 45 bux for new fusealgae and boom new plane....the long pauses when we are gone is glue sessions... u can fast foward till we reapear

th_IMG_1519.jpg

857EFD7B-FC9D-4757-8C6A-884E35AD4275-129-0000000CBCCAC949.jpg

F0D9685E-75FD-4455-A559-FE448663FFDD-129-0000000CC464D495.jpg

Never seen that installed without carpet ,, i'm assuming it`s the same one as Vintagerice mentioned,, that really does fit uber well..looks to almost conform to floor. AND it doesn`t block the heater outlet .. :thumbup: :thumbup:

grrrrr i hate photbucket and then they put a new one out and i cant even move multiple pcs to other folders.....was the new site designed my a idiot....0a4e5dbc.jpg

52 inch wingspan yak also fly 46 inch extra 300s... all electric and lipo and brushless......just started racing offroad again ... thursday night battles .. i wish u guys lived closer cause i know i could get more dattoers out there racing with me

banana.... gravity is the only thing holding it down.......the front and back will need a little finesse work with trimming to get it to fit down on the hump more to my liking ....but a civic has a much narrower tunnel.... so if i just trim down where the factory countour are on the very front and very back it will sit on the hump way better... and we all know sitting on the hump is way more better than not...when u see it mounted it will be black and over carpet...i think sometime in 2021 u can expect that feet...lol....

The redeye IRS setup looks like it may be an elegant solution. I've been watching that thread closely too. I'm sure you guys don't worry about a/c much up there. It was 103 yesterday and may actually exceed that today, so a/c is sort high on my Datto wish list.

What are your wiring plans? With this car basically gutted, are you going to rewire with a modern kit? Will wires and brake lines get tucked out of sight?

The underhood turned out super on your wagon.

grrrrr i hate photbucket and then they put a new one out and i cant even move multiple pcs to other folders.....was the new site designed my a idiot....0a4e5dbc.jpg

52 inch wingspan yak also fly 46 inch extra 300s... all electric and lipo and brushless......just started racing offroad again ... thursday night battles .. i wish u guys ived coser cause i know i could more dattoers out there racing with me

What`s worse is if you delete a few pictures for some reason the url changes somehow and the later ones then shift into the wrong order in your thread...

I would have positive rep-ed your comment above ,, but i'm afraid if i do i will be put on the government no fly list..

Damn, those things are little! I'm use to seeing the bigger ones. I think Brody's old plane is still down at his parents' in CA. He use to fly quite a bit down there in his grandfather's cattle ranch pastures. That's another reason that the plane hasn't made the journey up here, as we really don't have areas of space. Maybe I'll have to look into one of these for him to take out to a lake nearby and fly. I think he misses it a lot, but really we hardly seem to have time to do much else than work on cars these days. :hmm:

stock harness tucked away cleanly ... not a full wire tuck but just a clean harness...got my wildwood valve the other day so it will be routed similarly to stock just clean .....hiding everything looks to clean i like a little visual....thanks for the compliment onthe bay....as for a/c i would like my driver goon to have it but like i said i think making the a/c compressor off the ka will allow me to use some vintage air pieces so i can have a good working a/c ...but if it stays the l series it will get 4 60 a/c for now..the ka would be a swap for when hans does his black top sr so we could do that at the same time too...

What`s worse is if you delete a few pictures for some reason the url changes somehow and the later ones then shift into the wrong order in your thread...

I would have positive rep-ed your comment above ,, but i'm afraid if i do i will be put on the government no fly list..

i have some pics in folders i dont want them in and ifi move them the hyper link dies......which is stupid why cant it be incorped into new hyper link.....holy shit I had no idea that would happen if i deleted any... looks like pb has me stuck .. i would change but i got so many pics in so may places i would hate to ruin my interwebs rep...

jen yeah those little micros are a hoot.....we got some delta wing ones ths weekend and flew them ... there twice as fast as the one pictured....and shaped like a pizza slice.... gonna build some one off ducted fans at some point....most of our flying is 3d or trick flying...as for flying over water... as cool as it was i would definately reccomend a canoe or something....no one wants to die for there hobby

part of the reason i got a goon was so i could transport my planes wt wings on .... in the back of the 521 would be suprised .....the turbulence try's to make them fly with out being on....lol...no bueno when plane flys out of truck at highway speed ....cars make them explode on impact...tehn all u got is electronics

Hans 510 is very nice. How built up is that L18? With the ITBs that might make a really nice driver in your wagon;) If he is going SR20.

If you do KA, will you do SOHC or a DE? It sounds like you have a lot of this stuff lying around, but the same barrier a lot of us have ... money;) How hard is it to put the KA in there, would you have to change the crossmember? I looked at a thread on here about a year ago for a 69 510 that had a KA swap and hidden Vintage Air unit behind the dash. I tried contacting that guy recently to see if the new owner would sell it, but no luck.

i have a low mile dohc sitting here with everything minus the fly wheel and clutch... oh i need a 5 sp too ... its a automatic now...cross member has to be flipped like most swaps...yes i got too many projects... aside from the goon i got a drag boat to finish... a tahoe to bag and a impala to reinvest my time in...its been in mothballs since i was 20ish...

jen yeah those little micros are a hoot.....we got some delta wing ones ths weekend and flew them ... there twice as fast as the one pictured....and shaped like a pizza slice.... gonna build some one off ducted fans at some point....most of our flying is 3d or trick flying...as for flying over water... as cool as it was i would definately reccomend a canoe or something....no one wants to die for there hobby

part of the reason i got a goon was so i could transport my planes wt wings on .... in the back of the 521 would be suprised .....the turbulence try's to make them fly with out being on....lol...no bueno when plane flys out of truck at highway speed ....cars make them explode on impact...tehn all u got is electronics

I'll be sure to buy him a life jacket to go with it if I get him a float plane :rofl:

Yeah, just make sure not to put any little shithead dogs in the goon with the plane. We made that mistake once with Brody's old 3D Magic and our Pug in our old Impreza Outback Sport goon..... Fat little fucker nearly crushed the plane when he hopped into the cargo area barking at something passing by the car. :sneaky:

we chase the fuck out of the boxer in the pic ... jake ....nothing like flying a foot off the ground trying to out run a dog....side note ...borrowed hans plane for one flight .... some how i tried to fly under his dog and the plane got mutilated in his legs .....it was a biplane that turned into a no plane

ol 320 no ac pump for bags in this car thats my 521 .... i will run a traditional electric compressor and a very small tank behind the full tank...this will not be like y minitrucks dragging and hitting switches .. this is for the lows.... unless i am hauling ass grass or cash i wont be adding any air pressure to desired height,,if the goon gets a a/c pump it will be for a/c but i showed tristin my factory ac unit ... its pretty hammed...broke in half and its broke in the wrong place.. i was gonna mod it so there was no ductiing in drivers side foot well... ca it just passed the control ... but i now realize that its broke on the wrong side

Haha, nothing like wrecking someone else's plane! Brody's dad destroyed Brody's while trying to learn to fly it.

And Brody use to round up the Pug when he'd wander too far on the ranch while he was out flying. Just do a low fly-by and catch the Pug's attention and get him chasing the plane back towards us.

We'll have to come down some weekend day and get him flying with you guys. I'm sure he'd enjoy it.

yeah hans went up o his house to do something and came back o a junk pile...for once he was kinda mad.... but its pay back for all the laugh tracks he has had at my expense....i had already crashed mine and was headed in for a glue sesh...

awwww shit thats good..downshift...

.. just got told the red 521 just got a new set of su's from portland... square tops like the ones on the goon .... hope there the good square tops....they came from portland, anybody know a back story on the, too rich for my blood s/u's off portlands craiglist...

hit up datsunville this am......pics loading.....no goon progress...... red 521...got a set of flat top su's......was a little bit of a chore.....first unregulated electronic fuel pump ......hans put it in friday and was pushing way to much pressure ... got a regulator sat after noon....( crappy mr. gasket one....only one they had i am well versed inthese sprinkles of a regulator....better one on order ..hopefully this one wont try to burn it down like i did my mazda..)...prevous owner musta never made these work ... plumbing was all wrong...linkage was all wrong ....added some oil......purs like a kitten....shockked the fuck out of my self during timing.... made final adjustment ...locked it down....brazenly grabbed my sasquatch hand over whole cap and shocked the fuck out of myself.....didnt wet my pants ...big plus......fucking thing runs perfect now.......hans has to button up some filter pieces....didint road test it ... he had to go to sleep .. he works nights....still on stands for gear oil swap and a few other things underneath to get buttoned up....

couple decisions discussed

sr swap for blue car been put on hold...fer a while.....gonna make it work in current format....using the r 1 carbs....kinda research for another member to get there car dialed that way too....(shhhh...) but sr money has now been mentioned as a potetial goon....big hans is gonna beat me to one of each model....we will see .... now that i talked him into prolonging a swap ....thoughts of being in the goon squad now creep in......i know one he's eyeing is a pretty cool little car...fer a stocker...

goon......siiiggghhhhhh the goon.....well, decided its time to sell it.... just kidding... but if i said i was decided i was gonna get back at it, u guys would just call me out for crying wolf....but i did get a chance to cnc plasma all my tabs and a few custom brackets this week so my excuses are about out.....been mocking up a couple sets of disc brackets fro the 521ers, myself and phixius....franks are done and need mocking up/test fit, mine are in raw form....nothing special just copying a proven design...missed out on another event but at least accomplished some things......

couldnt do any rc flying ...half my plane is stuck in a tree at the school down the road....showing off for the daughter and tested depth perception.....stuffed it nthe top of a maple.....climbing trees later today.... hope gravity doesnt make me its bitch...

gerrrrrr photobucket why u so retarded today......errr everyday