Projekt.....1972 wagon

jrock4224

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chronological pics in order from oldest to newest...

586e606f.jpg

5011476d.jpg

a3f75283.jpg

2cab038a.jpg

81b800cc.jpg

yes both mtor and tranny are back out...gettin good only took like 20 minutes...

forgot the right oil pan....and have 5 sp questions...

5f90df18.jpg

• Like 1

so the 5 sp questions....

history.... bought from a friend of skibs in portland...cant remember his name...

57497f5b.jpg

a4c5f824.jpg

it was supposedly a truck tranny that resided in a wagon....

its 31.5 inches which leads me to believe it is....but the shifter sits back like 2 inches behind the factory whole....is this common with this tranny...we blasted and painted it and cant find any identifying markings other than...x 10 on tail shaft...

the tranny mount is also requiring a couple spacers and a mount made that bolts up farther back...my delema should i run this tranny or hold out for a dog leg?...i also heard a rumor that a coupe driveshaft will work with this truck tranny no mods in a wagon, true?..is everything i am running into pretty S O P....for a truck tranny in a goon...???

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

blew apart my calipers and powder coated them....yes difficult but mostly time consuming ....did them to match the struts...

1a8fad51.jpg

c7a59443.jpg

took a break flew some float planes ....hans swam to get his mine i watied out on shore

dd7c0d60.jpg

well lthe rear doors fell off.... was moving forward but i guess i should jamb the doors before i put money in seals....cut out the factory seats being 6-8" most seats need to be moved back....yes i drive a 521....so out comes the seat mounts ..integra seats mounted ... side view pic drivers side seat full back and passenger seat fully forward( basically full back in stock location)

731ec189.jpg

b3d83e3d.jpg

54f0461a.jpg

a pic of my wheels from the stock set up i powdercoated them off white and snapped the caps back on .... i like it... but i would like to make up my mind on other wheels too...

37488f5e.jpg

• Like 1

in the last pic u can see hans 300 float plane on the back of his 510 imagining swimming 300yards trying to carry that above water....it wsnt pretty.... my 300 has been land locked waiting on floats but its on now...

• 2 weeks later...

in the last pic u can see hans 300 float plane on the back of his 510 imagining swimming 300yards trying to carry that above water....it wsnt pretty.... my 300 has been land locked waiting on floats but its on now...

i almost drowned monday morning at 630 am swmming for my own plane... thats what i get for making fun

So you think your going to make it to Blue lake with the wagon or is that just a hopeful type thing??

Why is the paint color different under where the rear side marker goes.??

yes david blaine, it will be and the coupe too...maybe a 521 or two ...., by the way pm me your cell....i need a direct line since your so flakey and dissapear at a moments notice...so much for tryin to buy u a beer and lunch..and i need a couple batts for my box van ... hook it up i will shake u down some...

the paint...

my boy earl got ahold it at some point...i think it was sideswiped... there's no pillar damage or replacemnt residue nor is the front apron hit but both doors and front fender(thats garbage and i need one..passenger side..) were butter nut baby yellow...i think it was easier to paint the whole car... but typical earl schieb shit .. something close in color and even though its easier and faster to take things like trim and lights out they mask them off...and slopply mask off shit....i sand blasted the windshield framepillars and whole front end forward and started fresh .....i will reapint the body at somepoint but i want a running 510 ... and YES the mother fucker will be at blue lake if i have to trailer , drag or ups the fucker there....... the doors all came off cause i need seals and i figured , shit im not glueing 500 bucks to tear it back off and replace it when i paint it ...but i have come to the realization i should just poainted it at first but fuck it ... im not going that far back ....u can see where i painted and how much lighter the front end is and my tijuana fade on the roof stands out like acrylic heals on a cow...but oh well .... u know me bannana always half assin shit...all shiney paint but balled ass tires...

thank u greengoon, your car is a inspiration to anyone with a wagon that hopes for it to be dope....tough shoes to fill...being your piece is the coupe de graw, cats meow, the b in bling, the 2 am special at dennys.... your car is mmmmm its like a mind fucking that cant stop and just keeps getting better....if that makes sense...which it doesn't...(edit...the green goon is ftd and i am dtf...the car...i mean..) aww i spy a new thread ....hmmm corona...im watching my friend just picked up a mint 4dr...71 i think

thank u greengoon, your car is a inspiration to anyone with a wagon that hopes for it to be dope....tough shoes to fill...being your piece is the coupe de graw, cats meow, the b in bling, the 2 am special at dennys.... your car is mmmmm its like a mind fucking that cant stop and just keeps getting better....if that makes sense...which it doesn't...(edit...the green goon is ftd and i am dtf...the car...i mean..) aww i spy a new thread ....hmmm corona...im watching my friend just picked up a mint 4dr...71 i think

Thanks! There are many more worthy cars out there (yours for instance when you get it all finished... those details :thumbup: ) I was in the right place and honored to have a video made by Josh. I think he captured my philosophy of making something cool and getting it on the road. Doesn't have to be perfect... and yes, I now have 2 wagons!

stealing green goons thunder since i cant decide on a rim package and we are close to being back on terra firma...

I may be stealing it back for a moment while I prep for a new set of wheels. Been planning for a while but the RBs are going away. I will post them up on Ratsun but the shipping on wheels and tires could be a deal killer.

I like rb's but there on the coupe too and i would kinda like a diff package ... 150 shipping isnt bad for a dope set of wheel and tires ...(any hints of whats to come ...???).. for now i am getting some sno flakes i will powder coat them, but ultimately it will run some wheels that have a little more pop to them... just not sure what yet...I liked the look of pana's on your car...but zeros wil rub a dub on my fenders...i wanna run low ... as for the detail on my car... thank u ... its far easier when u only have to take the parts to work...car still has a long way to go.... at this point and how long i have dragged my feet..(8 months... I wish i woulda stripped the shell and painted it all at once...i got carried away thinking it through...fuck it, now i wanna drive it ... glad i didn't paint it...as easily distracted as i am..... sat was my daughters 1st. dance recital.... three hours for 1.5 minutes of dancing.,...i almost fell asleep waiting....worse i bought a 35.00 dvd for that same thing at home ......grrrr the studio is a racketeering front i think,....(even though i was asked not to by the studio i still videoed it on my iphone... but my wife still had me buy the freaking video...)

as for progress...

mocked up some four link and tranny parts sat.... then found out han's neighbor is racist shovanistic piece of crap.......had to leave before I hit him...went back sunday for a few hours...didn't get shit done....I swear this weekend it has to be back on the ground capable of rolling....to quote myself in jalen's thread and call myself out... why am i worried about bolting seats in a car that doesn't even run yet...FML

eric jb .... I thank u for the hook up...let the winter wheels commence...

01635e6e.jpg

blasted them....

7f7cc2b0.jpg

better than new...

d55b3660.jpg

now i ponder , do i restore to above original glory...or go against the grain....or better do a resto inspired combo on the wheels....i got a couple ideas for one colors that would be cool....but i love the two tone factory look....

hmm any opinions....

..hmmmmmm fuck les schwab is closing i gotta see if they got tires...

I thought the gold that you used on the SSRs for minty looked good with your green (kind of a hard color to work with if you ask me).

I don't know if black undercoat with silver or gold highlights would be too much.... just floating ideas

Edit: I'm and idiot and should look up wheel specs before I start looking about tires....

Hahahaha about twenty minutes and that's only cause I spent ten of the minutes blasting the inner barrel smooth ..... They turned out amazing from where they started...... Sonfa yeah I like that gold was thinking about that gold and a transparent gold after I. C Lean and polish the lip....I got a couple of bronzes too I like tomorrow I will shoot some test panels see if I can get the look..... I didn't think inwould like the factory combo as much as I did when I saw if