Projekt.....1972 wagon

jrock4224

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would pics of the same only more dust....life has been complicated but i will try and make some headway this weekend ... might try putting all the powwdercoated dash in and get that buttoned up ...the steel fab table right now is covered in datsun what ifs...there's disc brake brackets for my 521 and phixius....a jig half done.... my fourilnk spread out ...part of a back half for my tahoe... 510 fender a 521 door and some hardbody hard front end parts...

i think this thread needs a stfu jrock and more work, less keyboard commando.....at this point maybe a irs would be quicker...anybody wanna donate one...wait wut....quicker ...its not the parts thats the problem its me...

my boots are steel toe... seems his wife has his balls hidden somewhere though...

Haha, I was going to say something about the fact that maybe it didn't work because his wife had them in her vise still, but didn't..... Around here, I can always count on someone else saying what I was thinking :rofl:

I'm interested in the thread updates on how you are going to do your rearend. Question, with the seat modifications you did to accommodate your height and the Acura seats, how far forward will the driver's seat go? Also, what are those front brakes?

Is the L20 rebuilt or just cleaned up? Is it stock internally? I had the SUs on my Volvo 122s completely worked over by a guy who really knew what he was doing. Cost some bux, but I never had to touch them again and they got terrific gas mileage and made good power. What size are these SU carbs you plan to run, and are they really SUs or some sort of Hitachi knockoffs? I know Volvos much better than I do Datsuns ... but I drove my Volvo with dual Webers and dual SUs. The Webers had awesome grunt and sounded great when you got on them, but the SUs, once redone and set up right, were absolutely trouble free, smooth through all throttle positions and made way better gas mileage. They seemed to make almost as much power at top end, too.

What gears are you going to use in the rearend? I'm not really familiar with air suspension. What will your ride quality be when this is all built out, better or worse than a stock goon in good shape? How much lower than stock do you plan to end up when this is finished? And if you are hauling stuff, will the air bags give you an increased load capacity?

Is this thing gonna hop like an overactive cockroach or a '63 Impala driving through East LA or levitate smoothly up and down? Just wondering what you think the ride quality will be when this is built out as you envision.

I am really enjoying this build thread. Like Jesus' thread on the510keeper's wagon rear suspension, I hope to learn alot by seeing what you plan to do with this.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I wish you would do a tradeout with someone in the phone business and swap some powdercoat for a decent cell with a good camera...;) Besides giving better build updates, you could take some better pics of those overpriced but fleeting dance recital moments (I laughed that one, I'm been there too).

Also, is there a thread on your friend Hans' truck build?

ole 3200 when i have some time this after noon i will respond... lots of answers

went to datsun ville in search of a radiator ......not there

put the inner structure in my dash....all powdercoated flat black

857EFD7B-FC9D-4757-8C6A-884E35AD4275-129-0000000CBCCAC949.jpg

special thanks to tristin for finding me a center console...next time u go to that junk yard i have a request...side note the front half of this center console 94-97 civic also a perfect fit for my 521.....yeah cup holders...its tan but i can handle a color change....

F0D9685E-75FD-4455-A559-FE448663FFDD-129-0000000CC464D495.jpg

much anticipated pics of hans new 521 with wheels on.....gonna swap carbs out sounds like this one is a beast......some where we are getting and eradict idle an and rev.....175 across the board on compression....forgot to take pics of the refurb job out back on the tails and the bumpers....all new powdercoating...

4C1A5517-ECCA-4C8F-9C9A-35F576F84E2C-129-0000000CD22CF225.jpg

B6C207E1-AF59-4090-AA85-B226CC1BE0A4-129-0000000CCB700019.jpg

CCF6F92E-F098-4E71-810A-44EAD4993BC5-129-0000000CC7BD9DFF.jpg

troy ermish torsion rods..powdercoated silver vein and black wrinkle... actually wanted the colors reveresed but this works .... i wanted the wrinkle for wheni tried to tighen and loosen...instead i got vein.....but once its set why should i need to change it..

D2F7F6CF-0728-4835-A99D-7DB3FD7F4273-129-0000000CDAC8504E.jpg

05E23BAD-895E-4FB0-BCE5-37FDD46369BE-129-0000000CDEDDA198.jpg

and ode to jalen.....most of u remember me posting i was going to get a corona for a friend in early summer....well its on the road finally...and with my stock 510 wheels and tires ....i tried to get him to run my caps but he wont....bunch of powder work under the hood....its a a/t car .....

C7711527-8976-4C1F-90E8-175EF5309B96-129-0000000CE66CBEDB.jpg

and if u see these two large brakets in this pic ... there supposed to be for a york a/c compressor to l 20....everything bolts up and looks like it would bolt to the motor somehwere i just have never seen this set up on a l series....i got it from jon 521 with the thought to run as my compressor for my air bags on the 521.....the large braket weighs almost as much as a open chamber head....so has anyone ever seen a york a/c pump on a l series....i forgot to grab braket for datsunville partial mock up....i was side tracked flying my rc plane....

7E788893-8969-4168-8EC9-A9D905226E0E-129-0000000CE9C067D8.jpg

an old pic i wanted to share ... tristin does work.....lol....one night insomniacs caused me to deliver his pars at 330 am....got back in town just in time for sunrise and the shop to open up....wish this pic turned out better...stupid night photog with i phone

82A876D3-17BD-4726-B4D9-DA2210D95E1F-950-000000B8B8194ADA.jpg

yeah yeah yeah..... i need the u shaped brakets that bolt to the civic fllor and the console screws too......they should be galvanized looking probably one out front one out back....i iwll text u a pic of that a/c nit in a bit ...

yes but yorks are known for being the best option....roatarys are hard to keep lubed and although a common ocnversion sfor a air cmpressor the york is stout and lubbage is never a issue ....looks like it goes on the the alt side of the motor ... i was tryng to put it on the dist side of the motor.....that was the roomier side the passenger side with my saturn alt is a little tight for space.... i will take it home onight and hold it up to the block and see how it fits....the small bracket withthe idler replaces the front nspection cover for the cam.....mighta powdercoated it a little too soon.... i am seeing some cleanup or possibly heavy grinding to clear my much bigger saturn alt....i also have a sanden rotary screw if this wont work....like i said would prefer the ork but i might have to make a whole new brakets fo rthe intake side to make i work...york is nice all the mounting is symetrical....so whats one one side is onthe other too...

FEB84474-6BAC-47B9-8288-25C80A4A4569-129-000000185D1C9A62.jpg

7DB26802-8383-4DB4-9787-29179DF2F7BE-129-00000018587A2CFF.jpg

7A9AD4A3-0B10-40D9-BF5F-1DF24765BD30-129-0000001854F2CDC3.jpg

yeah except for it woont build rpms withthis carb....he is gonna switch to a carb and intake we now ran great.....tried tuning it yesterday but i could never get rid of the dead spot..just moved it around... [pretty minimal now but he doesnt wanna try jetting it so he is gonna swap it with a non choked weber he has....i offered to rebuild it then put it back on...but he needs transoirtation its getting to cold to ride this

64E8EA43-C97A-4B00-AA39-3B72CB6D219B-950-000000B85B1627E0.jpg

he puts 60 miles a day on this ... i told him well the 521 should be about as comfort able hahahah...

under hood is pretty clean...couple welded iron pieces where the gas pedal ripped off the fire wall apparently i guess...thats what previous owner said

Mmmmm, I'm digging that center console! Might have to see about finding one for our 510 as well. I don't have enough hands to steer, shift and drink.... and my legs are too short to steer with my knee :lol:

And your guys' trucks are looking good!

i was side tracked flying my rc plane....

Sometimes I curse living pretty far from you in terms of getting shit powdercoated, but I have a feeling that if we lived closer we'd be in trouble, as Brody would be all over flying rc planes with you guys..... and we really can't afford another relatively expensive hobby!

I'm interested in the thread updates on how you are going to do your rearend. Q1uestion, with the seat modifications you did to accommodate your height and the Acura seats, how far forward will the driver's seat go? 2 Also, what are those front brakes?

3 Is the L20 rebuilt or just cleaned up? 3aIs it stock internally? I had the SUs on my Volvo 122s completely worked over by a guy who really knew what he was doing. Cost some bux, but I never had to touch them again and they got terrific gas mileage and made good power. 4What size are these SU carbs you plan to run, and are they really SUs or some sort of Hitachi knockoffs? I know Volvos much better than I do Datsuns ... but I drove my Volvo with dual Webers and dual SUs. The Webers had awesome grunt and sounded great when you got on them, but the SUs, once redone and set up right, were absolutely trouble free, smooth through all throttle positions and made way better gas mileage. They seemed to make almost as much power at top end, too.

5What gears are you going to use in the rearend? I'm not really familiar with air suspension.6 What will your ride quality be when this is all built out, better or worse than a stock goon in good shape?6a How much lower than stock do you plan to end up when this is finished?6b And if you are hauling stuff, will the air bags give you an increased load capacity?

7Is this thing gonna hop like an overactive cockroach or a '63 Impala driving through East LA or levitate smoothly up and down? Just wondering what you think the ride quality will be when this is built out as you envision.

I am really enjoying this build thread6c. Like Jesus' thread on the510keeper's wagon rear suspension, I hope to learn alot by seeing what you plan to do with this.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I wish you would do a tradeout with someone in the phone business and swap some powdercoat for a decent cell with a good camera... ;) Besides giving better build updates, you could take some better pics of those overpriced but fleeting dance recital moments (I laughed that one, I'm been there too).

8Also, is there a thread on your friend Hans' truck build?

1...the acura seats in the full forward position will be i the full back position...

2.280 zx brakes and shortened struts

3. l 20 is a polished turd.... it ran and had good compression and came out of hans 510 before it got the built l18 that will now reside in one of his 521's as he is hell bent on ordering a black top rom japan...apparently placing order today...(ahh the insanity)

3a.. yes stoclk as far as we and previous 510 owner know...

4....these are 4 bolt flat tops apparently british ... shit i dunno hainz or mike explained that there the good flat tops not the crappy emissions ones...i got them from hans when he went itbs\l18....for the fair pirce of painting his sedan...plus much other parts and storage and some things i will tack on at a later date...

5...rear end is stock i wanna say 3.90 but i may go to a lsd if i can track one down...

6..in every bagged vehisle i own the ride is alwatys better than stock....although i am strictly going for the lows....

had i had to do it over again....i would just irs and bag the rear....theres a ton of advantages to it over what i am using which is a v1.0 version of jesusno2 trailing arms.....the next goon will be irs whether its bagged or coilovered...

6a..the lower the better....no stink bug here....i do not like goons and there tendenacny to hang the rear end in the air....wagon of doom showed me the porper height ..... redeyes irs thread makes me wish i ditched the links in the rear and went irs with bags from the start...grrrr...theres still time if anyone wants to donate a rear irs

6b. bags usually increase load crrying although thats not my main purpose as the links and eds i am using probably shouldnt be abused....i wll fill the back up with rc shit to go to the track or car show shit but as for hauling sand npo...... i might pull my stand up jet skis behind it..

6c..... similar in design to his v1.0 set up....want it simple...somethings he did in v2.0 werent what i would choose to do...but after laying under my goon theres no room for shit as far as a fourlink and exhaust and bags ...later i may strut bag the front like spudly ....but thats after a track goon comes to fruitition

7.......no hops..... i am a function lover.... i want it low as possible and user friendly.... i have had no failures but one in all the bagged vehicles i built and owned and that one was a sway bar mount broke and rubbed a hole in a bag in my mazda...

8. yes but i aint got shit done on it ..... he had some other frined of ours wanna do the paint work and since the guy started the truck we have painted and assembled three datsuns...grantedthere not finished but the 521 he is working on is sealed and a few panels are in final prime..

521 ... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/31418-projekt-left-hand1971-datsun-521/

his two door sedan that now will get a black top sr i guess....wtf i guess we shoulda finished it so he didnt have so much free time to dream... ialready talked himout of it once ... now i think i have convinced him fine, sr black top, but lets l 18 it first then swap it next winter...

510. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/37848-projekt-south-paw-1971-510/

havent started a build thread on my 521 cause its just getting driven.....kinda geting the hankering to bag it though... finishing disc brakets for it and phixius truck so we can stop good