Projekt.....1972 wagon

jrock4224

apparently the sr tranny is the same as the ka just a different bell housing.....since i need a fly wheel i will probably search out a lightened one .......i think im gonna put the ka on a stand and sell of the automatic tranny and see what i got ......would like to comp test it but i was told it was a grandma car that they stripped this out for a sr swap....but then again as naner knows ,  zach schmidt is our local jalen....so its a crap shoot ....saw the odometer saying 112k and the car was clean so im hopeful ......really want a 4 dr to put this in....

hans spent some time talking to wayno at the meet about lz23?  i think ...but he's been talking about building one  now and run the su's on it and eventually do a sr in his 2 dr...i wouldnt mind one for my goon....heck i might get bored and just ka the goon the winter after it is on the road...(read hopefully soon. :rofl: ..).....been getting some stuff prepaired for the goon to make some progress....actual progress, no tristinin.... :thumbup: :rofl: ....decided to just paint the front clip too.....would like a new passenger fender as mine is a little body worked and not the good kind....

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a iphone but i broke the digitizer last week and dont feel like doing a screen swap again right now (this would be my third and is a task similar to my u  joints in  the driveline .....good couple hours of frustration and thats coming from a guy that works on rc cars weekly...)so i had a old samsung fascinate that my wife used before her galaxy 3 gs ...its got a learning curve to it and im working on figuring it out ...prolly just gonna root it and change the rom for a while ......50 bux for a screen for my i phone will go farther on my datto projects right now

At least my car has some sort of progress... the wagon just collects dust. All my work may be aesthetic, but its work. 

its like we are having a excuse race and im lapping u with excuses and procrastination storys all while u widdle away at progress knocking things off your completion list... :thumbup:

• Like 1
You should get an otterbox for your phone... would help so you dont break the one you have. Very shop friendly case. 

yeah not a big fan of bulbous covers ....the screen didn't break this time just the digitizer.....my friends have the otter box and they say the same thing to me ,.....but i like the slim cover i have just need to not drop it so it does the floor clap ....i have grown to be able to tell if its broke by the sound it make s when it hits the floor...the floor clap where it lands flat on the ground is a deadly combo

lol looks like my last iphone screen ........used the screen protector to hold the glass together....worse, the first replacement screen had no touch feature ..... i had to put the broken screen backin and actually put some glass shards back in and new screen saver for a week while they sent me a new replacement screen ....lol...anyone know a good rom for a droid,  maybe one that accepts hot dog fingers....

samsung galaxy s2 otherwise known as fascinate...i been reading up on cyanogen......looks to be best option .....my friend is running jb and i like it ....

Yeah the Cyanogen has been coming out for like every version of android. People seem to really like it. 

give me a rotary phone,I will be good to go..

The the new shit is just that...

Oh looky the new(enter,hipster) new toy...

Like 1 in 6 use some form of smartphone. I wouldnt call that "hipster." I would just call the "with the times."

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Like 1 in 6 use some form of smartphone. I wouldnt call that "hipster." I would just call the "with the times."

I own datsun'...behind "the" times..wait Jay Leno mentioned them..

Must be with the times...oh no...Mr Bill

Its nice all my build threads have turned into a meeting spot to talk shit ....nevemind progress..

...fyi tristin that su carb cleaner wont work on a 510 with street bike carbs....well it will it just wont fit under the hood....not with out a very complex and custom manifold...the biggest issue is the mounting of the carbs to keep the bowl level putts the intake of the carbs at like a 30 degree angle....but hans said he would pick it up from u......if u changed your mind on using it...not that it would ever get down here but he would take it next time im up there

gliders are ghey and that tool deserved that never launch a shit pile into the wind....

348038d7.jpg

this manifold could be shortened up to gain the room for the air cleaner but it would also have to dip way down and back up first too.....but u can see the carbs are tipped up to try and keep the bowls level...

85154925.jpg

pretty sure hans 510 is gonna use the velocity stacks with screens ...(lol that will be quiet...) but his truck has su's and it needs a stock su air cleaner...

fyi v2.0,  trisitn i can assume your phone is having "issues " too since i never heard back when i texted u about if you were coming down or not ... but i can assume now no  u aren't

Its nice all my build threads have turned into a meeting spot to talk shit ....nevemind progress..

We only talk shit because we love you, we love your projects, theyre just slower than wed like. When you have updates theyre awesome! And its more like talking shit with you and not at you. Were not trying to crush your spirit, just motivate you into providing great content. We all think your truck and wagon are legit and we want more.

...fyi tristin that su carb cleaner wont work on a 510 with street bike carbs....well it will it just wont fit under the hood....not with out a very complex and custom manifold...the biggest issue is the mounting of the carbs to keep the bowl level putts the intake of the carbs at like a 30 degree angle....but hans said he would pick it up from u......if u changed your mind on using it...not that it would ever get down here but he would take it next time im up there

Its been discussed about angles in the R1 thread. The bowls are pressurized so there should be no need to have them at a specific angle. Look at how far youre leaning over when youre taking curves... and look how often race bikes are almost laid down when theyre turning. Also, stunt bikes are in crazy positions all the time. If there was some sort of fuel delivery because of that, I dont think they would run for very long.

fyi v2.0,  trisitn i can assume your phone is having "issues " too since i never heard back when i texted u about if you were coming down or not ... but i can assume now no  u aren't

Yes it was. I upgraded my phone and since I was doing it in a rush, I bricked it while applying a bunch of settings. It took me a bit to get it back up and running but Im working now. I never received your message.

samsung galaxy s2 otherwise known as fascinate...i been reading up on cyanogen......looks to be best option .....my friend is running jb and i like it ....

FWIW. I've ran cyanogenmod on all of my android phones, and even my HP Touchpad that had shitty Webos on it.  Love it.  Currently, I am not running Cyanogen on my htc one x.  (running another mod, only because I am to lazy to flash over a new boot.img since at&gay locks the boot on these)