Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A while back Datsunfreak turned me on to a 1200 2 dr. Sedan rear clip that his friend here in DFW had. I picked up the rear clip so I could repair my Sedan's rust problem. Steve had 2 510 Goons he was working on at the time I got the rear clip. A few weeks ago, Datsunfreak let me know that Steve had a 510 goon rear suspension for sale. I needed a strong rear differential for my 1200 engine swap and it was local and the right price. I drove across town to pick up the diff and found this! A South African Datsun 1200 Bakkie powered by a SR20DET. I was stunned, never seeing a 1200 UTE of any kind in person. This little truck is in the top 5 Bad Ass cars I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of Bad Ass cars! 1900 lbs., 412hp dyno at the rear wheels, which calculates to approximately 480hp at the crank = 3.9 lb. per HP. The only thing that can pass him is his own rear bumper! Absolutely beautiful truck!

IMAG0667_zps15bdbc02.jpg

IMAG0664_zps43c2d1f6.jpg

IMAG0665_zps27d56cd9.jpg

IMAG0668_zpsaaf97cdc.jpg

IMAG0661_zps12736f65.jpg

• Like 7