SWDP 5th Bar-B-Que, 3 day event thread

Steroid

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good pics Mark ! ! By the way, the primered truck in the photo along with Nevtony's (both have vintage GT Spoiler shells) was started in the 80s and, get this, the flares, airdam and door window detail were done IN ALL METAL ! ! ! The bodywork has to be seen to be believed ! ! ! When Danny gets that truck done it is going to raise the standards for trucks it competes with ! ! ! I have it in good authority that George REALLY ENJOYED riding in Greg's truck ! ! !

It says pick ups not Z's who let him in.He better go buy a truck if he wants to attend again.LOL love you John.

All I can say to that is people like me, So they let me roll in like a rock star..

John knows My feelings........... Actually, I hope somehow to reach out to other vintage trucks such as Chevy Luvs, Ford Couriers, Mazdas and Toyota SR-5s. Wouldn't it be something to have a sea of vintage trucks like in the past once again? Maybe, just maybe.

To All Who Made This Event:

Dear Mike, Tony, Mark, Al, Guy and anyone else whom I may have missed. I just wanted to say "Thank You" so much for what all of you did for my Dad at the 5th annual SWDP barbecue. You have absolutely no clue as to how important you made him feel. Everyone was so gratefull to meet him. It was a very emotional day for me to watch all this take place. I didn't even see the honorary plaque coming. That was over the top. My dad truly was treated like "Royalty". This event day is something that both He and I will never forget. Words cannot say enough, just look at the smile on his face. I will be forever gratefull for your hospitality and can't wait until next year to see everyone .

Sincerely, Kevin Koepsell

P.S. I do blame everyone though for him now wanting another 620. Guess I have some homework......

Kevin, THANK YOU ! ! ! Had not Your father built Fontana Datsun SCDP wouldn't have ever been created and then 35 years later SWDP would not have had such an impressive, historic club to carry it's traditions on from ! ! ! We all thank YOU ! ! Hopefully We will bring You years of happiness and good memories. Also, hopefully, other original SCDP members will attend and You will see faces that You have not seen in many, many years ! !

pcd: thanks for taking a pic of grimace and posting it. i wish it was already painted purple and all the body work done cuz i think it kinda looks a rush job and i didn't even primer the doors. i should have done that too. maybe next time you see it, it will be all in primer or painted purple. i am planning on taking it to SEVERED TIES show here in Dec. i took it to ART OF NOISE show this past sunday and had alot of people come up to it and checked it out and asked questions, i am hopping that it will be in mini truckin magazine soon.

Thanks Kevin and welcome to ratsun. we all are happy that you and your father could attend. it was important to us that you guys could be there. after all. we feel that you and dad helped start a great trend in datsun mini trucks. again thanks !! hope to see u and your dad next year, tony

• 4 weeks later...

To all members of the SWDP group who attended the annual BBQ on the weekend of Aug. 25, 2012.

Making me an honorary member of your group was a great was a great honor. Your kindness and friendship will not be forgotten, especially the cruise to my old Fontana Datsun dealership where this all started. I look forward to making future events as often as possible. A few of you may know as of this date my son Kevin and his wife Diana have aquired a 1978 Datsun King Cab that I can enjoy with your group on future events. This is an all original (including paint) second owner truck.

Many thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome.

Sincerely,

George Koepsell

FD I 1

106_2018_zpsf4697e1c.jpg

106_2005_zpsd92200c2.jpg

106_2000_zps755fc7f2.jpg

106_1997_zpsc8c9d060.jpg

106_1996_zps27672f70.jpg

106_1995_zps64d68fd8.jpg

106_1994_zpsc5e7a89d.jpg

• Like 1

Hi George,

Great to meet you, thanks for making the special trip to our BBq :)

Congrats on your truck there.....whew that's a real sweet cherry, boss!

--Ray