Steroid in MiniTuckin'!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That rocks. I called him today to congradulate him & he told me he kinda knew this was in the works but kept it from us...:cool: This is so HUGE & important for Mike in many ways. Those who have met him understand his passion for Datsun trucks & this interview/article is what he's wanted for along time. Ill be going to buy MT tomorrow...:D

Hey Guys... THANKS!!!!!! I was asked a couple of months ago by Ernie to answer some questions, actually a bunch (as You can see) of questions. I had no idea at that time what for. I knew that it would take a day at least to compose the answers. That being done I was next asked to scan some of My old photos. A week or so went by and My new issue arrived with the article on Bob Hase. I thought that this might be what they were going to do, but I had no clarification, just assumptions on this article. Until Chubs called Me on Saturday with the news, it was still a possibility, not fact. I have to say that I am truly honored and blown away. I just read it a few minutes ago. Bleach will notice refrence to Him, Dave Bednarczyk and Marty Smith. Also refrence to SWDP and what We are doing. He basically wanted history and such. It is a very cool article which will always mean a lot personally. This might be finally the tip of the iceberg on vintage interest. More and more guys are starting to build 620s and attend functions. 30+ years later it is remarkable to go back to My roots. Thanks to all You guys that I've met and not yet met. This has been the ride of a lifetime!

Congrats Mike, all the hard work and dedication to the love of the 620 paid off. You are going to get magazine coverage when ever you go to a covered show. Which is good for all of us crazy old schoolers who have been around for awhile. Again Kudos...

Congrats Mike, all the hard work and dedication to the love of the 620 paid off. You are going to get magazine coverage when ever you go to a covered show. Which is good for all of us crazy old schoolers who have been around for awhile. Again Kudos...

I consider myself a "crazy old schooler" :D

Thanks again, guys. I've said this before, but I'll repeat it............ I owe My thanks to guys like Joe Mollis, Joe Sarracino and My "forefathers" of mini trucking. They had already perfected the look that I just had to have. Basically, that look has always been in My heart. A few low $$$ purchases and I was off and running to My roots. But those guys are the ones that really started all of this. Runs were already having attendance in the hundreds when I got into 620s. I was one of many...... but one that I guess kept with it, or should I say, drifted back into it. I still look at those pictures and even if those trucks weren't mine, I still get a rush when I see them. Those were very good days. I truly wish that there was a time machine that I could take You guys back for a day to an event back then. It was incredable. Most people though just "grew out of it" and never looked back. Yes, they broke the mold and I am one of a kind to still persue 620 history. Buy it is My pleasure to share those days with all of You. Datsuns ruled then and still look killer today. So You guys keep building and saving them. 40 years is just around the corner......maybe this exposure will really open up this thing that Makoto calls "620 MANIACS" ! ! ! ! !

That is so cool:D! It's good to see Mike getting the recognition he deserves:) He's been customizing these trucks since the 70's and still doing so! I've had a chance to see some of mikes back in the day pictures and all i can say is "Amazing:)"! And guy's just as mike says "keep Everything" it will pay off:D!

Congratulations again mike:) And keep up the great work!