The BMX bikes of Ratsun

I've also been considering chopping it up and doing something radical with it. Just not really sure yet what that might be.....might just start cutting with no plans....kind of like Indy....just with a bike

been thinking about doing front and rear suspension on it....that would be pretty fun

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skaters kick us out of their skate parks,

We kick you out if our thread.

Haha i've been through so much drama at skateparks. It is always funny to me when some half drunk juvenile delinquent hoodrat tries to tell me to "get the fuck out of our park". I always calmly explain that i have been working for a living since before they were born, therefore my taxes paid for a much larger percent of the park than their welfare baby asses have ever made, and that i have more of a right to be there than they do. Then i keep riding.

generally, if there is a sign stating that bikes aren't allowed, i will stick to the early morning sesh, but if bikes are allowed and some kids try to shoo me away... nah dude, i'm not going anywhere.

• 4 months later...

No free-coaster... 30/11 gearing. A friend gave me the rear hoop and hub, I bought spokes and built it up.

My first rim build. The cruiser was my step down from Mt. Bikes in 98.

I like the new style of bikes, thanks for the compliment....its a fun bike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok had to post up my Hawk hardtail RAREST-, I used to race a little ,my friend welded like 10 of these gems ,mine had a small ding in top tube so I bought it 1996.Have a full suspension KHS also so selling this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121139991725?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

How about a thread to show off your BMX bike? biggrin.gif

I have recently re-found an interest in BMX bikes, so i bought this older Diamondback. I am kind of trying to build the bike i didnt get to have when i was a kid. biggrin.gif

IMG173.jpg

Cetainly nothing to special, all original except the front tire. 1996 Diamondback Assault, chrome frame, 21" TT. I need to find a back wheel and a brake system for it.

So, as the OP of this thread, I thought I would post an update. I have sold  the 1996 20" Diamondback picture in my first post of the thread. Taking it's place is a 1997 24" Diamondback, again with a chrome frame.

And since everybody likes pictures. Here it is leaning against my 68 Chev C-10 that has taken the place of my Datsun.  :thumbup:

20130713_110931_zpsc9f8eb20.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

THOSE PEDALS ARE BOSS!

I have always wanted a set of those! Always. 

If I still rode I would want a set. Wait. No. 

I'd so destroy them. 

When I stopped riding I wasn't using pegs but was still grinding. 

I went through a pair of PC Odyssey pedals once a month. 

Went through left crank arms every 3-4. 

Can't do that on Shimano DX pedals. 

Back in '95 they were going for close to $60-80. 

Ugh. I miss riding.