The BMX bikes of Ratsun

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back n the day I had whords of bike stuff mainly old Hutch parts think I had 3 hutch bikes. Anyone remember them?

Haha! Yeah, my girlfriends step dad hanging from the ceiling. My buddy was sponsored when he was a kid. He gave away a set of NOS pedals for 100 bucks. They sell for over 300!

I put Hutch stickers on my Schwinn Predator. I was at Burger King with a friend and someone moved his brand new Performer out of the way to steal mine. Sure, he still had a bike and I had to walk, but even a tweakers know quality when they see it. Over 20 years later I still give him shit about it. Guess those stickers weren't such a great idea.

• Like 1

anyone looking to get a bike? i have a semi gloss black and mint green verde vex from 2009 with a few fancy parts on it like a new verde seat and better cranks and pedals. bike is silent no brakes ftw but i could probably scrounge up a set. havent bmxed too serious in 2 years or so but just rode it about a month ago. biggest stair i ever hit was only an 8 so nothing to big.

stock pic

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2046332/

and a video i gotta post up for a fiend froma couple years ago. this shit was crazy when your 16 haha

<object width='500' height='375'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/62856/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/62856/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='375' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object><p><a href="http://www.pinkbike.com/video/62856/">Couple winter clips</a> on <a href="http://www.pinkbike.com">pinkbike.com</a></p>

• 2 weeks later...

recently got back into BMX with a couple mates :D annoying though, one cut a good chunk out of his finger by accident, and i got bitten fair good in the crotch by a dog. so both of us need to wait before we can roll out :(

'99 mongoose motivator, ive had it since a kid. once i got a car i sorta forgot about bikes so its been outside rusting for yearsss. didnt turn smooth, crank bearings were rusty, rear hub and sprocket were gone, chain and tyres were busted, looked sad

was:

29-12bike1.jpg

i picked it back up, pulled it all apart, cleaned rust, stripped stickers and paint, smoothed out brake line brackets, and chain guard brackets, also shortened handlebars, then sanded it up a bit, painted it, replaced lots of bits and cleaned and repacked fork bearings, pulled the front wheel apart and painted then relaced then balanced it (...enough :D)

now:

05-01bike7.jpg

cant wait to tear about on it like old times :D me and my mate need to get better, in the meantime i might pull my seat back a little for some more comfort

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Portland area BMX owners!

There is a All BMX bike ride forming up for the Portland area.

The next ride is Saturday, Feb. 18th @ 3pm

Meeting at Gateway Fred Meyer parking lot by the Transit Center, then riding to Waterfront Park

Taking Burnside all the way down....to Waterfront Park..

This is a on going thing, the 3rd Saturday of each month @ 3pm

Facebook group page: BMX PDX Also: 4130 Northwest Subway Series

The Cali movement has 200+ riders at times.

4130 Ride YouTube clip.

shit yeah i showed those vids to some mates and we all wanted to hit melbourne for a ride

so we loaded up 620 and drove in, parked in a multilevel then rode out from there. was awesome just the 3 of us rollin about :D we messed around a bit in laneways and arcades, then out to a good pub near the docks for a couple, then messed around that area which was cool, then headed back home. weather was awesome, we were gettin some funny but sometimes appreciative looks, all of us had a ball and definitely gunna be tearin it again soon

thanks for inspiration :D

02-12city1.jpg

• Like 1

I have an early 80s PK Ripper that is signed by Perry Kramer. He signed it for me when I was 12 at a ABA NAtional in So Cal. I thought I was the coolest guy around, I have to go pull it out of a box that it is packed in to get a picture. That whole SE Racing team in the 80s where all good guys, Driving around in the Camoflodged (spelling?) bus..got a picture of me standing in front of it at Chandler Arizona Bmx track Winter Nationals...

1328359012[/url]' post='626717']

shit yeah i showed those vids to some mates and we all wanted to hit melbourne for a ride

so we loaded up 620 and drove in, parked in a multilevel then rode out from there. was awesome just the 3 of us rollin about :D we messed around a bit in laneways and arcades, then out to a good pub near the docks for a couple, then messed around that area which was cool, then headed back home. weather was awesome, we were gettin some funny but sometimes appreciative looks, all of us had a ball and definitely gunna be tearin it again soon

thanks for inspiration :D

02-12city1.jpg

Gary! I didn't know you rode 20s bro! That is sick, back in the day I used to ride dirt trails and help build local rhythm sections in parks n shit. I never got the hang of street, plus I used to always crash into the fruit-booters (rollerbladers) at skateparks.. Anyway, keep rockin the Datsun, aus hip hop and deadly-treadlies! Awesome man!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

b096984b.jpg

Nice CW Bars!

Sick! My buddy back in the day(80's) had one of these!

So all you Portland BMXers March 17th BMX PDX is having its 3rd ride.....The last two months we have missed the rain, so don't be scared of a little cold weather..:unsure:

Check out the BMX PDX page on Facebook, come and join the FUN!:cool: