• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

How about a thread to show off your BMX bike? biggrin.gif I have recently re-found an interest in BMX bikes, so i bought this older Diamondback. I am kind of trying to build the bike i didnt get to have when i was a kid. biggrin.gifIMG173.jpgCetainly nothing to special, all original except the front tire. 1996 Diamondback Assault, chrome frame, 21" TT. I need to find a back wheel and a brake system for it.

I had one of these that i raced with around 99-2000. Was an allright bike.

High school i had a free agent flying fortress.. What a tank that bike was, but dirt jumped like a boss, and was indestructable

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I used to be into BMX back in highschool. a buddy of mine had a Hoffman bike, i can't remember what the actual brand was, and a Haro. I was a biker on a budget and had some Pacific brand bike. I always wanted a GT, that was the dream. I currently have 2 disassembled bikes, a 69 Schwinn Stingray, and a 66 Murray Eliminator. i plan on building the eliminator frame into a BMX style bike, the stingray is for my wife so its getting the whole banna seat/ sissy bar setup

I used to be into BMX back in highschool. a buddy of mine had a Hoffman bike, i can't remember what the actual brand was, and a Haro. I was a biker on a budget and had some Pacific brand bike. I always wanted a GT, that was the dream. I currently have 2 disassembled bikes, a 69 Schwinn Stingray, and a 66 Murray Eliminator. i plan on building the eliminator frame into a BMX style bike, the stingray is for my wife so its getting the whole banna seat/ sissy bar setup

You want some irony to that? Around the year 2000, Pacific bought GT, so you could say that your Pacific was an early GT (or Schwinn, as GT owned Schwinn at the time).

• Like 1

My latest bike: Supercross Envy BLK. Though I raced cruiser from 2007 to 2010, it's been a long time since I've raced a 20 (1986?). So I need to join my 4-year-old twins on the track, I needed something nice to ride with them. 

Kind of ironic, I originally bought my first 620 in 1986 to take my BMX bike to the track, but that's when I lost interest in riding, though an injury at the time didn't help. 

20160402_155804_zpsswf4leas.jpg

12801374_10207527622862840_1612094031338

• 3 weeks later...

You want some irony to that? Around the year 2000, Pacific bought GT, so you could say that your Pacific was an early GT (or Schwinn, as GT owned Schwinn at the time).

ha thats funny I didnt know that! i bought my pacific in 2001 specifically because it resembled a GT, maybe I had what I wanted all along :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed that is possible.

It's a cumulative total. I started Riding bikes when I was 12, and dumped pretty much all my money into bikes for 4 years, then it was like a 50/50 split with cars. Hell, the frame alone on that bike cost more than my 710...