The BMX bikes of Ratsun

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine.

bike.jpg

There is some new dirt out in Oregon city by the skate park (Not Meldrum Bar). There out on a peninsula pretty sweet,but are chained off.

Ian Schwartz model Sunday. Nice.

I have broke 5 pairs of those Primo cranks. Heavy bastards, they are.

Now the dirt-do you mean on the other side of the bridge?

I know years ago a few dig spots east of the skatepark.

If you leave the skate park, and go under the bridge, go to the end of that road, and there is a nature trail to the left. Plenty of hiding spots.

How is Meldrum looking these days? It's been a good 7 years since I had been down there.

Are the jumps in the Singer Hill park still going too?

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Schwartz model Sunday. Nice.

I have broke 5 pairs of those Primo cranks. Heavy bastards, they are.

Now the dirt-do you mean on the other side of the bridge?

I know years ago a few dig spots east of the skatepark.

If you leave the skate park, and go under the bridge, go to the end of that road, and there is a nature trail to the left. Plenty of hiding spots.

How is Meldrum looking these days? It's been a good 7 years since I had been down there.

Are the jumps in the Singer Hill park still going too?

Thanks man! Yeah on the other side of bridge,its been a while though at least 6 months.Meldrum changes all the time,sometimes it turns out good sometimes not.I don't know about the Singer hill park jumps...
  • 1 month later...

I got bored and used the lumber rack from my 620 to make a tiny manual platform thingy. anybody riding lately? i started digging jumps at my house but the ground is nothing but rocks. digging up rocks in the 110 degree weather is no fun. i'm not gonna lie dudes i'm out of datto monies (i need primer and por 15 to proceed any further) and i am bored as hell in the middle of the desert trying to entertain myself.

Moving back to portland soon i miss being able to ride 10 different parks in one day.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Today i sand blasted my frame and then got in a time machine and dropped it off in the forest 20 years ago. Then i went and picked it up and put the parts back on.

BEFORE:

IMGP1352.jpg

DURING: first i used a heat gun and a pocket knife to peel most of the paint, then i blasted the rest.

DSCF4413.jpg

AFTER:

DSCF4423.jpg

DSCF4418.jpg

DSCF4420.jpg

The checkerboard duct tape is my super fancy brake cable holder.

DSCF4419.jpg

DSCF4424.jpg

DSCF4416.jpg

New bikes are better.

But if you're not going to put the time in to be a rider, don't waste the money.

Bike-check.

Tight jeans-check.

Limp hand shake-check.

Riding skills-none.

Hipster status-confirmed.

Other than bike and jeans I don't have any of the others. I used to ride flatland from 2000-2004 on an S&M frame while teaching and supervising at Woodward West. I haven't touched a bike since as I joined the Service and got pretty busy.

Anyway, I never got into older bikes and I'm sure bike tech has changed a bit in 8yrs. Figured someone who rides currently could help... Guess not.

am i doing it right? :P

2010-06-05212312.jpg\

not BMX....actually just a childs bike haha, got it back in high school from my engineering class and brought it home and hit it with a fresh subura rally car inspired paint theme

2010-04-19225409.jpg

2010-04-20101301.jpg

2010-04-22153929.jpg

2010-06-06135727.jpg

I got the gold overspray off the tires and I have plans to give it a motor at some point....just waiting till i find a good option on what to use for it

^^^^^^ haha super cool... seeing that bike inspired me to find a picture of my very first bike. I remember getting this for christmas in 1980 when i was 5. I remember popping off of curbs thinking i was hot shit. I would also bend the plastic fender so it would rub the tire and sound like a motorcycle. I wish i still had it but my parents moved a few years ago and tossed all of my old crap that i left there.

i found these pics on google.

huffy.jpg

firstbikehuffy.jpg