• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys, I appreciate the appreciation :D

tumblr_lrs9mtry7Z1r1thdeo1_400.gif

Haha, love that movie, gonna have to search netflix for it next time I'm working in the garage. :lol: 

Do you ever get tired of all the praise ! Lol ! Your quickly moving up the chart ! What chart you may ask , the chart of of top 10 guys I would kidnap in case a zombie attack !

Nope, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that likes where I'm going with this, hopefully it's not towards zombie apocalypse. :rofl: 

Getting it done little by little.  Looks good.

Redeye you know all these guys giving you shit about your ponytail are just jealous cause they are BALD!!! LOL

I've been a longhair for a looong time, I get it. :)

Here is the direction I am going with the shift levers, 19mm is just the right size for me, don't have heat to aid in bending so I had to weld the angle in. Really need to pick up a torch set one of these days, The box is all welded up, just have to figure out a way to get the levers on hub in the right position, got a few ideas though. :lol: 

IMG_2728.jpg

• Like 2

Got a little more accomplished. 

Used some of the rivet nuts I had left over from adding the load bolt to the idler sprocket on the DE in the red truck. Make for a nice solid mounting setup. 

IMG_2733.jpg

Lever positions look good, need to final weld them and then throw some paint on the bare metal.  

IMG_2731.jpg

My drive shafts are ready, I'll pick them up tomorrow on my way home from work. Should be able to drive it Sat after filing fluids and bleeding all the hydraulics. :cool: 

• Like 4

Thanks, I really like how it's turning out. 

So, I hacked up a perfectly good console set.  :devil:

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Like this view need to get some matching switches for that open slot above the stereo and a shifter boot. 

IMG_2747.jpg

Drive shafts in.

IMG_2748.jpg

Slave installed,

IMG_2750.jpg

Rear back together, still need to get the mudflaps on but I need some steel for that. 

IMG_2744.jpg

Need a speedo fitting for the t-case and an extension or longer speedo cable. Gotta bleed the hydraulics, put my intake back together, get a battery and it's driveable again. :)

• Like 2

Console w shift knob and wrenches looks amazin.

Radio

Thanks man. :)

Looking good hippie, gonna go snow wheeling when you get it all back together?

Hell yeah! :D

Nice work as usual Steve. That console turned out killer!

How does it feel to shift? I was thinking a long stick would be in the way. They look nice and short as if they should have been there. 

Thanks. Shifts just as easily as my jeep did only I had to reach to shift that one. The 620 ones are just a bit shorter than the trans shifter and ended up right where I wanted them.

Might get the brakes bled today, but we are taking the kiddo to see Santa so probably not much more than that will get done. Maybe at least get it out of the disaster area formerly known as my garage :lol:

• Like 1

Like this view need to get some matching switches for that open slot above the stereo and a shifter boot.

I got my leather boots from a Wheel skins dealer. Beside making steering wheel covers, they make matching shift boots that fit Datsun console openings well. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I got my leather boots from a Wheel skins dealer. Beside making steering wheel covers, they make matching shift boots that fit Datsun console openings well. :thumbup:

Not to jack Steve''s thread, BUT, could we get a link or something? That sounds pretty cool. 

Hey Steve, how about a shot from the passenger side to show the height? 

• Like 1

Not to jack Steve''s thread, BUT, could we get a link or something? That sounds pretty cool. 

It's been a while, just google wheel skins like I would have to.

• Like 1

Thanks, I will look into them. 

Clean, clean, clean!  Did I say CLEAN!!!

No problem :)

i feel your pain , i never seem to have enough room either .

It's not just the lack of room, it's the lack of cleanup time between each stage of projects too.The trucks been in the garage since August. I'm ready for a full gutting and cleansing at this point. 

Jester, here's a shot from the side as requested.

I have about an inch between the t-case shifter an the transmission shifter when the t-case is in 4 high and the trans is in 2nd, 4th or reverse. Have about the same distance to the button on the armrest. The left shifter is for the rear axle, right is for the front. Forward is high range and rear is low range. The lever is a 4:1 ratio - 4" upper lever:1" lower lever to the cable. Shifts nice and smooth.

IMG_2753.jpg

Installed one of my KA MAF brackets after shooting it with some rustoleum sand, cleaned up the crappy intake tubing for now and installed a new air filter. Maybe this summer I can get some different power steering lines and build a nice intake tube. 

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

Still need to bleed the hydraulics and do something about my battery area. 

• Like 2

Thanks, I really like how it's turning out. 

So, I hacked up a perfectly good console set.  :devil:

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

Drive shafts in.

IMG_2748.jpg

Slave installed,

IMG_2750.jpg

Rear back together, still need to get the mudflaps on but I need some steel for that. 

IMG_2744.jpg

Need a speedo fitting for the t-case and an extension or longer speedo cable. Gotta bleed the hydraulics, put my intake back together, get a battery and it's driveable again. :)

The console is only "hacked up" if when you done you throw it in the garbage!  If you had regular shift rods with black knobs it would look factory.  Nice work Redeye.

• Like 2

Thanks Charlie :)

Got  bit more done. Really need to bleed the brakes so I can drive it. 

New upper shock mount

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

Like so

IMG_2859.jpg

Overall

IMG_2856.jpg

Welded, painted and shocks installed

IMG_2869.jpg

Mud flap fab kit

IMG_2867.jpg

Receivers cut to fit