1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool. I honestly figured you did, but.........

I have the bed full of stuff and a canopy on it so there is extra weight. I jacked it up under the axle until the springs were the only thing supporting it, then I hung off the tail gate to seat them. After that I set the axle on jack stands still supporting the truck. Then I set up jack stands to go under the springs to get just enough release at the axle to align and rotate it. Should be good, appreciate the concern :)

I thought you already cut the hole in the diff...

Then I plugged it. :lol: 

I think I have created a monster, we started with one pumpkin on Monday night and now she's almost finished 2 more and is still excited for the other 2 we haven't done yet. :rofl: 

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

She still has to cut out the OO! from the BOO! on that last one :D

• Like 1

Do you ever sleep??????

I can take 11" out to remove the overhang of the no longer used back body mount. I am digging the canopy on it though so we will see. 

Don't do it. I wish I hadn't.

p_001.jpg

I think it screw'd up the look of the truck. 

It does make for a good departure angle though.

Do you ever sleep??????

Don't do it. I wish I hadn't.

p_001.jpg

I think it screw'd up the look of the truck. 

It does make for a good departure angle though.

About 7hrs a night if I am lucky :lol: 

Yeah, I think it doesn't look as balanced. I can build a stout bumper to land my ass on, but honestly departure angle hasn't been an issue so far. 

I've also convinced my girl that camping out of the back of a 620 can be comfy, so the canopy will probably get some use on this truck. :cool: 

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

• Like 2

Hotel was the backup plan for Canby :lol:

If I don't come up with something better than the ground this year I Will be definitely in a motel this year , shit wait that would mean missing the great night life after the lock down . Can't do that !

Steve, I have the canopy that came on my truck when I got it. It's yours if you want it. Might charge you a couple stickers for it.  :poke:  :rofl:

I will take that badboy off your hands , if Steve doesn't want it of course .

Steve, I have the canopy that came on my truck when I got it. It's yours if you want it. Might charge you a couple stickers for it.  :poke:  :rofl:

I don't need no more stuff :rofl: 

If I don't come up with something better than the ground this year I Will be definitely in a motel this year , shit wait that would mean missing the great night life after the lock down . Can't do that !

I will take that badboy off your hands , if Steve doesn't want it of course .

Exactly. :D

It's all yours. 

• Like 1

Got a little fab done in between this mornings welding session, time to get ready for a party now though and pic up some more wire :lol:

Bent the old fashion way in the hitch receiver on the yota. 

IMG_2497.jpg

Tacked in

IMG_2498.jpg

Other side was easier. 

IMG_2500.jpg

• Like 3

I sure hope so :lol:

Got some more wire. The axle is all welded up and I started pulling the trans t-case mount/cross member so I can weld it up as well as the frame rails. should be able to finish that up the next couple days and then it's time to regear my case and start putting stuff back together. After that I can measure for drive shaft mods and new shocks. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys! :D

I am liking how it's turning out myself. Finished welding the frame rails and got a large portion of the cradle welded and then I ran out of gas, no more til Monday. Tomorrow I will be tearing into the t-case I guess. 

Welded up rails.

IMG_2517.jpg

I tacked a bunch of heavy wall tube and angle to the cradle to hopefully minimize warping, will cut them off when I finish welding it up.

IMG_2515.jpg

Cleaned up housing ready for paint

IMG_2518.jpg

psst psssst psssssssssssst psssst psst

IMG_2519.jpg

• Like 4