1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll head down to the shop when I get a minute and see if I have two doors or not. If there is one in toolbox I can pull it off though I can't promise there's one there or the condition of it

Cool :)

you think that upper shock mount will ever wanna teeter totter and bust off? 

Probably...gonna keep an eye on it for now, but will be adding another tube accross to the frame this summer. 

• Like 1

you could make some 90* triangle gussets that have the same curve at the main bar.

this would solve the side to side movement.

the up and down movement is going to translate into rotational movement on the original shock mount tube, so im not sure how youd fix that... 

guess you need to break it so you can figure out how to fix it better? lol

• Like 2

You could make a big "U" shaped piece of 3/16" or 1/4" sheet metal/steel that would go around the cross member and touch all the tubes on the inside of it(the "U"), weld it all up, that would fix the rotational aspect of breaking the tube off the cross tube, then you could add gussets to the sides and incorporate them into the "U" bracket also, but this will not fix any rotational issues of that the whole cross member, but unless it is rusted near the frame junction, I don't see this as an issue, as it is just a shock mount.

I could see where the single shock mount point in the middle could cause the cross member to bend upwards, but I suspect that that would only be an issue if you were to be using air shocks as a way of trying to get the back end higher, or launching off of something high in the air(whole truck airborne), but I believe you will have other things to worry about doing that than the rear shock mounts.

Keep in mind that the farther out the mount point is from the tube itself, the more leverage you will put on the tube rotation wise.

You could always just add another tube across and finish that tube by continuing the arc down to the other tube and mounting it the same way keeping what you have already made, that would likely be the strongest setup

• Like 2

You could always just add another tube across and finish that tube by continuing the arc down to the other tube and mounting it the same way keeping what you have already made, that would likely be the strongest setup

This is likely how I will finish it off. 

Sorry Steve no joy on the glove box door. Went out to grab some sodays and checked for you

i have one , if you still need one , i could give to hobo tomorrow when he is down working on the canby truck .

That would be cool man. :)

• Like 2

Hey steve, nice ass

Uhh thanks  :lol:

You're tho thilly Qutie tip

:rofl:

Shit no joy on glove box. Sorry Steve. I'll run by the junkyards and see if I can scoop a couple

No worries, it's not like it's a new issue or anything  :sneaky:

Found some snow. 

Enjoy

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

• Like 3

Good to see it back on all four and playing too. So, how did everything shake out on the maiden voyage? 

Well the suspense is killing me!  How do you like it?  You made me ask. LOL

It did great. Ride is fantastic super firm and not clunky anymore. Have a bit of bearing noise at my t-case output I think, will swap that with another one I have next time I get it in the garage. Fine for now though. All the gears work 4hi and 4lo. Can't wait to do some wheelin.  B)

Hey look, snow!

Had to head up Sauk Mtn to find it. :)

Another ass shot for you :lol:

IMG_2972.jpg

• Like 3