1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just one more for the empty hole, will most likely be for the on-board air, the rest are already used or will be used as soon as I wire them up. 

1                          2                  3               4              5                 6                           7

drivers heated seat / rear locker / front locker / empty / rock lights / door locks / passenger heated seat

#7 being the most important one :lol: 

• Like 3

It needs an alarm, there are a lot of people that want that truck, myself included.....

Not too mention the amount of $ I have tied up in it :lol:

I just want him to build me one so I don't have to. Just a little bit shorter

I don't have enough room currently to build someone else a truck. Hopefully plans go well this summer and I will have a shop by the end of the year. We can talk then :)

Love the console mod!  I would need a diagram to remember which switch does what, Oldstimer disease.  LOL

This page needs more pictures of the truck!!!

They might get labeled, we will see. 

Will these do? They are from 5/10 day. : )

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

Taken by paisa13, thanks man :D

IMG_14351.jpg

IMG_14281.jpg

• Like 3

Here are some more then :lol:

IMG_4137.jpg

Here is a link to the work I had to do with the t-case adapter. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66006-620-4x4-reproduction-parts/?p=1251883

Here's a shot of pictures of all the components. I have the spacer in the wrong place (middle of the pic), it goes on the shaft before the rear bearing, not after.  The rear bearing was the bad one. 

IMG_4167.jpg

I think I figured out what happened with the clutch as well. The wear on the flywheel and pressure plate is weird and patchy. I noticed the flywheel in the truck has only 6 tapped holes for the pressure plate. The pressure plate for the stock 240mm clutch needs 9 bolts. I think there was just not enough clamping force for the pressure plate.  The new flywheel has 9 tapped holes so we will see once I get the driveshafts back in and take it for a drive. 

IMG_4170.jpg

You should be able to make out the patchy wear in this shot. 

IMG_4171.jpg

I took the opportunity to change out all the gear oil in the truck and inspect the front gears and locker. Looks real good, not to shabby for my first gear setup.   :)

IMG_4182.jpg

My buddy Nuff came over Friday night. He was going to help me with reassembly of the truck, but because of the bad new bearing and the fact that I only bought 8 flywheel bolts instead of nine we ended up just hanging out instead. He brought over his portable grill and cooked up some steak and asparagus. I fired up my new, to me, orchard heater and we had a relaxing evening with the dogs.  

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

I'm pretty excited to use this thing for Memorial camping, it puts out the heat. :cool:

IMG_4181.jpg

• Like 3

They are awesome, puts a stupid grin on my face when it lights up. Sounds like a jet train or something. :D

Drive shafts back in the truck. 

IMG_41911.jpg

Took it for a drive, nice and quiet up to 55. There is the tinyest but if chatter in 5th from the gear/shaft spline when I let off the gas quickly, should welded that bitch up. It's not bad at all though and can wait til the next time I have to tear into it.

Ready for Memorial Camping and a summer of road trips to Canby and a few wheeling destinations. Plan to hit Naches, Elbe and maybe Liberty and any others we can fit in this year. :cool: 

• Like 3

Steak trumps chicken.  Those look like steaks I could grille.  It is getting hard around here to buy meat that is thick cut.  I have to go to Safeway where they still have butchers and have my steaks cut special.  I am accused of grilling roasts for steaks, but there are never no left overs!  LOL

IMG_4178.jpg

• Like 1

My scout made it.....spent the night in the bonnet lake Walmart parking lot when the ignition module blew.....then there was a really bad accident at the Y in the camping areas and I couldn't find my buddies, found them the next day and everybody broke all there shit and was going home. First wheeling trip after I got it together.

• Like 2

Got home last night and taking today to recompress. :lol:

Happy belated Memorial Day, hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and took some time out to remember what Memorial Day is about. 

Here are some of my pics. Enjoi. :)

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Muh dawg.

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

End of the road. 

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

Campin dawg

IMG_4303.jpg

Firewood labor = Camping chores seem to get easier as I get older. :rofl:

IMG_4323.jpg

Heat is a non-issue these days too. :)

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

Misty mountain mornings everyday. 

IMG_4331.jpg

A buddy of ours has a smoking addiction and we are all very supportive. Sat night was Thanksgiving in May with a full turkey dinner with all the fixins, it was delicious. :P

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

• Like 7

Another buddy has a bitchin gimbaled video quad copter. Hopefully he gets his wheeler is back together and we can get some wheeling videos with it.  :D

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

More slave labor. This is my nephew, he's a bit of a city kid. This is his first full trip with us, he stayed through to the last night. 

IMG_4392.jpg

Making use of that firewood. 

IMG_4401.jpg

Night run dash shot while waiting for everyone to get turned around. The camping them song was turn around bright eyes lmao. 

IMG_4414.jpg

My buddy Deans jeep. I got to  drive it back down the mountain while he wheeled the motor home.  :lol:

IMG_4448.jpg

Got a pic to prove it.  :D

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

Nephew being a dork  :)

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

Ready to get loaded up

IMG_4533.jpg

Oscar dawg relaxing while watchin us pack

IMG_4541.jpg

Ryan loaded up, half his bed is full of trash we picked up out there including the ricer wing bbq. My buddy with the quad copter filled his trailer with scrap we found as well  :(

IMG_4593.jpg

All packed up.

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

Oh and I got this pic from demarkboy while I was out there, the valve cover arrived for the Canby 521.  :D

IMG_4264.jpg

• Like 7

Looks like an awesome time and a killer camping spot. I hate to find all the trash up so.e where like that, good on you guys picking it up, I usually do the same. Looks like your weekend went better than mine! :lol:

• Like 2