FLIPP'N MEGA FLIP 610 bluebird

Burabuda

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if that person really bought the car for 3500 lucky him or her..... although I won't hate on that at all..... the only I would hate on is to let it go!!! that car is so damn sick!!! why sell it.... Although my hoarding habits might be kicking in right now. but damn what a clean ass car..... Id def buy it if wasn't in so much debt and still paying my Evo.

The comments made it seem like this was the car when sold for $3500

1238019228la.jpg

^ you got it son

now where does the 11,500 come in?

greedy+Dollar+EYES+2-money.jpg

Simple, it should have never have been let go for $3,500 in the first place. Also this is the asking price, could have been $20,000. It remains to be seen how much it will actually sell for. It looks worse than it seems.

So what's the outrage? That the car isn't worth $15K or that someone may make almost 5 X back on his investment, or that such a beautiful car is treated as a commodity? Take your pick but it isn't a done deal yet.

• Like 1

Simple, it should have never have been let go for $3,500 in the first place. Also this is the asking price, could have been $20,000. It remains to be seen how much it will actually sell for. It looks worse than it seems.

i've been following this particular car since before it even was sold in japan

younger ratsuners get excited when they see "BLUEBIRD" nowadays

but this is actually a BLUEBIRD-U, and not to be confused with BLUEBIRD 510

whether that's value or popularity

the car sold in japan for about$1500 i believe

add shipping of about $1000 + $500 misc. for $3k total

the guy who imported it wanted 12k for it originally

and it was in MINT CONDITION

it didn't sell for years and it finally made it's way onto eBay with NO RESERVE

and sold for $3500

i've seen it up close and it's not nearly in the same condition it was in when it didn't sell for $12k

and i see that he won 1st place best 70's datsun @ jccs? well that might impress somebody who isn't a ratsuner

who knows, somebody with more money than brains may buy it off BOT. crazier things have happened :D

So what's the outrage? That the car isn't worth $15K or that someone may make almost 5 X back on his investment, or that such a beautiful car is treated as a commodity? Take your pick but it isn't a done deal yet.

you know as well as i do, that we ratsuners have a history of contempt not just for flippers, but for greed itself

remember the goof who got hammered when he snagged a 710 goon from under Sarge then flipped it for a sizeabl profit?

there was so much anger and contempt and this happened just when the new classified rules were put into effect

• Like 1

My outrage is that a beauty like this is treated like a commodity, so I'm guilty too. Is it worth 12K-15K??? I have no idea but I like it that much. (if that makes sense) I love Datsuns too much to flip them for any amount, at least I hope I never am forced into that corner by circumstances. Other than Datsuns, flip away.

BaT Link

Flickr Account of car

I copied most of it here, Not mine this is not a for sale advert I wish it was mine.

This 1974 Datsun SSS-E Bluebird is a Japanese market model that was imported to the USA in 2007. It has 43k original kilometers according to the seller, so under 27k original miles. The car is all stock apart from fresh coil-overs professionally installed by Classic Datsun in Vista, Ca, and 15″ staggered Riverside wheels to match. All original parts are also included, so it could be returned to a stocker if desired. Just last week the car won the “Best 70′s Nissan” award at the recent Japanese Classic Car Show in Long Beach. It is available in San Marcos, California for $15k.1974_Datsun_SSS_E_JDM_Bluebird_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

The car needs paint to be flawless, but looks very clean as-is. Brand new Kics wheel spacers are included if the buyer wants to fine-tune the wheel spacing. The wheels were restored and straightened, polished with new stainless steel hardware and fitted with brand new Hankook Ventus tires. Troy Ermish supplied the rear coil-overs and Design Products the front coil-overs on modified 280zx struts with Techno Toy camber plates.

1974_Datsun_SSS_E_JDM_Bluebird_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

The interior is a time capsule according to the seller, as good as the day it came off the factory floor. The car features factory air conditioning, a real rarity for Datsuns of this era. It also has a factory AM/FM radio and a wild, separate flat tape-deck.

1974_Datsun_SSS_E_JDM_Bluebird_For_Sale_Interior_resize.jpg

The engine compartment is in very clean shape, and looks all factory apart from the new red-top Optima and the adjustable camber plates. The big air filter housing is spotless and feeds the L16′s factory Bosch fuel injection system. New fuel lines, front brake pads and an oil change were all recently done. The 5-speed transmission shifts nicely and the seller says that the car runs perfectly.

1974_Datsun_SSS_E_JDM_Bluebird_For_Sale_Engine_resize.jpg

The impossible to find front grille chrome trim is also included and the seller says that it is part of a collection that does not get used enough.

the main reason this bugs me is not that dude is flipping it though i do think that is wrong the thing that pisses me off every time i look at this car is the fact that i offered the guy my entire insurance settlement from my car accedent ($6250) and he said no then sold it on ebay for half that

• Like 1

the main reason this bugs me is not that dude is flipping it though i do think that is wrong the thing that pisses me off every time i look at this car is the fact that i offered the guy my entire insurance settlement from my car accedent ($6250) and he said no then sold it on ebay for half that

yep a very good reason to be pissed

@aaron, sounds like you need to read my earlier post for clarification