FLIPP'N MEGA FLIP 610 bluebird

Burabuda

some of you won't like the new look (and some of you will)

I hate the way it looks now. Just send it to me (You cover shipping, obviously) and I will fix it back to correct. It will probably take about 2 years to get it done, so just plan on at least that long. And I will have to drive it almost daily to ensure I work out all the kinks.

:D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$7K? and was up for twice that originally and didn't sell on e bay? Sounds like someone trying to squeeze as much as possible from this. Now it's worth $12K??? so what makes it suddenly worth $5K more? It's a nice car and I bet most of the members here would like it more than the next buyer who sees it only as an investment.

36g68i.jpg about what it's 'worth'.

Welcome to Ratsun "datsun bluebird-u sss-e" . I hope you post more pics of your? car . it's worth every penny and always has been

I feel alot better knowing it didn't sell on ebay for $4k .. Mike, it's a stock fuel injected L18 RHD imported Bluebird-U with stock paint going into a museum :cool: I care

$7K? and was up for twice that originally and didn't sell on e bay? Sounds like someone trying to squeeze as much as possible from this. Now it's worth $12K??? so what makes it suddenly worth $5K more? It's a nice car and I bet most of the members here would like it more than the next buyer who sees it only as an investment.'.

It doesnt matter what it sold for, Im just telling you it didnt sell on ebay for $4K like you seem to think, It sold for $7K+ not running and all stock. I dont see it as an investment I see it as a piece of history thats going in a museum where it belongs.

Welcome to Ratsun "datsun bluebird-u sss-e" . I hope you post more pics of your? car . it's worth every penny and always has been

I feel alot better knowing it didn't sell on ebay for $4k .. Mike, it's a stock fuel injected L18 RHD imported Bluebird-U with stock paint going into a museum :cool: I care

Thanks for the welcome. The car is a piece of history, It is a Bluebird-U SSS-E with every factory option available. It was only produced from Jan-May of 1974. It was produced as the first and only Nissan/Datsun with Factory Electronic Bosch Fuel Injected L-16. This Model was only produced in japan.

It doesnt matter what it sold for, Im just telling you it didnt sell on ebay for $4K like you seem to think, It sold for $7K+ not running and all stock. I dont see it as an investment I see it as a piece of history thats going in a museum where it belongs.

It's a nice car, I just don't care about prices. If it sold for 25K everyone would be looking and talking about it differently. Didn't know it was going to a museum. Is that a real museum or someone's 'collection'? It should be fixed and driven.

I dont see it as an investment I see it as a piece of history thats going in a museum where it belongs.

The car is a piece of history, It is a Bluebird-U SSS-E with every factory option available. It was only produced from Jan-May of 1974. It was produced as the first and only Nissan/Datsun with Factory Electronic Bosch Fuel Injected L-16. This Model was only produced in japan.

THANK YOU.

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome. The car is a piece of history, It is a Bluebird-U SSS-E with every factory option available. It was only produced from Jan-May of 1974. It was produced as the first and only Nissan/Datsun with Factory Electronic Bosch Fuel Injected L-16. This Model was only produced in japan.

Actually I did do some research on something unrelated and found out about this first EFI on a 4 cylinder Datsun (610). Did this particular car come with a dogleg 5 speed? Our 610s came with a long F4W63 4 speed similar to the earlier PL510. If ths Bluebird came with a dogleg, was it a long or short one? Similar cars assembled in New Zealand for Oz market had them I believe but the ength is not mentioned.

Actually I did do some research on something unrelated and found out about this first EFI on a 4 cylinder Datsun (610). Did this particular car come with a dogleg 5 speed? Our 610s came with a long F4W63 4 speed similar to the earlier PL510. If ths Bluebird came with a dogleg, was it a long or short one? Similar cars assembled in New Zealand for Oz market had them I believe but the ength is not mentioned.

Yes this car has a Dogleg 5 speed and I believe its long (but not 100% sure).

Here is the gear ratio,

R- 3.57

1st- 3.382 (14.8),

2nd- 2.013 (8.81)

3rd- 1.312 (5.74)

4th- 1 (4.38)

5th- 0.854 (3.74)

The car has been fixed and driven, it has almost 50,000 Kilometers now since purchased. I get 35-40 mpg driving it.

I did get to see this thing up close at both Neisi week And Motor Union show this past weekend. It's a nice looking car. A little rust on the window pillars and some other spots. Bluebird U Knows everything about this car. He does a nice job of talking it up if you get a chance to catch him by the car.

Who cares what was payed. The guy loves this car and is out sharing it with the rest of us that will never have one. I say good for him....

• Like 3

Yes this car has a Dogleg 5 speed and I believe its long (but not 100% sure).

Here is the gear ratio,

R- 3.57

1st- 3.382 (14.8),

2nd- 2.013 (8.81)

3rd- 1.312 (5.74)

4th- 1 (4.38)

5th- 0.854 (3.74)

The car has been fixed and driven, it has almost 50,000 Kilometers now since purchased. I get 35-40 mpg driving it.

Yes. this is what I was researching. We didn't get the long (31.5") dogleg but they show up from time to time. One showed a Z car like cross member and I suspected a Maxima....turna out the 810 SSS in Europe with L18 and SUs did in fact get the long dogleg. My search also centered around the Austrailan (610 called a 180sx or something) saw a picture of the shift knob which had red on it. This is usually on a dogleg here. I never did find out if indeed the Australian or Asian dogleg was long or not but assume it was because the 610's 4 speeds were long and this would use the same mount and driveshaft length.

The 3.382 1st gear sure looks like the same ratios as the short doglegs. I'll check when I get home but there was also a close® ratio gear set for the dogleg, but used only with Z series motors.

Yes. this is what I was researching. We didn't get the long (31.5") dogleg but they show up from time to time. One showed a Z car like cross member and I suspected a Maxima....turna out the 810 SSS in Europe with L18 and SUs did in fact get the long dogleg. My search also centered around the Austrailan (610 called a 180sx or something) saw a picture of the shift knob which had red on it. This is usually on a dogleg here. I never did find out if indeed the Australian or Asian dogleg was long or not but assume it was because the 610's 4 speeds were long and this would use the same mount and driveshaft length.

The 3.382 1st gear sure looks like the same ratios as the short doglegs. I'll check when I get home but there was also a close® ratio gear set for the dogleg, but used only with Z series motors.

The 610 bluebird-u japan model and 180B sss from australia 5 speed doglegs are 780mm ( this is obviously referred to as the long box and it is the same length as the Datsun Z Boxes and bluebird boxes in japan). So I'm pretty sure its long.

That's it... a 180B (not 180sx) Yup, length not confirmed until now, thanks for that. Many odd ball parts show up that were never on cars delivered here. Most come on import Japanese motors, like close chamber heads and dual SUs on L series intakes. Long doglegs probably came here bolted to these SSS motors.

31.5" dogleg...

transphatdaveunknownZtransmaybeMaxi.jpg

'short' dogleg...

transdoglegshort78hl510Lseries.jpg

BTW the Z series doglegs had these ratios:

1st... 3.170

2nd.. 1.921

3rd... 1.312 (same as the L series)

4th... 1.000

5th... 0.854

Rev.. 3.570

Are we just going to argue about how much a Datsun is worth or what?

Some people think its worth more, some people dont; fact of life. I'd rather see more pictures of it than have a pissing match over price tags.

pictures or GTFO.

It's a nice car, I just don't care about prices. If it sold for 25K everyone would be looking and talking about it differently. Didn't know it was going to a museum. Is that a real museum or someone's 'collection'? It should be fixed and driven.

Price does not impress me. History and good looks do though. Cars are for driving.