'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NUTS!

nuts.JPG

Found these cool chromoly nuts that fit the exhaust/intake studs but use a 12-point 10mm socket so you can install them in tight spaces easier. Very good thing with a header and dual sidedrafts.  :thumbup:

This engine build is quickly becoming "hey, how much cool hardware can we use on one engine?"   :rofl:

• Like 2

^^ those look like the nuts i used on jet engines, other than not being self locking. 

I came very close to ordering the self-locking nuts from McMaster-Carr that have the 6-point 10mm heads. But in the end, chromoly was cooler.   :rofl:

Would love to see the nuts you're talking about. Are they stainless?

I came very close to ordering the self-locking nuts from McMaster-Carr that have the 6-point 10mm heads. But in the end, chromoly was cooler.   :rofl:

Would love to see the nuts you're talking about. Are they stainless?

SUPER high temp - Titanium 12 points. still thinking where i should use them. Engine bay or in the cab.

1554454_646805822031709_764750430_n.jpg

• Like 3

Meant to tell you thanks for the Kirk link. They told me they would have to check and get back with my because they weren't sure if an A12 header would fit a B210 with A15. If not I may be able to get one imported through them for my setup but the price tag is more than I paid for the car :P

Hrm, that's not so bad them. If they have one for the B210 when I call back tomorrow I'll get it, if not I'll buy the 1200 one. I was worried it might hit something underneath like the steering or any mounts due to being a different chassis.

Actually, if the collector hits/is close to the floor that will make it easier to tuck the exhaust for the lows. win win! :thumbup:

Actually, if the collector hits/is close to the floor that will make it easier to tuck the exhaust for the lows. win win! :thumbup:

It's a common problem when running the Kirk/Nismo header on a 510 with an L20b (taller engine raises the header 3/4"). I just cut the stock 3-bolt flange off and welded on a V-band.  :thumbup:

This: 

240sxv867.jpg

Usually beats this:

IMG_9218.JPG