socaldatsun

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So your working out the hugs or bugs,lol

Looks real good,I like orange to were is your front bumper and the only thing i see is,I prefer chrome and i think it will accent the orange better,not haiting just saying.Very good what does the inside look like and the engine gay i mean bay. :thumbup:  

Why do you have to gay up every thread you post in?????

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

well its been what 7 years since the last up date on this truck. 

still have it, still doesn't run but definitely more leaps and bounds of progress.

those of you that aren't following my instagram account its @dattodave521

still running a single cam ka 

converted to bee's ball joint with z32 big brakes and using the 1 inch wildwood master cylinder. 

white bunny clutch redid the fuel system 2 times since its driven. converted from 2 external fuel pump, 2 filters and a surge tank. decided to go with 1 huge 450 fuel pump. 

got a 3rd member out of a roadster with 3.89 gearing.

cut out the trans crossmember and made a bolt on one for easy access. 

all new body harness so all my light finally work 

oh yeah... i went turbo 😄

• Like 1

what my gauge cluster almost looked liked. decided to cut up an old crappy looking one and making it look as original as possible using the chrome trim and original glass. 

seats have been sitting in the sun the entire time so got extremely faded. used some fabric paint temporarily. will eventually get rid of these. 

20200429_182659_resized_2.jpg

20200513_201402_resized_2.jpg

20200513_193852_resized.jpg

20200513_193832_resized.jpg

20200426_114454_resized.jpg

20200520_180323_resized_2.jpg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, socaldatsun said:

lol yes i heard the stories 

clevises are maxed at that angle and that one clevis needs to welded fixed so that they don't pivot. 

They haven’t had 2 clevises for years.  I only made a handful that way and quickly changed the design.  

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/30/2014 at 4:50 PM, datzenmike said:

What number ECU are you using? You should be using one from an automatic. Standards have a built in rev limiter that needs an input from the speed senser.

so recently went converted to megasquirt on the KA. The dudes took apart the distributer to install the trigger wheel they said that the ignitor was actually bad.

i guess in the tuning process it was still cutting out with the stand alone.🤣 

now we know ...

On 10/23/2021 at 5:46 PM, BEEBANI said:

They haven’t had 2 clevises for years.  I only made a handful that way and quickly changed the design.  

yeah, i remember i bought this kit early on and was sitting on it for a few years before installing. i kinda prefer having the option to set my alignment then welding it in place afterwards. 

On 1/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, konig209 said:

Still absolute junk.

hey when there is absolutely nothing in the market and some one steps up to make something work or happen i call that a win! we are all entitled to our opinions. to bash on some ones time and effort to re-event the wheel for these trucks isn't cool in my book. lets see some one put time and money in the equipment, CAD design, machine time, ect. at the end of the day we are all in this hobby to improve and modify our trucks and in my opinion this was the best upper control arm route that offers adjustably and simplicity AND sources ball joints that did not need to be pressed in.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 9:53 PM, socaldatsun said:

yeah, i remember i bought this kit early on and was sitting on it for a few years before installing. i kinda prefer having the option to set my alignment then welding it in place afterwards. 

hey when there is absolutely nothing in the market and some one steps up to make something work or happen i call that a win! we are all entitled to our opinions. to bash on some ones time and effort to re-event the wheel for these trucks isn't cool in my book. lets see some one put time and money in the equipment, CAD design, machine time, ect. at the end of the day we are all in this hobby to improve and modify our trucks and in my opinion this was the best upper control arm route that offers adjustably and simplicity AND sources ball joints that did not need to be pressed in.

I know its been some time but we have options like blue hands for ball joint conversions and disk conversions. We have silvermind for wilwood. And if all fails me for new king pin kits.