Sunkist 521 ka24e

socaldatsun

good job.i will do the same.

You taking notes on this kids build there Mr Big.

Hats off to this kid he is kickin some ass with this build. And doing it all him self and takin oics. WTG!!!! Kid

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes guys, my mounts are made for the bearing type. And I thought that I had specified that to both of you. In the future, I think I will make them wider and you can just use spacers if you want to run the bearing type ends. Sorry for the confusion, as it wasn't my intention for anyone to have to cut on their new shocks.

Yes guys, my mounts are made for the bearing type. And I thought that I had specified that to both of you. In the future, I think I will make them wider and you can just use spacers if you want to run the bearing type ends. Sorry for the confusion, as it wasn't my intention for anyone to have to cut on their new shocks.

No im sorry for not reading my posts from you correctly which Beebani stated to use the bearing type,and there for its not his fault but all my fault and for that I am sorry.I guess i was to excited to order them when he sent me the link and i did not even bother to read the all post's he sent me and when they did not fit i was angry with him when i should of been angry with myself.So again i apoligize for giving beebani a hard time and for nothing and i will truly read all my posts again thats for sure so i dont do this again.

Everything got worked out. Thanks bee you've been lots of help. Your work is awesome. Looking forward on making more business with you sir ;)

You son of a gun you beat me to it.looks good now to get mine done.were did you order the bearing collars from.Well then again like John said you do everything i dont.lol

Summit com8t-102pk

Got started on the floors gonna put some rustolium and then some of that rubber undercoating. Eventually put some new dinamat, the PO had put some but didn't clean up the floors before so there was a good amount of gunk and little rust.

B5243DCD-4370-4500-8BC5-B7A101CFE27E-443-000000619388ECAA.jpg

More pictures (;

3061B8EB-F85E-4D68-86E0-09DE26E4CD8D-979-0000008AD43DFF6C.jpg

I'm only doing the back portion just so I could get it ready for the bucket seats. Any sudgestion on side mounts brackets?

Tried to fit the radiator on but running into a little clearance issue.

9E22170E-6C19-4B42-960F-09D663294F20-979-0000008AB7E1EA09.jpg

The bottom hose is right on the altimator

619DBD8F-2EA0-48C6-9B1F-9762EF0F8E4D-979-0000008AB21F3A80.jpg

The bottoms crank pulley is hitting the fan.

647A2683-5538-4B5C-9A7F-B9DAB3036A91-979-0000008ABFC5FB0E.jpg

I still have about two inches before I hit the fire wall so going to try and move it back.

The only thing that is holding me from moving it back is the transmission cross member. So I'm going to cut out a little "L" price off and fill it in so I won't need to use a bracket and bolt it straight onto the xmember. I didn't take pictures of the trans mount.

Over vie of the motor :)

B49E96C9-8B29-4F42-A3C8-4C6A6A0D6F80-979-0000008A998938FC.jpg

Don't you guys just love it when I have two days off in a row x)

Thanks sky

Have a "V" cut out of the outlet, fold it to the side and solder/weld it back together.

You can likely get an inch(at the most) by loosening all the cab mount bolts and sliding the cab forward.

I have already done that x) I have no choice but to modify the tranny mount or the core support. I'd rather to the tranny and leave the core support as a last resort. Hopefully with the motor moves back I could have enough clearance with the bottom rad house.

Just wanna say thanks for the advice, compliments and encouragement from everybody on here. The was a few times that I was thinking about throwing in te towel but I'm hanging in there!

I am almost done all that's left is the exhaust"should be ordering the headers tomorrow morning" and the drive shaft.

Everything else is plugging in the wire harness which the PO already had it made so its plug and play, putting the gas tank back in or relocating it where I wanted it, hunting down the radiator hoses and the seat brackets witch should be easy since they are side mount brackets.

Hopefully by jan I should be back onto the roads !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post these

1F65EBEF-E0BC-48C0-89B0-AC5941BF2973-689

F6C929BD-399A-4315-AC8B-FB2ED5A656A5-689

The down pipe is gone be cut and rewelded to go inside the sleeve

I also treated myself this Christmas to a hydro e brake and some planted seat brackets for my brides:)

I also worked out the radiator clearance issues. I slammed the motor back against the fire wall and now it gives plenty of room. Now just gotta take to cab off again work the trans cross member, modify the oil pan to clear the center link and I'm golden:)

Merry Xmas y'all!