• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dang it's been a while since I posted!

Got a lot done but still not running.

Well I sent the motor to machine shop cause of that smoking. Ended up replacing two valves, got all new pistons, rings and bearings Aswel as a cam cause mine was prety beat, new timing chain kit was installed with a water and oil pump. Cost a lot of money aha

After it being installed I drove for a while and seems like the fuel pump shut off after a mile or two away and it has a loud buzzing noise. I've been told that it's being starved so I moved the fuel pump a lot closer to the tank then it was before but still no luck. I'm gonna work on a surge tank set up. Also hooked up some autometer inside as a temp thing that I got off my buddy. I'll post pictures later when I get home

Running a walbro 255 inline pump, I got -6 steel braided lines from the fuel cell, feed and return and I'm using the fuel pressure regulator. It just seems like it's cutting out under load. Negative on the fuel pressure gauge

We'll get a gauge so you can see what is going on.unless your running all the stock fuel,system like per say out of a 95 240,you will need to dial,it in.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

She's running! With a few bugs but I've been driving we to work for about a week. The power feels amazing but I'm still babying her..... Alittle ahaha

Some of the bugs:

A tranny betting is screaming on the freeway so gotta drop it an see what's up

Seems like the Ecu hits a fuel cut off cause once in a while It will just hit a brick wall on the free way while I'm passing some one

Fuel pump seems to run dry so I'm doing a surge tank set up and a secondary pump to feed

Fuel cell spills gas since I have 2 -8 fitting as breathers open so can't appreciate the 20gals just yet

Steering is a little sloppy cause of the king pins so gotta decide if I wanna rebuil the kingpins

You type like Jrock,so are you sure its the king pins or is your steering box gone to shit.

Next your fuel pump is running dry ?,Why i am running a bigger one then you and no problems look at how you have it mounted again and are you running a regulator and do you have a return line.

Fuel cell so if you are running a return line you are pressuring the tank,with that said you are pushing gas vapors out those so called open vents,if there is no safety check valve on those vents,please get a class B fire extinguisher like now,just in case. 

And WTF is a tranny betting,is that a new game at the Pechanga.lol

Ahaha no I'm on my iPhone so it's difficult to type grammatically correct an ish aha

And yes when I lift te truck I can move the hole wheel/hub assembly ad not sure why my pump is acting up I have it mounted under the tank and I'm gonna set a vapor can next week till then I have to run less then half a tank. New issue that just happened, my left rear just locked up so the piston isn't decompress

Ahaha no I'm on my iPhone so it's difficult to type grammatically correct an ish aha

And yes when I lift te truck I can move the hole wheel/hub assembly ad not sure why my pump is acting up I have it mounted under the tank and I'm gonna set a vapor can next week till then I have to run less then half a tank. New issue that just happened, my left rear just locked up so the piston isn't decompress

Hmm.I wonder if its the china drift brake.

• 3 weeks later...