Sunkist 521 ka24e

socaldatsun

Hey,

Just picked up my first car ever and decided to make it a 1972 521 ;)I am 19 and live down in Imperial Beach, so give me a call if you are near. Already knew this was going to be a slow moving project, but she wont need much work to make her my daily drive.I am not going to lie, I know hardley anything about these cars, but every one isnt born with the knowlege of how to build a car.

so this is my start...

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

As far as I know the motor is stock, it does have a dogleg 5sp tranny and a little drop.The front brakes are non-exictant because the guy started the drum-to-disc conversion, and the back disc are done already.The guy did tell me he put a new wiring harness in but not exactly sure what he did. There is a few loose wires here and there and like 2 switches I have no idea what they are, and some of the lights do not turn on.

The last picture I do have a question, what size of restraining pin can I put inside the shifter?
All I have in there is a screw and nut in place.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to Ratsun! You may get lucky and someone might have a spare pin and bushings around here somewhere.. ;)

Anyone with the stock pin and bushings I'd be all ears if you put it on a gauge at the non worn part and gave me the measurements. My 521 5 speed needs tighter :)

go to O rileys or Autozone in the HELP section misc stuff.

Get the door bushings. 38374 ,38377 or 38410 from there you can make it work. better than the stock plastic ones.

nice truck. if it runs dont be swapping (electrical)stuff in for BLING!

take photo of engine bay and we can tell you more on what to upgrade. one at a time!

Nice color truck!

read everything on olddatsuns.com!!!!!

go to O rileys or Autozone in the HELP section misc stuff.

Get the door bushings. 38374 ,38377 or 38410 from there you can make it work. better than the stock plastic ones.

nice truck. if it runs dont be swapping (electrical)stuff in for BLING!

take photo of engine bay and we can tell you more on what to upgrade. one at a time!

Nice color truck!

read everything on olddatsuns.com!!!!!

Thanks, I'll look into that this weekend when I get a chance. As for pictures of the engine bay will have to wait till tomorrow because I got out of work too late. Thanks on the compliments on the pictures, I'm kinda a photographer X)

DSC_0518.jpg

As far as I know the motor is stock, it does have a dogleg 5sp tranny and a little drop.The front brakes are non-exictant because the guy started the drum-to-disc conversion, and the back disc are done already.The guy did tell me he put a new wiring harness in but not exactly sure what he did. There is a few loose wires here and there and like 2 switches I have no idea what they are, and some of the lights do not turn on.

The last picture I do have a question, what size of restraining pin can I put inside the shifter?

All I have in there is a screw and nut in place.

this is what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item5641333481

oops. diregard. this is the wrong pin. sorry bout that.

Edited by skyblue521