Internet providers

Jester

Looking at the dyno sheets, lol, looks like comcast is pretty quick.

Again, they will excel at this speed test. They have what is called a speed booster, which only lasts a little while, but tapers off quick enough. I have always been lucky to get 1/3 of the speed I have now with comcast. And I have had 3 comcast installations in different locations.

Again though, if you want fast, they are often the only ones available around here.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have fast speeds with century its just I keep loosing connection for a sec. I even use my n speed wireless router instead of the build in one and still drops. Others in area have same issue. I have Comcast tv but there internet was slower bit more reliable.

I have fast speeds with century its just I keep loosing connection for a sec. I even use my n speed wireless router instead of the build in one and still drops. Others in area have same issue. I have Comcast tv but there internet was slower bit more reliable.

Wireless N routers! Cuz G was already fast enough!

I got my router for 5 bucks on sale with a coupon. My.wife is a coupon whore and part of something called groupon. She takes surveys and gets giftcards to. When my old one went out from someone dropping it I was pissed. Nut I love this one. 4 extended range antennas I have full connection in my house, garage, and don't loose bars till down the alley. I love my router just for that.

I got my router for 5 bucks on sale with a coupon. My.wife is a coupon whore and part of something called groupon. She takes surveys and gets giftcards to. When my old one went out from someone dropping it I was pissed. Nut I love this one. 4 extended range antennas I have full connection in my house, garage, and don't loose bars till down the alley. I love my router just for that.

Cant beat 5 bucks! N range vs G range? hmm. I have connected to my router from 500 ft away... It was funny, Im sitting in my friends living room with my laptop. All of a sudden my net drops, then comes back up and says connected to my internet instead of my friends. He doesnt even live on the same culdesac. lol. And its just a regular old linksys, that I have hacked :)

I currently have Clear I pay $70 for 2 modems. I'm switching to Comcast next Tuesday and am going to pay $39.99 for 30Mbps Internet and cable.

Thinking that's the plan I'm going with too.

Good info Dan. I was thinking of upgrading to Quest's wireless router. Think I'll just wait till I get Comcast in. Plus, the boss says we have a spare wireless router here at work that isn't being used that I can have for free.