77 longbox build thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on hopefully having it ready to roll by next Wednesday. Driveshaft did need to be sent out and lengthened an inch and a half.....this may set me back. By tomorrow fuel delivery and water cooling will be addressed, installed and functioning. I want to get wiring naileed down and opeational by Monday, these are tenative plans, but I am now on vacation so it is all good. I am planning a northwesternly road trip with the truck, but no I will not be attending blue lake :(

All I have to say is:

Ollz! Matt you are funny! Thanks for going to lunch today, great seeing you. Wide, I am keeping the 2 piece and the front half is getting lengthened.

I have no phone interwebz tonight, so no photo updates, but as of right now hardbody tank DOES fit! Its in right now, brackets made, welded, wiring hooked up, filler neck modified and fuel delivery and return lines attatched. The fact my truck was a factory electric pump truck took the wiring all the way down to simple, and all connections are heat shrunk!

Radiator is now fabbed in, mounts made, just need to drill proper holes. Front mount fan is in, with 2 top support brackets needing made. Tomorrow morning this will all be buttoned up, I will get the shifter dialed in, console put back together and start on the wiring........excuse my language heaven but FUCK YEA!

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='06 August 2011 - 09:12 AM' timestamp='1312647128' post='525501']

What radiator are you using?

Lol, I am embarassed to say, but a late 80's vw rabbit radiator filled the bill perfectly, and a late 90's volvo turbo provided the front mount fan! Oics forthcoming this afternoon/evening.

Lol, I am embarassed to say, but a late 80's vw rabbit radiator filled the bill perfectly, and a late 90's volvo turbo provided the front mount fan! Oics forthcoming this afternoon/evening.

Haha, seen the vw rad in a truck or two and I've run that same fan. :D

Ok faithful followers, father wild has some more gospel lol......work is really hitting a fever pitch here, and I am still in the midst of this entire project......the scope of all the little things that have come up, been addressed and tackled is so great that I haven't been able to get oics of it all.....let's just say that actually installing the engine, dimensionally speaking, was as easy as cutting a piece of cake...the rest of it was like picking pieces of coconut out of the frosting on the cake cause you hate coconut.......weird analogy but every aspect of every system on the truck has needed scrutinized, modified or fabricated....if it weren't for many scrap cars, pieces and parts this shit would nickel and dime a guy to death....but so far it has been worth all the trouble. Right now Cordale620 is head and shoulders under the dash helping get this wiring hooked up. A lot of the reason that this is taking quite awhile is everything is being cleaned up on the fly.......no going back to "do it later". This is going to be the best it can be as we go.....

So here is the only oic I have right now to share, I will go back and put in the fabrication/clearance oics up later, but here is a picture of a completed engine bay, minus the headlight/hid wiring, which is a seperate deal, and the wiring for the electric fan, which is a seperate harness as well. Enjoy, and I am sure some vids of a running ka are forthcoming soon!

2011-08-08_00-03-34_921.jpg

• Like 1

It is off of a 240......it came with the intake plenum....not sure if it was for a 240 or if it was modified....I modified it even further for this application. It is scratched to piss though, I am thinking about painting it later. Ok well I just woke up, off to it gotta get this beast ready.

I have been buttoning up manythings, waiting for Corey to get off work at 5 and we are going to tackle the rest of the wiring. Lastnight we cranked over the truck....the battery was weak, it was cranking very slow. I double checked timing today to make sure it was on, and we verified that there was spark while we were cranking. it was 1:30 this morning and we were at the limit of no sleep and he needed to work thismorning so yea. Tonight should do it! It looks like I will be waiting on the driveline to be finished on this as far as being able to drive it.

Thanks guys, all your checking of the thread is keeping me going.............I have been putting in hours and hours getting everything ready and we are right on the verge of having it running, but being the perfectionist I am I just keep finding little things to tackle.

Alright, well I see we are off of the 620 board and over in project Datto, prolly should have been here to begin with. SO the project KA runs. I need to get it to the exhaust shop to get the downpipe attatched. Headlights and electric fan also need hooked up, but thats for tomorrow. I am just patiently waiting for my driveline to be finished to be able to drive it. So all in all tonight was great. I have many oics, but here is the first start up video to enjoy!

th_2011-08-08_21-42-56_97.jpg

click on the oic to watch, its a photobucket vid

Peace

• Like 4