77 longbox build thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I was told friday that he was starting on it. Nothing heard today. I have to work tomorrow, which sucks since it is in the middle of my vacation, but I knew it beforehand. I am really ready to drive it let me tell you.......

The guy doing it is very capable and an amazing machinist. He is also very busy. He is a friend of the family and is doing this very very inexpensively, so I am not going to push it by bothering him about it constantly, but I really want to get her on the road this weekend.

Yea

Attention. I am driving the truck, I repeat I am driving the truck! Runs amazing. Need to re route speedo cable. I did have the truck act like it hit a rev limiter? In third gear, it didn't shut off, just sort of hesitated until the r's dropped a bit. We will see what happens. Oh yea no fuel guage, so need to figure that out too.

• Like 1

Ok well there is definitely a fuel shutoff issue. I can run her hard through first and second, and most of third then the fuel shuts off until the rpm falls below 3k, then I can only drive between 3k and 3.5k, above that thhe fuel shuts off again :( so yea all I can manage on the hiway is 63 mph or so. I tried grounding the 5th gear switch to the ecu to no avail. I was told an auto ecu #10 would work without the issue, and I am just wondering why; what does it see/do that the manual one doesn't.....sort of frustrated, because I can't drive it anywhere much like this lol.

Guys, this is a whole new truck. Hell it isn't even in the same ballpark....I can get on it hella good, its just mostly hiway cruising that sucks......if someone down south had an ecu I would make the trip no worries, I just need to find the right one etc. You have a line on any chet?

no but I can make some calls tomorrow in the am and see what i can find. I know there is some on Ebay. I know there is two you can use just dont remember which two. I think one is the #11 and the other might be #14 but not sure. I will try to find one for you.

Hey Bill, unless something has changed, there is still probably a KA Stanza in the wrecking yard up north (pick and pull, not pull and save). I would think that would work. If I get a chance I'll grab it for you, fact I think I mentioned that before, but haven't been up that way. Doing the fuel pump in my hardbody this weekend, but if I get that done I might be able to make a trip up there.