FABRICATION FAIL THREAD

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is downright scary knowing that these POS's are sharing the roads with us normal people!

I saw a "donk" Caddy driven by a Mexican once with suspension setup similar to this. (pic from site listed earlier in thsi topic)

scary178.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my girlfriend saw this and just started laughing our asses off. Luckily we had our camera handy, so we grabbed it to snap a couple shots and the guy thought we liked his car and stopped to "strike a pose" for us to snap the pics. We were cracking up pretty good, he then did a half ass burn out to show off how cool he was. I'd call this a double fail, ugly paint with stupid wheels.

fail2_zps62967622.jpg

fail_zpsb770d449.jpg

anyone remember that datsun or nissan lowrider truck the guy was selling on here back in 2007ish. he got a lot of hate for his fabrication. did his truck make it on here?

You talking about a matte green 521?

and also Im surprised I didnt see that glorius "coilover setup" picture of my truck. Heres a video of it the day I bought it. Its no longer in the truck. and I fixed the exhaust since that video..Sounds much better

anyone remember that datsun or nissan lowrider truck the guy was selling on here back in 2007ish. he got a lot of hate for his fabrication. did his truck make it on here?

You talking about a matte green 521?

and also Im surprised I didnt see that glorius "coilover setup" picture of my truck. Heres a video of it the day I bought it. Its no longer in the truck. and I fixed the exhaust since that video..Sounds much better

nope ... he's reffering to caddyhack's truck

I smell something fishy lol

thats the one. I remember it taking a lot of heat for chopping so much up on it. The thread was pretty active and people got kind of vocal over it. The threads name made me think of that truck before anything else.

we all remember it. because it was engineered like shit hahaha

All this tells me is people will spend 1000 man hours working to avoid buying parts. The plumbing pipe and fencepost and the liberal use of fluxcore welding wire is just awesome.

I HOPE TO GOD I NEVER DO ANY REPAIR THIS DAMN HORRENDOUS. Roadside fixes aside. Seriously, no matter how bad you hack something to avoid calling a tow truck, if you make it home without further damage, you succeeded.

Whats wrong with flux core welding exactly?

I'll tell you the biggest problems is people not knowing what they are talking about when they refer to it lol. Dual shield flux core is FAR superior to standard mig and is used for shop fab and structural construction all over. some wire is even seismic rated to withstand earthquakes or thermal rated to withstand incredible temps, talking beyond standard xray quality. What gives flux core a bad name are all the back yard wana be's that buy a 20 dollar welder and dont have a clue how to use it.

This thread tells me a lot of people miss the point too lol. Fabrication fail, that means a failed result of poor design, construction and use of tools. If someone wants to spend hours fabricating their own stuff instead of buying off the shelf thats their prerogative. Same if they want to slam their ride and go pure form over function.

HOW they do it is the point of this thread. Be it a 20 dollar flux core or a 10,000 dollar tig the result can either be good or bad and that is what we're are talking about here.

• Like 4

wtf royal sierra .... i never knew thats how it started...thats a interesting set up...still llike your truck...

.i think the biggest probelm withthe caddy hack ... is yes its kinda ghey ... but the douche who bought it and was on here ... was a tool....made me look like mr. rogers...granted i didnt think it was gonna get rave reviews but the guys attitude of it being some one off ...10 k datsun... when really it was just what skib said ....a poorly engineered shit pile...that someone overpaid for..

welding and painting go hand in hand .... just because u buy the 1500 dollar peice of equipment u can still turn out shit work...i seen some of the worst paint jobs come from a 750 dollar sata spray gun... and i seen some pretty nice ones from a 49.99 harbor freight gun...its all about technique... and the only thing that fix's that is practice...

ST-0912-GEARS-lead.jpg

I think it's coolish

smd

I remember that truck being in minitruckin and a few forums. That is my idea of a bad hack job. It's not even drivable because shit is all sticking out of the firewall and floor. Retarded waste of a good Datsun 620 which happens to be my favorite truck.

• Like 2

ST-0912-GEARS-lead.jpg

It was being sold for 5K?? or something. I think the seller bought it and got hosed and was trying to unload it on the next guy. Was the ownership in question? Some people thought they could look cool driving around in it but I doubt you would get far in any state without being towed.

No windshield

No mirrors

I don't think it had seat belts.

The welded air bag cantilevered abortion suspension.