I got Burned!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the 'threats' of violence. :lol: We're a close community and when one member seems to have been fucked over the knives come out.

lulz

9Cunhv1v46ba4rkmQ0mSZBKR_500.jpg

longcat is long.

we are tight community....... and we dont take to kindly to having scammers here

same here. things get forgotten or put on the back burner sometimes.

gotta remember your dealing with people and not a business.

hopefully theres a misunderstanding....... but its not really looking like it.

he needs to get in here or talk to the OP to clear things up.

The thing is...it *is* a business dealing when money is involved between two unrelated parties. The offending party's unrelated problems are not the buyer's problems, or vice versa. Ever. It's a rare thing for there to be an actual emergency that would prohibit someone from completing a transaction. If you disagree, then I'd posit that you have a strong penchant for "emergencies" (or are otherwise a shady person) and shouldn't be conducting business that you can't complete in the first place. If there is an actual emergency (again, highly unlikely), then that should be clearly explained and the offending party should lay out exactly how they're going to complete the transaction satisfactorily to the other party and then do so, not drop the ball and ignore the other party. If a seller lets things fall through the cracks due to his own incompetence or negligence, then by all means his reputation should be tarnished by that fact and people should be aware of it. I'd certainly like to know that an individual takes more than a week to come through on an agreed upon transaction before I decided to deal with him, because anything more should be discussed or is otherwise an unreasonable amount of time to leave someone hanging.

dealing with an actual company and buying from a private party are two differant things.

%99.9 of the time things go fine but shit happens sometimes.

this case looks like hes purposely ignoring him tho

The thing is...it *is* a business dealing when money is involved between two unrelated parties. The offending party's unrelated problems are not the buyer's problems, or vice versa. Ever. It's a rare thing for there to be an actual emergency that would prohibit someone from completing a transaction. If you disagree, then I'd posit that you have a strong penchant for "emergencies" (or are otherwise a shady person) and shouldn't be conducting business that you can't complete in the first place. If there is an actual emergency (again, highly unlikely), then that should be clearly explained and the offending party should lay out exactly how they're going to complete the transaction satisfactorily to the other party and then do so, not drop the ball and ignore the other party. If a seller lets things fall through the cracks due to his own incompetence or negligence, then by all means his reputation should be tarnished by that fact and people should be aware of it. I'd certainly like to know that an individual takes more than a week to come through on an agreed upon transaction before I decided to deal with him, because anything more should be discussed or is otherwise an unreasonable amount of time to leave someone hanging.

EVERY one of the difficult dealings i have ever had on any internet transaction was from some emergency.......hospital stay, dead grandma,grandpa, mom, dad, sister, brother, uncle cousin, you get the idea, or even as bad as jail or ex gf drama or something, any excuse as to why this deal fell apart on their end...........all these problems happen RIGHT AFTER they cash the money order..

I try to see the best in these situations, like you Mike, however it seems that only the worst comes out in the end.. I really hope he gets on here, straightens stuff out and we all go on about our business, because he HAS to know people are looking for him already.....wasnt there a thread a month ago or so where people paid for a dash on the datsun restore website and it went defunct........didnt a ratsun member help with that refund? It would be great for this to work out.

dealing with an actual company and buying from a private party are two differant things.

%99.9 of the time things go fine but shit happens sometimes.

this case looks like hes purposely ignoring him tho

How is it different in any way that is relevant?

How is it different in any way that is relevant?

just sayin shit does legitimately happen sometimes that limits communication/shipping in some cases.

but hes clearly avoiding him in this case.

just sayin shit does legitimately happen sometimes that limits communication/shipping in some cases.

but hes clearly avoiding him in this case.

I don't think I've ever heard a good reason for delinquency in a peer-to-peer transaction that lasted more than a few extra days or maybe a week tops. There are plenty of hypotheticals but most situations won't cause a complete failure like this one unless the offending party willingly allows it to happen, which is simply a mark of his character, not the situation. Sadly, character isn't worth very much to people these days. In this case it looks like it was worth a set of carbs :P

Id put a lien on his car also. The carbs are valued at more than $300, so that makes it a grand theft case. You will need to talk to an attorney or paralegal about what steps you need to take to prove you have tried to get in contact and that he willingly is avoiding you. That plus sending him a letter stating you will take legal action should be more than enough to get him to pay you.

I don't think I've ever heard a good reason for delinquency in a peer-to-peer transaction that lasted more than a few extra days or maybe a week tops.

I had a bunch of stuff for sale on ebay when I had my stroke. it took a couple months to get it all taken care of - shit does happen

Seriously, paypal is great for that. And money up front before you give stuff away. Case in point, I was just a flakey bastard to Jayden, kept telling him I'd send the mudflaps, send the mudflaps! He sent a paypal money received and I took damn near a week or two after to send them because shit just kept coming up.

BUT, I also did not log in to paypal and transfer the funds until this morning, when I actually sent out the mudflaps. Granted, I met Jayden and he seemed like a stand-up guy.

Anyone else I don't know off here, I always send a pm or two to someone else to see if they're worthy of dealing with.

what i do when im planning on selling something to someone out of state from a forum website or like facebook or something besides ebay, i tell the buyer that i will post the item on ebay at a certain time at a certain buy it now price, so that the buyer can get on at that time and buy it. that way both i and the buyer are safe. but that sucks man, hope things get figured out

He, or someone who knows him, can turn around and say "So and so got his address off of Ratsun.net and beat the shit out of him."

I'm also not keen on posting his info either incase someone should act on it. Keep comments to a minimum.

fuck that guy.. if i meet him, ill pop his nose open...

^^^ Isn't that exact thing we're trying to avoid?

I haven't taken the time to read through this past page 1 yet, but I guess now I need to.

I want to but hes poorer than me.......and his hardbody tailgate with datsun wont fit my 620

Yeah, I don't get to work on buses all day! Speaking of which, did you ever find another carb? Want me to mail you some jets?

Just threw a link to this thread on the one where he's pimping his Rally's carbs with the blue reducers. But if he's anything like the thief bitches on HondaTech or NWSR, he's not going to say a thing and will simply delete/change his account.